Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

I am coming with a heavy heart to share what is going on with me. I am sad to say that I am headed for my second divorce. Hubby told me he is taking a job out of state and that he is not asking me along. He wants to start over some where no body knows him. We have not been close so did not surprise me but I so had hoped and prayed that some day this would turn around and we would be a great couple, but just didn't seem he ever wanted that, he was always sad and angry and distant. So I am requeating prayer that God will watch out for me, protect me. I need enough money and items to start over at a safe  level. I have never lived in an apartment before and so hope I don't have to.Don't trust hubby and don't trust what an attorney can do to me so I hope this goes quickly and that I come out on the other end with enough money to live a comfortable safe life. So If I drop out of sight for a while , this will be why. Don't know how bad the fight will get but have to protect me somehow. Pray for strength for me .... I never wanted to go down this road again.

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Jodi my heart goes out to you.  I can't imagine how devastating this must be for you.  Just remember that the Lord has your life in the palm of his hand and will hold you in his loving arms.  Trust in him with all your heart and he will help you through this sad and very difficult time.  Keep the faith !  I will keep you in my prayers.  God bless you Jodi !

Isaiah 41:10
Psalm 9:9-10
Jeremiah 29:11
Psalm 57:1

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Oh Jodi, I am so sorry....In my own naive way I hope this will be a brand new happy life for you, I hope and pray for it!!!  that the same thing will happen as it did for me and my family that we've talked about before, it will be a wonderful new world where you can do as you wish and be yourself, with no one to drag you down.  You are such a positive uplifting person Jodi and give so much, you deserve to be happy.  From experience things look so difficult at this stage...when you don't know and arent sure...but let me tell you, no matter what happens, you are so much happier when that negative load is off your shoulders.  Keep that in mind....a good change, you will be okay!!!  And we are all here to support you honey, with open arms and many many hugs!!  :hug:  :hug:
1011-008-67-1057.gif

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Jodi, my prayers are with you.  I know how difficult divorce is whether it's your choice or a choice made for you...neither are an easy road to take. 

Take care of you...

Hugs,

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

We're with you, don't worry. It sounds like this is a pretty one sided arguement anyway, but if you weren't connecting it's probably best to go through the mess of a split now rather than later... Don't worry about disappearing. We do what we have to do.  :hug:

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh my gosh Jodi!!!!!  I am so very very sorry  bear_cry   HUGE hugs for you  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Oh Jodi... I am so sorry.   bear_cry  :hug:  bear_cry  :hug:

I, like Sarah, tend to try to hope these kinds of thing end up in a "when one door closes, another opens" kind of thing... and I do sincerely hope that this will be the case!   :hug:

Thinking about you....

Kim Basta

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I can already see blessings in this divorce..... no small children... it's not a major shock... he's choosing to leave YOU which a court will see in a negative light no matter how a lawyer tries to make them see it... you will have to be given what you deserve and then some in a settlement (or, like the others, that's my way of looking on the bright and hopeful side!) You've got a job (some women are left with out ever having worked, no skills, small mouths to feed, etc.) and you have your bears and a great attitude and most importantly God is on your side.

Like Shantell, I'm all to well aware, as others of us are, how dificult divorce can be no matter the situation. There are some really dark days in there full of self-doubt, questions, fears.... but then you look back a year or two later and realize it was all for the best and that are now in a happier place in life.

I'm confident this will all be OK.... hang in there, allow yourself to feel crappy, allow yourself some alone time but don't shut the world out.... come visit us for a laugh or a cry when you need to.... let your friends and family help you through... gather strength from where ever you can!

Hugs and Prayers,
Daphne
:hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I'm so sorry, Jodi, that you have to go through this painful experience.  I trust that the end result will be a better and more fulfilling life for you.  My good wishes are with you as you make this journey.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Oh, Jodi, i am so sorry to hear that!

I really hope things will happen without too much harm done in either side.
I will keep you in my thoughts all along.

I send you lots of hugs.

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

minkbears Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers
Lakewood CA
Website

Jodi, you are definitely at a major turning point in your life and I will pray that God will give you strength to endure this stressful time.
You are such a loving and giving person...always remember that the TT members are always a great support system so don't disappear for too long from all of your friends here.
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
~Kathy

samanthapotter Mary Myrtle Miniatures
Cheltenham, UK
Website

Oh Jodi bear_cry ...there is not a lot I can add to the wise words people have already said, so instead I just want to offer a virtual hug :hug: , and to remind you that you have many true friends here on TT that you know you can call upon at any time.  Wishing you the strength and courage to come through this as a happier person on the other side.

Strike A Paw Posts: 535

Jodi, I am so very very sorry to hear about what is going on in your life.  I am not a religious person, but I will pray for you and wish you all the strength you need to get you through this ordeal.  I am here if you need a friendly ear.

Big Hug,

Julie

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Oh Jodi Hun. I am so very sorry my Dear. I have very good and happy thoughts coming your way! You are in our prayers and we just know you are strong enough to get to the other side of this situation. You have many friends here who care deeply for you and your well being so please Hun take good care of yourself in this time of turmoil in your life.

Hugs Louise

Katrina's Miniatures Katrina's Miniatures
Website

Oh Jodi, I'm so sorry bear_cry  I'm praying for you, I'm sure God will get you through this fine. :pray:  :hug:
There's a song I learned in youth group that helps me get through rough things, so I'll share it.  It's just a few lines that you repeat over and over, getting louder each time.
"I've got confidence
My Lord is gonna see me through.
No matter what the case may be,
My Lord is gonna fix it for me 'cuz..."

dusty attic dusty attic bears
somerset

Thinking of you Jodi and sending you big hugs. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Jodi, I sent you an email.

momanimallover Taber, Alberta

so sorry to hear of your situation. Everyone here has said it all bear_wub you must be devastated, but remember in awhile from now you probably will want to thank him for doing YOU a favor! it sounds like he has a miserable existence and he is just dragging you down with him! A beautiful person such as yourself deserves alot more happiness and love bear_wub  bear_wub

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

awwww...Jodi: I am sorry you are having a tough time. Remember what I wrote to you about Mother Theresa "my, my Jesus, what an interesting face you are showing me today." This is one face out of many trials in your life Jodi. A face that is not pleasant. But you have all of us here supporting you. So instead of retrieving away, talk to us more. For that is what friends are for. We stick together to help those who are having a tough time. Am I right Teddy Bear friends?

So many hugs and prayers for you Jodi.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:

Stellajella Wien

Oh no!!!
Jodi  :hug:  I´m so sorry!
But then again: you´re such a warm, helpful, caring person who deserves somebody nicer and warmer than you obviousely had.
I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST!!!
...and don´t forget the saying about closing a door and opening a window!!!
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Gaby bear_flower

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Your all the best , my heart is full with joy and the feeling of being a little stronger by what you all have said to me. Just keep praying, I fear bad days ahead and I am already tired. But it is helping my diet I have been on !! I just can't eat much , tummy won't hold it !! Thanks again every one !!!! Love you all and pray for blessings to come your way.

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Oh Jodi, I am so sorry for you.  There isn't anything I can add either but I am sending you hugs  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:   Look after yourself.

Warm wishes
Pauline

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I'm so sorry to hear your news, Jodi; even the best divorces are exhuasting and difficult to endure.  But you're one of the most positive, talented, hard working people I've "met" in my online life, and I know that you'll slog thru the crappy parts with grace (and there will be lots of those, we both know from experience) and that you'll emerge on the other side an even better, happier person. 

I'm wary of lawyers, too -- in fact recently had a bad experience with one who was supposed to be advising our family on real estate matters --  but you do need to protect your interests by retaining an attorney for just yourself.  Even if you choose a mediator to coperatively scribe your settlement agreement, please take care of you and have your own attorney read over the work product, to ensure your settlement respects your needs and wants as fully as your ex-partner's.  There really is no better person to do this than a seasoned attorney.

You're very much in my thoughts and I'm sending you lots of support and "been there, done that" empathy.  Stay strong!!!  We're here for you.

sarahjane Brisbane

Oh Jodi I am so sorry to hear this..I too know from experience how difficult and draining divorces can be I hope and pray that this will be the beginning of bigger and better things for you.... :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

Sorry to hear about your problems Jodi-sending big hugs your way  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Laurie :hug:

Board footer