Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Kathleen Pa

Hello all you marvelous mini makers.  I really want to make a mini but my 2 prior attempts  are in the bottom drawer still in pieces!   I placed an order for some Sassy fur, pattern, small hemostats and little cotterpins  and stuff today.  So now that I 've invested a little money in this I really want it to turn out. lol   I've been using mohair and it seems so stiff and difficult to turn that I'm hoping the Sassy fur will be easier to work with.  I also was just shrinking down one of my patterns that I made for bigger bears and the proportions don't seem exactly right when I shrink them down so I'm hoping a   real pattern will help.  Any ways,  I usually just lurk in the mini category since I am kinda a failure in this area and don't really have anything wise to contribute but I may be posting some questions here soon  once my Sassy orders comes in!  I can't wait to get started!

Kathleen

baggaley bears Baggaley Bears
UK ( nottinghamshire )
Website

Kathleen you will really see and feel the difference with using sassy fabric and  it turns so easy. We are here to help you if you should need it hun and you can always pm me if you want to know anything. All the best with your mini bear  bear_thumb

Hugs
Vicki

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Hi Kathleen!  Oh... you will definitely find the Sassy materials easier to turn than mohair!  WAY easier.  Turning is like 50% of the agony involved in minis.... isn't it? 

You know... I try to peek in the mini section from time to time, but my computer time is seriously limited and I often don't make it back here for a week or so... if you run into any problems, don't hestitate to eMail or PM me.... I will be more likely to see that in a timely fashion. 

Fingers crossed for ya!

Kim Basta

bumblebearies Bumblebearies
Calgary, Alberta
Website

No agony in turning them....just in the jointing sometimes..the turning of the pins.... getting them tight as I want them.

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Hi Veronica!  I know what you mean... not much space in there to work either in an attempt to turn those little pins down.  I find it hard to get cotter pins REALLY good and tight... even in big ol' mohair bears... I am not a fan of cotter pins!  Most of my little ones are thread jointed in the limbs... as that's the ONLY way I can get the limb joints as tight as I want them.

Kim Basta

Kathleen Pa

Thanks ladies for all your offers of help.   :hug:  I can't wait to get my order and get started!  I always use lock nuts so I"m already anticipating cotter pin problems.  I'm thinking I might thread joint the limbs because I've done that with bigger knitted bears in the past and had good luck with it. Maybe just cotterpin the head ?  I'll see when my order comes and I read the instructions. lol.  Thanks again for all your offers of help.  You guys are so sweet. :hug:

Kathleen

Board footer