Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Looking for people interested in learning felting with me. I have ordered my supplies from Edinburgh and I am ready to go ... but I have had the supplies for about 2 weeks !! What am I afraid of ? Why can I not start ? Am I waiting for a creative surge ? For a push from my friends ? What ever it is I thought maybe if a few other artists have been interested in trying that we could work on a project together. What do you think ? Who is interested ? I really don't know how to do it , so maybe some one would take us by the hand....We could do something small, a small bear or a head pin ... felt over a mohair head... just doing the face... Or what ever !! I need to use my supplies !! I have $90.00 worth of them ... so I went kinda crazy when I ordered !!! But I know it will be worth every dollar when I get the hang of it !!!! Every one says it is addicting !! Even you non artists out there can try with us !!

ANY TAKERS ?

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Jodi, I'm like you. I bought a bunch of needles and supplies and a book and they've all been sitting in the closet for more than a year. I say the same thing..."what am I afraid of"? I don't have the answer but I do know it's very difficult to take the first step.

I would do something with you, but I'm having to make an unexpected trip to the SF Bay area tomorrow for about a week (unless something changes today) to help my daughter. So if you've not made any arrangements before then, I could join you.

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

It may take me that long to start my self so keep checking in !!!

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

I'm the most chicken person in the world.  It took me 6 months before I used mine.  If I can do it, anybody can do it!  I need a little cheerleader emoticon!

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Bock... Bock ... bock !!  Peck ... peck ... peck !!! Gee I am waisting time ... ummmmmmmm but I don't have to start right nowwwwwwww !!!  I am so bad !!!! Come on ... who else is chicken ?

bumblebearies Bumblebearies
Calgary, Alberta
Website

Jodi....my best advice is to keep your mind and your eyes on what you are doing...it is not like stitching a bear in front of the tv.  Your fingers will be in peril if you stab them..... it hurts!  I think when I began, perhaps I stabbed too hard, it doesn't take that much power to put a needle into some wool after all.  LOL

ger a move on...wanna see something...

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

You know me ... I WILL share !!! Even if it is bad ..I promise !! bear_wacko

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

I also have supplies to try felting (thanks Bobbie!!!).  However, I am dealing with an injury to my elbow, so I have been working at a snail's pace even sewing.  Now I am preparing to begin my new venture in the Farmer's Market in 2 weeks, plus teaching a Vacation Bible School class and time seems to be an issue.  I think that I will have time (and healing) toward the end of the summer to begin felting.

Kathleen Pa

Be brave!  You can do it.  I was very excited when I got my needlefelting stuff, but when I looked at that little pile of wool and little needle I had my doubts!!!! But it is truly like magic, just start poking at it and you will truly be amazed!  Just watch your fingers and invest in some bandaids! 

Kathleen

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

and time seems to be an issue.  I think that I will have time (and healing) toward the end of the summer to begin felting.

It's a funny thing, but I've never had to take a break from bearmaking that I didn't feel as if I came back better than ever! Think of this time as a mulling-over period, Millie. I'll bet you'll surprise yourself when you next pick up your tools!

You all know that you've got a HUGE cheering section out here, waiting for you all to take the plunge. Pun intended!
Come on in - the water's fine!!!

teeeej Brisbane

OHHHH! Go on your must have a try! I have only ever done one felting creation, but I had a lot of fun with it. I have a whole bunch of felting stuff at home waiting for me to use. I found it quite relaxing to do. I have seen some beautiful bears with felted pawpads and faces. I am hoping to try this soon.

So you must have a go. I want to see some Jodi Falk Felted creations!!! :photo:  :photo:

I will post a picture of my creation once I get home, to give you some inspiration! I have to replace my broken LCD monitor first though. :doh:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

WARNING...needle felting is extremely addicting.  But unlike chocolate you can "have' as much as you want and won't gain weight.  Also, busy fingers are happy fingers.  :dance:  You won't be able to stop once you dicover the possibilities with needle felting.  It's amazing!!!

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Sitting on my head is Judi, and above her other Teddy chatters, thru them I got "pricked" by the needle felting bug, and have not looked back.
I remember signing on for the class with Judi via EZ Bear University and Judi posting some of her work, with me sitting on the other side of the world shivering and shaking as , I never thought I would be able to pick up a needle. Then came all the questions, what is roving, what is sliver, whats a 32T needle, how hard is hard?

Well I coped, and now I am teaching it here in SA,(and in Taiwan) supplying the needles and the fleece. I even won a first place with my two bears in a competition I entered in Korea.

Its to Judi mainly, EZ bear University, Bobby and then all the tips and advice here in Teddy Talk that helped me along the way.
So I have said it before, but I will say it once again and keep saying it THANK YOU bear_original  bear_original  bear_original

Lynette

teeeej Brisbane

dragonfelt.JPGDOH! I haven't had the time to post until now. I have lost the photo I took, and had to take another. Here you go. I am still waiting to see your lovely felted critters!  :pray:

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Well.... I just have to take the plunge !!!! But I want it to be a day I really have time. And time to relax, so there are no frustrations around me ....Maybe wait for hubby to go out of town also .That way if I feel like doing it all day I won't have to feel the evil eye !! :crackup:

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Me, too, Jodi. I've been wanting to take Judi's needlefelting class and airbrush class but the time has never been convenient for me. I notice that both are offered again in July, which would work for me, barring any unforeseen complications.

And, Judi...I was searching the Library a few days ago and came across some of your posts on the subject. I have to say, that denim jacket with the airbrushed tiger was absolutely amazing. His eyes were so intense. I swear he looked real.

And, I cannot believe anyone would ask you if you'd used an iron-on! You do beautiful work.

Board footer