Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

majdle Posts: 130
Website

Hello!
I´ve got a little different challenge here - not really a bear making one, but since I know what bear people are like....
Well, let´s put it like this. We all watch the news, read the paper, listen to the radio, surf the net. And what do we see? Blood, wars, hatred, corruption...etc. So I decided to start my own "war against terrorism." I started doing one kind act a day. (or more if there is a chance). Just little things. Random kindness. To family,f riends, but mostly to complete strangers. It can be anything you don´t  have to do that might help somebody, or make them feel loved, appreciated, etc.. So my challenge is: try it for a week starting Monday morning...and let us know how it´s going. What do you think about that? Maybe one person cannot change the world, but maybe I can change another person´s day..(and if you wonder where I got this attitude, ask me and I will tell you a story about it:-))
So, if you feel like doing it, good luck and keep us posted.
Magda

bear_wub

sarahjane Brisbane

Wonderful challenge Magda...I'm in if I can get out of my house!!  bear_grin  bear_grin

Dilu Posts: 8,574

:clap:  :clap:  :clap: Three cheers Magda!!!

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:clap:  :clap: Now there's a worthy way to fight terrorism!   bear_wub   

I try to do small things daily, like holding doors for people, and sometimes will give a compliment on someone's jewelry, or haircut.  It always amazes me to see how much a person lights up by doing this.  I don't tend to do it too often, as I want the compliment to be genuine.  But yes, its amazing what a simple act of kindness can do.   bear_wub  bear_flower

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

pp-redheart1.jpg

I think this is wonderful :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  We can be someone elses miracle!!! We can make some ones day... we can make a difference.Stomp hatred into the ground !!!

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Oh how delicious!!! I love the idea.  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

That is a wonderful idea!!!  :dance:

RaggyRat The RaggyRat Company
Weymouth
Website

you women are wonderful, i have to wipe away a tear - ok i have pms, i get soppy !

mahda dear magda i'd love to know the story - i love pay it forward , esp the book over the movie ... tiny things matter
i wiwll try to do some this week too
cat xxxxxxx

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

:clap:  :dance: Hooray Magda  :dance:  :clap:

Here's one I like to do....I get email coupons all the time for my favorite sewing and crafting stores.  I always print an extra with my own. I like to look for someone who has a bunch of kids and an obvious school project going on or someone who looks like they need a "hug" and I ask if they could use the coupon.  People light up with a good coupon  bear_smile

:hug:
~Chrissi

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

Magda,
What a wonderful idea!!!!!!!
You are a doll!!!!!!
:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
I will pass this along to everyone I know.
Jodi

K Pawz Guest

Awesome idea Magda!!! Pay it forward everyone!!

Hugs,
Krista

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Wonderful Challenge Magda,
Thought I would share how my hubby does it...whenever he sees a military person..current or former...or a volunteer fireman...etc...for example last week, while hubby was in line in a store..and a nice older gentleman struck up a conversation...and mentioned being a veteran of the Viet Nam War, my hubby thanked him for his service.
Hugs &

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

That is such a lovely thought :clap:  :clap:.  I shall try this too.

Warm wishes
Pauline

Website

OK, here are the news - on my way to work I overheard a conversation in English. I turned around and there were two girls, staring into the map, obviously lost. So I asked them if they needed help and they told me they were looking for a specific hotel. So, instead of just explaining where it is, I  took them right to it. Later, when I was standing in the line for a hamburger, there was a little boy who wanted one, too but realized he was short on cash. So I paid the rest. And let me announce the foundation of "The League for Kinder University Environment" - so far, it´s a one man show, but I´m quite sure it will spread. I hate the way everybody is so indifferent to each other in my school. Professors don´t care about us. The secreteries don´t care about anyone. The students are in a constant rat race (I wish it was more of a Raggy Rat race:-)). So I started with hanging a caleidoscope on a strong thread on a window in the main corridor with the note that everyone can use it...Maybe the inner child in them will tell them they are people in the first place. Actually,a most amazing thing happened to me. About two months ago, one of our professors (an exception to the rule, really, because he says hello to us when he enters the room and actually smiles) had a hard time, because his Mom died and also one of his colleagues he had to arrange funeral for. And since it was St. Joseph´s day - his nameday - my two roommates and I sent him a card and I made him a bear with his name. We left it with his colleague, since he wasn´t there and left. The next class, he thanked us for it and we were quite happy, but this still wasn´t all. Time went by and we almost forgot about the whole incident. When the last class of the semester was comming to an end, he asked all the Polish Studies group (that is my two roommates, me and one more girl) to come to his office. We were a bit nervous, because he told us he had something serious to discuss with us. We thought - hmm..did we mess up the term paper? He asked us to sit down on that old couch of his and proclaimed "I really have some serious problems with you guys.." With these words, he pulled plates full of cookies and other things and a bottle of Ukrainian wine from inder the table. :-)) For the next two hours, we sat there, talked about our families and plans and he was telling us jokes and about all the congresses and conferences he´s been to and about his life in Ukraine and so on. the four of us were just speechless...we sat there and we almost cried, because normally a professor (at least in our dpt) would not even say hello to us. Thank God there are still some good people in this world:-)

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Majdle ... that is wonderful !! I know GOD is blessing you !!! And thank GOD for the good people out there, makes life worth facing !!

Magda, today when I was in line at the gorcery store, the store had a deal, buy one package of baloney get 2 free,  an elderly gentleman got behind me, after I got done paying, I turned around and asked him if he would like one of the packages of baloney and he looked a little shocked, I told him the deal the store had and the baloney was free, so he said yes.  Before I left he hugged me and said he loved baloney and thanked me. I heard the lady in the next lane say, that was a really good idea and she was going to do the same for a neighbor that doesn't get out much.  Great Challenge!!!!!
What a sweetheart you are for suggesting it.
Jodi

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Jodi , that was so cool !!! But be ready for the crabby people !!! Let me tell you what happened to me today. I got a call at work , it was a woman customer...She said her boy friend bought her a ring from Kohls  for Christmas and she had just picked up a thing of bleach and it broke her ring in two !! I thought to my self WOW !!! How heavy was that container ? But I said nothing , she then said she did not have the receipt... I said that was fine that I could even exchange it for another one of the same, then she yelled at me WHAT IF YOU DON'T HAVE ONE LIKE IT !! And I very calmly said .. well then I will have to figure out how much it had cost at the time and go from there . She said YOUR A BITCH and hung up !! My mouth flew open !! I was really being very helpful ...so some people are always looking for a fight !! Just thought I would share so if a kind deed slaps you in the face .. don't be surprised !! Some people just ... well what can I say ? But it is always a good feeling when it goes well. Acts of kindness do spread to other people !!

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Wonderful Magda ! Really wonderful !  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Jodi You are one of the sweetest people, what a truly awful thing to have happen, what a rotten life that person must have, to attack a person like that, I just don't get that kind of behavior.  I bet your mouth just flew open.  Your kindness here on TT inspires me to be a better person, you are a real sweetheart. I know it's hard to do, but  look at what she said as a cry of pain, say a prayer for her and hope she will one day have a better life, but knowing what kind of person you are , you have already done this.
Sending you lots of  :hug:

Website

Jodi, that´s so very sweet of you..I bet the lady was just frustrated, full of inferiority complex or something..yes, there are people in the world like this.

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Yes ... there must have been other things bugging her !! At first I thought she was talking to some one else! Like some one standing beside her ... but then the fast hang up let me know she was talking to MEEEEEEEEE !! I will try again today..... Allot of people just really come in to talk......allot of older people.... they are lonely and I always take the time to gab !!! It is nice, I enjoy seeing them come in also.Puts a bright spot in my day too.That some one would care enough to come visit me. bear_grin

amul Amul Kumar Photography
Chicago, IL
Website

http://www.celebrateon911.com/viewtopic.php?t=8

A friend of mine is trying to get this rolling. I keep complaining to him that the front end doesn't make it very clear what the purpose of the website is, so I'm linking straight to his explanation.

I tend to think of fractalchez as a bit of a loon, but I have to admit that there is something....oddly appealing to this idea. Let's make it a wake, not a funeral.

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Jodi Falk wrote: Just thought I would share so if a kind deed slaps you in the face .. don't be surprised !! Some people just ... well what can I say ? But it is always a good feeling when it goes well. Acts of kindness do spread to other people !!

Well it reminded me of a seminar I went to in Florida. The presenter had the opportunity to meet Mother Theresa. He witnessed her trying to help somebody and the person yelled at her, very rudely. She remained calm and still responded kindly back to the "yeller".  The presenter asked Mother Theresa "how do you do it...how is it you deal with people who are ungrateful or in fact the sick everyday...". Mother Theresa replied with a smile, I think to myself "My, my Jesus, what an interesting face you are showing me today"....

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Dear Magda, you are a sweetie. bear_innocent I do this every day and have got quite alot of other people doing it as well. What surprised me is that people have to have this 'Kindness' brought to their attention inorder to do it.
But please dont make me do a kindness to the lady in number 38. She looks at me with daggers in her eyes and scares the bejeebers out of me. :redface:
Wendy

Board footer