Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

enchantmentsart Feather Heart Creations
TX

Does anyone know of a good place to get tags made.  LIke hang tags & tush tags, with my logo.  Also where is a good place to put the tags so they don't take away from the stuffed animal?

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Nina, right above your avatar is our extensive library . . . full of information on a gazillion subjects.  Scroll down and you will find "Hang tags/tush tags/swing tags" as one of those subjects.  If you don't find an answer there, just let us know.

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

I just print my own out on cardstock.  I set up the file in MS Publisher and then I can type in the description on the computer, have it print my logo, my contact information, and anything else I want printed on the tags.  I do this with my tush tags and hang tags.  I can print them out one at a time or I can print out 1,000, if need be.  I have found that doing it this way is just as cost effective as having them mass produced and shelling out money to have them made.

SueAnn makes a great suggestion.  Look through the library, there are many threads out there that talk about this subject.

Good Luck

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I find that having tush tags pre-printed for me... ready to go when I need one... is much more time efficient. I design it once, email the file to the label maker and they send me 100's. I don't have to mess around with a computer, paper or printable fabric on a regular basis. I get a very professional label on gorgeous ribbon/material and the price is very reasonable!

My hang tags I print on my computer as Jared does with MS Publisher. HOWEVER... I've about had it with that whole process too! I've found a place locally to make them... they are just business cards (same size anyway) and I get time printed in mass and again have a nice professional look and feel in a lot less time than messing with the printer and computer every so often!

Shop around! If you need small quantities it might be cheaper to make them yourself... most places have a minimum!

Sue Ann... great advice! I'm amazed at some of the info I find in the Library that I forgot we'd ever talked about!

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Nina I had my hangtags professionally designed. I print them out and laminate them but am tired with that and I dont feel it is professional enough so will be having a local place do them for me.
I designed my tushtags and at the moment I print them out but it is expensive and not quite the finish I am after.
I too will be having them print professionally as well.
I learnt how to do all this here on TT. Follow Sueann's advice. There is a wealth of info in the Library.
Wendy bear_thumb

hmduffy Posts: 27

Daphne--do you have a place you regularly order yours from? I've been shopping for tags, and I like the idea of the printed ribbon, but I worry about the foil wearing off after a while.

Enchantments--I LOVE your dragon!! I can see where you wouldn't want to detract from that wonderful creature. bear_laugh

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA
hmduffy wrote:

Daphne--do you have a place you regularly order yours from? I've been shopping for tags, and I like the idea of the printed ribbon, but I worry about the foil wearing off after a while.

Name Maker: http://www.namemaker.com/productcart/pc … ategory=55

hmduffy Posts: 27

Thank you! bear_original

NiokaBears Nioka Bears

I make my own hang tags....mainly because I like to include a photo of the individual bear that the tag is for as I feel that is a nice touch so I print each tag specifically for each bear. I use Publisher 2000 and have a 'template' file which I edit to suit the bear. On the front of the tag I put the photo, Edition type and #, name and also my signature. On the back I list the materials the bear is made from etc. I print the two seperately, then simply sandwich them together and laminate the tag for durability. As for the tush tags....those I have specially made professionally. They are woven and not printed as I feel they will have a longer life. I want the tags to last a lifetime, like the bear!

Hope this helps!
HUGS,
Christine

Board footer