Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

This site may have been posted before, but in case it hasn't, this is a neat place.  http://www.wistyria.com  I found it by accident as I've never needlefelted before, but it has some nice products.

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Wow Sue Ann...I just took a peek...I am in shock...just the kits for the pincushion are $22 & there is no hand woven basket & ya still have to do all the felting....Ohhh wow...guess what I charge for mine is a pretty good deal for folks...

Hugs &

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Way to go, Charlotte!!!!  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

nimbleknot Cupcake Bears
Austin, Texas
Website

Thank you! I buy all my wool from a lady just up the road (like 15 minutes away) from me...

http://www.outbackfibers.com/

I have also taken a class from her on wet felting. She is from Australia and actually goes over there to buy her wools and has them shipped back here.

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Wow Jennifer...you are soooo lucky to have such a wonderful place so close to you!!! I have to order all my stuff...because there are no sources near me...lol 15 minutes away from where I live there is still nothing...the closest town is 40 miles away...and no places to buy wool or needles there.What a neat site..thanks for that link too!

Hugs &

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Charlottes baskets are soooooooooo cool !! I have a big one and a pincushion!! I love them both !!!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Thanks Sue Ann.  I am always on the look out for wool suppliers. bear_thumb

Grin and Grimace Pasadena, CA

Hi, my first post here. I'm new to the fiber arts and really enjoy felting. I'm currently working on my first mini-bear and will post pics once he is finished.

By the way Sue Ann, I'm a Holcomb also!

Stacey Holcomb
Pasadena, CA

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Stacey, welcome to Teddy Talk - it's really great to have another Holcomb on board!  Glad you found our forum and I look forward to seeing your first bear. 

My hubby is the "real" Holcomb and while working in the library when he was in college, found a book in the genealogy section called Holcombe:  Nation Builders.  He spent the rest of that day finding all sorts of info on his ancestors.  The 'e' on the end of the name was dropped somewhere along the way.  One of the waaaaaay back ancestors was engaged to marry President Polk, but they split before the wedding.  He found his dad in the book, so it was pretty up-to-date when he discovered it.  So, you guys have an interesting background.   bear_happy  bear_happy

Grin and Grimace Pasadena, CA

Thanks for the welcome Sue Ann!

I did research my ancestry for a while, even found a long lost uncle. Unfortunately, it is so time consuming, I have not been able to my research. It is fascinating though!

Stacey

Board footer