Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Pages:
DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_laugh No Jodi, your cute little clown doesn't scare me....but he's a BEAR!!!  bear_wub

Glad I'm not the only one with a clown phobia  bear_rolleyes And go figure, my grandpa was a clown in his youth  bear_wacko   Apparently I did not inherit those genes  :crackup:

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I'll post my dolls if you dont laugh.................I'm sure you know where I got the inspiration. Totally not my pattern or anything, but I made a new dress pattern for each doll and that was a real suprise that I could pull it off.
Their hair is real mohair too! They are 3" tall and not too original, but I'll start creating my own patterns. Just have to learn from somewhere.

Anyway......

littledolls1.jpg

minkbears Vintage Mink Bears by Kathy Myers
Lakewood CA
Website

I try to take classes whenever I can to learn new things and to my surprise the lampwork class that I took a few months ago has made me realize that I love the torch! I was delighted to see that Shelli is making beads and to read that Jane also is interested in lampwork beads. I'd like to take more lampwork bead classes this year.

tarnuf Hamilton New Zealand

Hi Everyone. My goal for 2007 is to make more teddy bears by getting more organized. To take more courses at the bear university. Enter competitions here and overseas.

Kind Regards
Tania

binkibears Binkibears
Almonte, Ontario

Hi everyone,
I have a whole shopping list of goals, starting with being more active on my groups. I have been lurking a lot.
I have a full time day job and did 7 bear shows last year so with reading my copious emails daily and bear making there was not too much time left over.  Did I mention I am also a webmaster and manage 8 websites? I want to set some new priorities. 

I have been in a bear making slump since Xmas. So I am tidying my house and spending some time on ME. But I am working on getting geared up for more bear making, I am just not quite there yet.  Some of the things on my todo list for bear making are:
make an open mouthed bear
learn air brushing
start selling on ebay
design a centre seam bear
create some new bear designs
try something different like a dog or cat
start dressing my bears ( I tend to do minimal dressing)
submit my bears more to my groups like this one
learn to dye mohair

On another front, I am interested in learning to create Chain Maille jewllery. It could be really neat for bear accessories as well.  I want to do scrap booking too  but some things will have to wait until I retire. Sigh!  I love my paycheque but my job really interferes with my other interests. At least I won't be bored once I do retire.  bear_wub

Aina

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub Hi everyone with the doll fever, i have tried to make two dolls from kits and have never finished either.  My goal is to be a great bear artist since I am currently getting started.  After about 20 years of crafting with wood and fabric, clothes pins bag ladies and dammitt dolls, fabric hearts, painting wood hearts and such, i want to make just bears.  I will retire from my day time job (yea!!) the first of 2008, so that is my goal year.  i am currently getting my house ready for sale and then hope to move to deleware in the usa and make bears.
good luck with the dolls.  Although I would like to learn to photograph bears better and a web site etc. etc. etc.  thats our life follow all those dreams.
hugs pat

bearlykidzbears Bearly Kidz Bears
Lodi, Ca.

I need to learn how to post pictures on here and to set up a web site. And then work on more new faces for my bears. And not be so chicken about showing my bears here.LOL :redface:
Denise

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

Well let's I am making progress...
I bought my airbrush, am using mum's old compressor, and I did get my dyes...
so far so good, I have been happy with the results I got from airbrushing the dye for panda patches, I just touch them up with a marker.
I even managed to get my files set up finally.  Now I can just drop the paperwork into the correct file.  Hopefully, I can keep this system in place from year to year and make adjustments as needed.

I also managed to get a better picture of me posted for the avatar roll-over.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Great new picture Jared and a wonderful bunny /hare!

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

TTdoll2.jpgMy_Doll.jpgI started off making miniature fimo dolls and even had some interest fromt he Thomas Boland Gallery in Chicago, but I made this 2 1/2 inch bear to go with my 5 1/2 inch doll and as they say "the rest is history!"  I've tried to get back into it, and even have an "almost finished" doll on my dest since Xmas, but my heart is into making bears.

Tami, both Rotraut Schrott and Hidlegard Gunzel have sculpting books on the market - I bought them both about 13 years ago, and that's where I learned to scultpt.  Both of them are good books, and they should still be available.  I also have Lisa Lichetenfels soft sculpting book and would love to give that a go sometime.

Paula, you are very artistic and if you were to get one of these two sculpting books, it would take all the fear and guesswork away for you.  It's broken down into step by step procedures and it doesn't seem such a daunting feat.  Go for it. 

I want to get back into my sketching and portrature - I miss it.  I also want to learn to use the kazillion things I have bought for altered art and digital scrapbooking. 

hugs,

Brenda

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio
thumperantiques wrote:

Tami, both Rotraut Schrott and Hidlegard Gunzel have sculpting books on the market - I bought them both about 13 years ago, and that's where I learned to scultpt.  Both of them are good books, and they should still be available.  I also have Lisa Lichetenfels soft sculpting book and would love to give that a go sometime.

Brenda, I have both books and they are great.  I'm actually going to take a sculpting workshop from Hildegard Gunzel herself in August.   :dance: I'm so excited about that I can barely type it! I guess that will be some progress toward my "Moving on in 2007" goal!

That little doll of yours is wonderful. She has the loveliest expression! bear_wub

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Tami,
      Lucky you - learning to sculpt with Hildegard Gunzel will sure enhance your ability.  Can't wait to see what you make - you'll have to post pictures!

hugs,

Brenda

Pages:

Board footer