Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh no Jodi  bear_cry
I am so sorry  :hug:
Stay strong.
Danni

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton

I'm sorry that I can't offer words of wisdom born of experience, but I have seen close friends go through it and come out the other side stronger, wiser and standing firmly on their own 2 feet.
I wish and pray that for you.
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Lean on your TT friends, we're all here for you!

Cheryl bear_flower

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

The 'Girlfriends' on WGN Radio, Katy & Judy, always recommend a book called 'Crazy Time'.  I'm not in the process of divorcing but I think it might have some insight into coping skills that all women could benefit from.
It's on Amazon Used Books right now (paperback) for as low as 69ยข - it couldn't hurt!

Crazy Time: Surviving Divorce and Building a New Life, Revised Edition (Paperback)

My best wishes for Peace in your Life...

Roxanne Bear Paws by Roxanne
Odessa, Tx

Bless your heart Jodi,
I do not know you personally,
but feel in my heart that you are a strong woman and will make it just fine  :hug:   :hug:   :hug:

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Take care possum :hug:

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

I am sorry that things have turned out like this for you Jodi.
What a sad time for you. Take care and be strong.

Hugs Jane.
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Kathleen Pa

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Kathleen

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Sorry to hear your news Jodi, stay strong  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:hug: Jodi, darlin'  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

I am so sorry you're burdened with this ordeal, but there's no way someone as sweet and positive and loving and talented as you can go under!

I am also with Daphne and Shelli--get your own lawyer and make sure this foolish man takes care of your financial needs, and then some!!

Jodi Moisan Storytime Bears

Jodi, I found this article that is very interesting:

Women Happier Than Men After Divorce, Study Shows

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Maxine Frith, Social Affairs Correspondent - The Independent
04 July 2005

Women are far more likely than men to come out of divorce feeling liberated, relieved and happy, a study has shown.

Rather than feeling devastated at the end of their marriage, women are more likely to see the split as a fresh start but their former husbands remain stressed and unhappy even years after they receive their decree absolute.

Men are twice as likely as women to feel suicidal about their divorce, the survey of more than 3,000 people for the Yorkshire Building Society found.

More than 150,000 couples divorce every year in Britain, and two out of three marriages fail. The people in the survey were divided into two groups, those who had divorced in the past two years and those who had been divorced longer.

More than half (53 per cent) of the women who had divorced in the past two years said they were relieved, compared to only 46 per cent of the men. Four out of 10 women said they felt liberated, but only a third of men eperienced the similar emotion.

Men had double the level of suicidal feelings, with 7 per cent saying they had considered taking their own lives. Former husbands were also far more likely than former wives to experience feelings of sadness, confusion and betrayal.

More than half the men (56 per cent) said they felt sad at the failure of their union but only 45 per cent of women felt that way.

Even years after divorce, men were still more likely than women to feel unhappy, with 41 per cent of long-time divorced males saying they felt sad compared to a third of their female counterparts. A quarter of the longer-term ex-husbands retained a sense of betrayal, but 80 per cent of women felt no such emotion.

Six out of 10 women spent more time with their friends and family, but men were twice as likely to have casual sex, call an old flame or join a dating agency.

Rachel Court, head of mortgages at the Yorkshire Building Society, said: "The differences are startling. Women simply appear to be stronger than men through a break-up and after." The building society is offering a "Fresh Start" mortgage tailored to people coming out of a messy break-up or divorce.

Women are far more likely than men to come out of divorce feeling liberated, relieved and happy, a study has shown.

Rather than feeling devastated at the end of their marriage, women are more likely to see the split as a fresh start but their former husbands remain stressed and unhappy even years after they receive their decree absolute.

Men are twice as likely as women to feel suicidal about their divorce, the survey of more than 3,000 people for the Yorkshire Building Society found.

More than 150,000 couples divorce every year in Britain, and two out of three marriages fail. The people in the survey were divided into two groups, those who had divorced in the past two years and those who had been divorced longer.

More than half (53 per cent) of the women who had divorced in the past two years said they were relieved, compared to only 46 per cent of the men. Four out of 10 women said they felt liberated, but only a third of men eperienced the similar emotion.

Men had double the level of suicidal feelings, with 7 per cent saying they had considered taking their own lives. Former husbands were also far more likely than former wives to experience feelings of sadness, confusion and betrayal.
More than half the men (56 per cent) said they felt sad at the failure of their union but only 45 per cent of women felt that way.

Even years after divorce, men were still more likely than women to feel unhappy, with 41 per cent of long-time divorced males saying they felt sad compared to a third of their female counterparts. A quarter of the longer-term ex-husbands retained a sense of betrayal, but 80 per cent of women felt no such emotion.

Six out of 10 women spent more time with their friends and family, but men were twice as likely to have casual sex, call an old flame or join a dating agency.

Rachel Court, head of mortgages at the Yorkshire Building Society, said: "The differences are startling. Women simply appear to be stronger than men through a break-up and after." The building society is offering a "Fresh Start" mortgage tailored to people coming out of a messy break-up or divorce.

Jodi you are one of the sweetest people I have ever met and I know God has a wonderful plan for you. Please stay strong and if you need anything let me know.
Hugs
Jodi

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  There's a reason, and a season....stay strong, and look forwards to the future  bear_flower  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Jodi, I wish you all the strength to cope with the next few days. In life they say one door closes and another one opens, this is so true, but right now I am sure you feel that all the doors have locks on them.

Lynette

Yvonne Bebbin Bears
Buckinghamshire
Website

Jodi.....I'm so sorry to hear that you are having to go through this again. Be reassured that you have many friends here,

stay strong.....and lots of love to you..... bear_wub

Hugs Yvonne  bear_flower

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Thanks every one ! Just so tired !! Nothing has really started yet so feeling stressed about that also. Not a safe time.I am looking for the other shoe to drop !!! Will let you all know as I know.But please keep praying !! Prayer does change things !! I need a miracle to come out on the other side with enough money to be safe and confortable !! SO PRAY HARD PLEASE !!!

tinybear-dk TinyBear
Denmark

oh Jodi
So sorry to hear this.
Sending lots of hugs your way
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

mumka Posts: 80
Website

I can't pray but I have a very strong hope and faith that every thing in your life will get better with every day. There is no thing a human couldn't do, remember that bear_original be strong :hug:

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

I am so sorry to hear what you are going through Jodi.
My thoughts, love and prayers are with you and I know that everything will work out for the better.
Stay strong and you know that we your friends are all here for you.

Best wishes that life will be happier for you in the future.

Hugs
Carolyn
:hug:  bear_flower  :hug:

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

:hug: Jodi, I'm so sorry.  :hug:
I will be thinking of you and praing that all this situaton will turn out the best for you.

you know, you have such a cheerful happy and funny bears I've ever saw! Please, don't let them be sad and blue. you are the sweetest and such a friendly lady. As Daphne said, God is on your side. Be strong. your friends won't let you down.

Hugs, JULIA  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

All my days seem to blend together and I am so tired and things haven't even started yet, The thought of the big fight is so looming !!! But with prayer and GOD on my side I will be fine !! I have to be , I am a Child of the KING !!! My FATHER will watch out for me !! I am HIS  child. Thank you to every one, and if I drop out of sight please keep praying, the computer may be turned off and I may not get it in the end. SOOOOOOOOO !! I guess I may be able to visit from another computer, I am not sure. But keep praying for a financial miracle for me, I need to be protected in that way to come through .Pray to protect me from what ever harm hubby has in mind, pray to protect me from attorney's ! The latter hasn't happen yet and I dread it !!! Thanks again every one.

ginny Blankie Bears
East Chatham

:hug:  :hug: It isn't easy to put yourself first, but it sounds like this is the time to do that. As everyone has been saying--take care of YOU. If he needs to move on, that is so, so sad but it is his loss and you need to do whatever is necessary to come out of this in a better place. We are all behind you, Jodi! Take care. Ginny

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Jodi Falk wrote: if I drop out of sight please keep praying, the computer may be turned off and I may not get it in the end. SOOOOOOOOO !! I guess I may be able to visit from another computer, I am not sure. But keep praying for a financial miracle for me, I need to be protected in that way to come through .

Well Jodi, I am not a lawyer but if your husband takes your computer, I hope your attorney will argue that (computer) is part of your bear business and therefore he has crippled your ability to make a living. Ask for alimony and half his pension fund...On second thoughts ask for get half his pension, 401 K and alimony regardless of the computer....I don't know but It would seem very petty for him to walk off with what is needed to survive on your own...very petty indeed....Fight for yourself Jodi.

LisaAP Arcas designs
Website

Jodi,

So sorry to read about this. I sincerely hope that things work out for the best for you and I'm sure that your future will be very bright. Take care.  :hug:

Kind regards

Lisa

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

And if you need a computer in a pinch, go to your local library.  Many have computers with internet access that you can use for free an hour or more...all with your library card.   bear_thumb

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Jodi,
I am sending you a pair of boxing gloves. Just think how good it would feel to box them in the tummy- maybe not the answer but what frustrations you would get rid of.

I think you mentioned earlier on you wanted to do needle felting,mmmm those needles could be dangerous too !!!!!!!

ouch I not so ugly and I know violence is DEFINITELY not the answer, but ohhhh  Jodi I can imagine you running down the street chasing after them boxing gloves in one hand and felting needles in the other.

Lynette

Pijangibears Pijangibears
Denmark

Hi Jodi

I feel so sorry for you. It is a very hard time to go throw.  bear_cry
You are in my thourght.  bear_flower  :pray:

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Board footer