Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

I have a funny system for picking names, nothing scientific but it's worked so far bear_original   I wouldn't at all be offended by or opposed to changing a name if a collector asked.  Recreating a hangtag is easy enough...couldn't guarantee recreating a name accessory if the materials were vintage or something...but a tag is easy to update!  If a bear speaks to you, but the name is not your favorite, why not just change it?   I did it with 2 of our shelter cats and they adjusted just fine....the bears would too  bear_laugh

:hug:
~Chrissi

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

I always name my bears as well - it just doesn't seem like the process is finished unless they have a name.  I am always checking list of names on the computer, but I love some of the whimsy names too.

hugs,

Brenda

DebbieD Posts: 3,540
FenBeary Folk wrote:

Debbie, so glad you like it but I am not sure I can come up with a coffee swilling trollopes outfit but believe me I am working on it????!!!! :crackup:

:crackup: Well I'm looking forward to seeing the completed 'trollop'   :crackup:

I went through a period where I encouraged my customers to name the bear but one lady said to me that she thought that was terrible...did I not name my own children? I remember thinking "Yes, I do, but I'm not in the habit of selling my children!"

I was sooo glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read that!   :crackup:   Oh man....   :crackup:

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

The relief when a commissioning customer offers their own choice of name is second to none!  Then I can 'save' my precious names for another time!!  bear_wacko

Mutz Mutz's Tootsz Bears & Buds
New Berlin, Wisconsin

I love this topic.   
Many times it takes me longer to name the bear or buddy than it does to make it.  I try to give all my guys "punny" names Therefore I have "Ben Throughthedesert" it was a horse with no name. Halloween... I have "Justin Toomd", "Rose Fromthedead" "Drew Blood" & "Kat Atonic".  My bunny "Hoppin' Don D. Bunnietrail" was just in TB&F!
Sometimes I take them to work with me & ask my co-workers to help...they have cvome up with a few good ones. It has kind of become a game & it is really fun! I keep a creative journal & collect names so simetimes the name will help me create the critter.
TTFN
AMy

Strike A Paw Posts: 535

I know it sounds silly but I do sometimes adopt bears just because they share the name of someone close to me.  A bear with a great name, just seems to give that little extra something and that personal feel before you adopt.

Hugs,

Julie

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK
Mutz wrote:

"Justin Toomd", "Rose Fromthedead" "Drew Blood" & "Kat Atonic".  My bunny "Hoppin' Don D. Bunnietrail"

Just love those names :dance:

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

I think that it is like naming a puppy, the bear becomes who he is supposed to be !! But some times I have a theme name instead if it shows a certain feeling.

Board footer