Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

NewelleyBears Newelley.Bears
Harrow, Ontario

Well Ladies & Gents...

After all of the good things many of you had to say a few weeks back regarding Apple computers, I took a GIGANTIC leap and went out today and bought myself a brand spankin' new Apple MacBook computer!  Needless to say, I am LOVING it SOOOO much!!!  It's such an easy to use, consumer friendly computer and I am happy that all of your praises about the brand really encouraged me to give it a go...

Thanks Everybody!!!

Jeremy

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

It can only be a GOOD choice, Jeremy!

I do have an now old i-Mac I just love to bits. Eventhough it is old, it is still good enough to run all programs I need to use.
I don't have problems with viruses or whatever.

Just a pleasure to work with, really!

Were you told to avoid Internet Explorer and Netscape? and Outlook Express? They are good to bring viruses...

Just enjoy!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Harrow, Ontario

Thanks for the heads up about Netscape & Internet Explorer Sophie...Right now I am only using Safari, so I should be okay.

Thanks
Jeremy

samanthapotter Mary Myrtle Miniatures
Cheltenham, UK
Website

Congrats on buying a fab computer!!  You won't regret it!!!

Just a tip - you may find problems with Safari when it comes to using websites where you need to load pictures.  I have no problem on TT with Safari, but Freewebs (my website company) won't work properly, and neither will my blog, so I use Firefox for this.  Firefox can be downloaded free from the Apple website.

Enjoy your MacBook!!!!

Little Bear Guy Little Bear Guy
Waterloo, Ontario

Oh Jeremy I am soooooo  jealous, I want a Mac Book so bad but it will have to wait  bear_grin  bear_grin .  I know you will love it everyone I know who owns a Mac just loves them to pieces.  Good choice and I know you will be very pleased.

big hugs

Shane

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

I'd love to have a mac but my son-in-law, the IT guy says if I buy one, I'm on my own because he only does pc's.   I do depend on him a bit to help me out with problems now and then.  But I'm thinking that maybe I wouldn't have the problems with a mac, huh?

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I'm with you, Patty . . . my son-in-law is a pc expert.  Jeremy, big congrats on your new purchase - enjoy!!

Harrow, Ontario

Shane, Patty & Sue Ann...

I'm Loving this thing...soooo easy to use...It only took me about 5 minutes to set the computer up.  I hear from numerous people that they have had their Mac's for YEARS and have NEVER had a single problem with them so you should be pretty safe in regards to them breaking down and having to be repaired.  I think I have even converted some of my friends...They all want this computer now!!!

Jeremy

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Congratulations Jeremy! Good choice! I am biding my time to buy a new Mac Book until the new OS (Leopard) is out. Indeed, a Mac is so easy to use, you hardly need the assistance of a tech guy. If you do get stuck on something just come here and we'll help you.
You may indeed need more than one browser for different websites. I use Netscape (no its not a virus hazard like Explorer and Outlook Express), Firefox and Safari. I also have Camino, which is a nice browser. All free of course.
You do know that you can install Windows on your Mac as well and run it parallel with your Mac OS? Not that you'd need it, but there is the odd program that doesn't come in a Mac version. There are several options to do that if you need it, although it feels almost like a violation to that brilliant mashine. bear_rolleyes

Board footer