Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Stellajella Wien

Today I took time to read through TT and some of the blogs.
Wow! SOOOOO much information! Wonderful! :clap:
All these blogs are just gorgeous! Some of them are real works of art, some even better than the actual homepage!
BUT- and now please don´t think that I play stoooopid, that´s just how I am: I don´t actually understand the sense of a blog  :redface:
Ok: I got that: it is a very easy way of communicating to others what ever you want.
It´s a diary.
It´s a diary that THE WHOLE WORLD can read! *fainting at the mere thought of it*
Is it, that since a blog obviously is easy to maintain, that it is an easier way to replace a home page? I got that idea, since a blogger needs to update the blog on a regular basis, otherwise it does not make sense to me…
And then there´s my thought about privacy: I have no problem- or next to none- opening in a forum, where people need to registered and all have the same aim. :)
But a blog- and that´s how I understood it- can be seen by anybody.  bear_shocked
I do have some ideas of how to make a blog and then again not, because I don´t want to share so much about myself, my family and friends …or do I?
Seeing the wonderful houses and gardens some of you have, makes my heart jump, and then I can imagine, that seeing these pretty houses makes some thieves jump….searching for the address and then the pretty things there…( ok, my lovey René keeps telling me I see corpses where there are none;))

Cheeses! This blog business confuses me!
Could it be that a blog is sort of the Tamagochi of 2007? Something that you take care of every day- and slowly take care of every second day, until you refresh it on a weekly and then monthly basis, until the blog gets covered in cob webs?
Teehee..funny: the web´s cobwebs!

Even if some of you would like to boil me in strawberry jam- I don´t mean this as an offence, I´m just trying to find a reason to open a blog ;)

And, as I mentioned in the beginning:
WELL DONE to all of you!
Great work!

Have a great Sunday evening

Gaby bear_flower

majdle Posts: 130
Website

yeah..blogs rock..I just wish I had the patience to keep one..btw, gaby, what´s new in Wien?

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

I wasn't to sure about hosting a blog either...then I looked into it a little more and it's very easy to update. It's no harder than typing right here and uploading photos like we do here.  You don't have to know anything about HTML, although it can help with some things if you want to get a little "fancier" with design. 

As far as privacy goes I think a lot more has been shared out here in chatting.  Even while typing out here you have to be smart....if you're sharing your pet names, kids names, favorite movies online then don't use those things as passwords or privacy protection secret question answers etc. Forums may hold a false sense of security for some, but there are just as many scams that run via registered forums as there are on eBay, Paypal , and the internet in general. You still have to be safe and smart in sharing and protect yourself.

I can't imagine sharing photos would make someone want to rob a specific house, but again take precautions....don't announce to the internet world that you're leaving for your annual, always the same week every year, summer vacation and your cats are being fed by your 82 year old neighbor once a day. 

You're essentially sharing what you want to share, whatever that may be and however often it may be....crafts, dogs, recipes, teddy bears, life's ups and downs....once a day, twice a week, 4 times a month....it's up to you bear_flower

:hug:
~Chrissi

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Gaby... I totally understand what you mean.... my first thought before starting my blog was, why the HECK would anyone want to read about my life, my bears, etc.... then I realized, a whole bunch of people already do that right HERE at TT... so, there are at least a few folks who might be interested!   bear_innocent  bear_thumb

I must admit that I have really enjoyed reading everyone's blogs!  And, I've randomly stumbling across a few blogs that are completely unrelated to anything that I am even remotely interested in... but I have have just become completely absorbed in. 

I do imagine that there are some security issues... just like everything in this world... you have to be cautious.

Think about it though Gaby!  I'd love to read about all the goings on in Wien!

Kim Basta

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

I just started mine not to long ago...I update when I can. The only bad thing is .... nothing really exciteing happens to me . I work all the time soooooooo I don't have allot to share ... but when I do I  DO !!!! It is fun !!

bumblebearies Bumblebearies
Calgary, Alberta
Website

Gaby.... you only do it because you want to do it.   And you must not believe all you read in some blogs either...it is the internet after all... some of them are total stories....... not saying that about our TT blogs..but it is a known fact that there are plenty of scammers and other strange people out there.   If you do a lot of blog hopping and internet surfing you will figure it out.

Nothing says you have to use real names of people ,or name any at all....   ...don't bother with street addresses and such....(although I happen to think that advertising your name... your birthday and your town, and showing a picture of yourself...  on here.....  is much worse as far as giving identity thieves a grasp on something big)..but, it would have to be a pretty determined thief that would travel half way around the world to try to rob somebody they think may have more than they do.  If a few thieves happen to live in the same city...so what?  More thieves that don't bother with the internet are out there roaming your neighbourhood every day..looking for opportunity.   You should have security and an alarm that is monitored 24/7 by security forces just to be safe in a good sized city these days anyway.

I have a blog mostly because a website or homepage is more than I can figure out....blogs by comparison are pretty simple... and even then I got some help from Laura Lynn and Lisa.....       A blog can still showcase some of our work...hold our other page links to show more of it ...and plenty of links of other artists and also pass on much information so that people can blog hop and find plenty more info on many subjects besides what we do.    You only tell what you want to tell and use it almost as a journal of some things.... so you yourself can refer to it.  You don't really do it for others.... except in the more or less reciprocating aspect of listing other's blogs and sites in order to help them get their dolls and bears out there to a larger audience.

And yes...many are relegated to the back burner as soon as some folks begin them...others last a few months..perpahs a few years... and then languish...but many I have read for years are still going strong....life changes....real life interferes and they move on... but for some ..their blogs are their lives.  It is all they can manage as they are housebound or living in wheelchairs.......it is a lifeline for them.

Stellajella Wien

Thank y´all for you answers!
Of course I had to sneak into the blgs, marvelous!!! :clap:

Magda, hi, nice to see you again! bear_original Sinc I do have a blog now, I´ll try to put news about Vienna in there , too, so maybe you´ll like that !

Chrissi, weeeeelllll,you might be right - funnilly enough, I´m not afraid about somebody robbing my house, because I think, austrian robbers don´t read in here :crackup:

Kim, I know what you meen about blogs, that are unrelated to what you do- I had that same experience, too!
You might be able to find news about Vienna in my blog shortly.

Jodi, nothing exciting happens? How about what happens at work? Maybe you should see this as your personal excitment!

Veronica, I agree- there are some infos, one should just not give out. Basta.
And I understand, that for soem it´s a connex to the world.

Have a great star of the week!

Gaby bear_flower

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Gaby... you have a blog...... :crackup:

Stellajella Wien

Matilda, shhhhhhhhhhhhh...not so loud! :crackup:

Gaby bear_flower

Dorothy Miss Dorothy's TeddyFolk
Alpine Ca.

Gaby I love blog bear_flower  I'll add you to my list on my blog.
Dorothy

Stellajella Wien

Dorothy, thanx for adding me! Wow, the first blog, my blog is on ;)
I´ll add yours too!

Gaby bear_flower

Stellajella Wien

Ellen, I share your thoughts about privacy etc. and then again......urrrrrmmm...it is sheer fun to blog! :dance:
And, yes, you saw correctly: I have ablog now :crackup: and maybe some day ....
Chrissi, Kim & Veronic actually convinced me....you post just as much info as you want to post.

Gaby bear_flower

Board footer