Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

group-out-back-018-400pix-cropped.jpgJust wondering what every one is doing this summer. Share !!! I think most of you know what I am doing..... keeping my head above watter during a divorce. bear_cry  But I know you all have happier stories so come on SHARE !! I need to hear about some happy times !!!! I need some smiles today !!!

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Jodi don't forget to enjoy the little things.... that may help you keep your head above the water.

Today I watched a hummingbird go from flower to flower in the front yard and it really made me feel good!

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Laura Lynn, your right !! Thank you for reminding me !! I will force my self to look at things a differen't way today. My avatar is truely correct .... read it !!!

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

bear_original  :hug:

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

I'm looking forward to taking a holiday very soon!  A sea breeze, cliffs to walk ... it will be heaven for this bear maker!  bear_original

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Jodi,

I'm having a wonderful summer! Thank you for asking. I am gearing up for two shows--always exciting, I just got a job for teaching art in the fall, and I will be taking a doll sculpting workshop with none other than Hildegard Gunzel next month!!!!

But the best part so far was a lovely beach vacation with my family. You are so right Paula--it's like heaven!

It was so relaxing to rise early and take walks by myself on the beach, to watch the kids play so happily all day in the sand and sun. I love the ocean. Since I live in Ohio and don't travel too much I don't see it often. But I literally got teary eyed after our long drive when the ocean first came into view. I know this sounds cheesy but I felt like I was seeing a long lost friend! My youngest said something while we were there that sticks in my head when ever I think of the vacation--"I need at least one serving of beach per day!" Wouldn't that do us all some good?!

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

I believe in enjoying the little things in life too. Though I plan on visiting my parents in Florida next month, I really enjoy my free time like reading a good book. I planted flowers and having a ball looking at them everyday.....Nothing fancy, enjoying the little things in life.

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_wub Jodi
Try to remember that someone else always has it worse than you.  I hope things get better in your life.
Me, i am preparing to retire and now painting the inside of my house to be able to sell it since my husband is a heavy smoker.  How can I sell the bears I make with all that smoking?  I told him no more when we move to the new place.  So I had no vacation this year.  But gotta sell that house. 
My motto is Life is what you make out of it, good or bad.  My husband was a drinker all our married life so no fun there. But I do my thing and he does his now. He is the lonely one because he never got involved with the kids or anything else.
So I suggest that you live your life the way you want to. Take the time to smell the roses.Now that I have rambled on. 
Get outside and go for a walk and look at everyones garden and watch the birds, thats something else that I do.
Take care

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I've been enjoying a nice summer as well.  I had a houseFULL of company...7 in all, 5 of which were kids and we made birdhouses...you can see the process & results on my blog if you wish. It was fun!!  I've been enjoying my 5 not so little kittens.  The other night we saw...OH MY...a momma SKUNK and her SIX babies wandering into our front yard.  I wasn't quick enough with the camera.  UGH!!!  We also have a doe with two teeny weeny little twin fawns meander the pastures...they are so cute.

That's about it...just enjoying mother nature and all the surprises she has to bring every day!!!

Hugs to you, Jodi...one day at at time!!!

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Hi Jodi,
spending time and money on our home this summer not doing any travel, we have been here 3 yrs this sept. and was ready for some improvements on the outside. All of these projects have taken close to 2 months for all of the contractors to complete so we are very excited it is over! LOL
We had pavers put on the front porch, walkway & drive trim.....

pic1.jpg

had the entire outside painted with a dark trim and taupe siding...(the entire house looked like a white on white so this is a big change!

pic2.jpg

My favorite, we had a pergola built on the back deck, we are on a golf course and we needed the protection and shade! LOL

pic6.jpg

samanthapotter Mary Myrtle Miniatures
Cheltenham, UK
Website

Tami - your house is beautiful!! bear_wub

I have an exciting summer in front of me.  I will be going over to Canada and the USA for the first time.  It will be my first time on a plane, so I am really nervous!! bear_cry
I will be visiting the Expo and the GT Awards ceremony, participating in the TBAI and doing three weeks worth of sightseeing!! bear_happy
This is the first time I have ever had a holiday like this, so it is pretty exciting but also rather nerve-wracking as it is a completely new experience!! bear_happy  bear_cry

Jodi - I hope your summer turns out better than you expect it to be.  Good luck with everything - sending you lots of hugs. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

Okay, this morning I juiced my second batch of berries for jelly before work. ( which made me late and I arrived with one purple hand and had to bleach it when I got here)  :crackup:

Just a few more batches to pick. yeah.

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Samantha, Sounds like fun!! Have you been to the US before?
Tami, your house is wonderful. I love the stone on the front!

Strike A Paw Posts: 535

Hey Jodi, keep your head up.  It will all turn out in the end.

Today I saved a little bird with my 2 daughters.  This little bird got himself inside of our outdoor lights.  Don't ask me why he would fly in there!  Anyways, we had to hunt around for a drill to take the top off the light to let the little bird out.  He was so cute and so frightened so I sure he's thrilled to be free again!!

Summer has been hot in Calgary and I have no air conditioning, but I'm enjoying my time with my daughters.

Hugs,

Julie

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

wow, I want a super nice house like that..................... bear_cry  bear_cry

I'm really enjoying being pregnant and REALLY enjoying planning the bear show

BUT...........I don't enjoy seeing my feet be soo big

I knew I would swell being pregnant but I didn't think my feet would triple in size and it's not fun to walk on. I'm just lucky our house is protected by trees so it doesn't get to hot!

But I still love summer. Better than freezing all the time.

BFB-Lyn Brimbin Forest Bears
NSW, Australia
Website

bear_grin Nope, not enjoying Summer because it is Winter here though some days are just like a Summer you would get in most other countries. Sorry! Just had to get that one in  :crackup:

Hugs Lyn  bear_flower

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Sounds like you are all finding some fun things to do !! And WOW that house is beautiful . I enjoyed hearing about all the animals, your all the best !!! I spent the day with a friend we ran around all day , ate to much and just enjoyed the nice weather. bear_grin

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I have enjoyed playing in my gardens... until the bugs got so bad I prayed for rain every day so I wouldn't have to go out to even water!

And watching a red squirrel eat all our birdseed so she can feed her little ones..... I haven't seen them yet but I know where their home is and I just keep watching and waiting! (I'm glad they aren't skunks!)

We have a new bird in the neighborhood with the most beautiful song... haven't seen it yet so I don't know what it is... waiting on that too!

Last night I had dinner with my best friend from childhood..... boy did we have fun catching up! Puts things into perspective to hear about other people's problems....

Oh, and my dogs.. they turned 2 and 3 a few weeks ago and I have to say that FINALLY they are becoming a little more mellow..... you'd think they were the most wild animals if you saw them but that's an improvement over the way they were!!!

I guess mostly though I'm looking ahead.... to hubby finding a job.... my show in August when I'll get to see so many bear friends... then there's all the shows I'll be traveling to this fall... I'm excited as this is the first year I've really TRAVELED (read: via airplane!) to shows. Last year I went to Schaumburg for the first time. Until then the only shows I did were within 2 hours from my house! It's nice to be so involved with the bear world!

:hug:

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Well my whole year so far has been stressful. But when I look out into my garden and see my two beautiful Cavalier dogs and all the birds at the bird feeders then I feel better. I just wish some summer weather would arrive. My four day visit to Monkey World was fantastic so I planning another visit later this summer.
Tami your house is beautiful.

Hugs Jane.  bear_flower

kerrenmorris K M Bears
UK
Website

What summer? It has been pouring with rain for weeks now...

after all that rain the garden is looking like a jungle, the roses are all soggy.
i am looking forward to going on holiday, the lake district and Wales.
we have just had our 20th wedding anniversary, I think there is a surprise party planned for tomorrow!  :cake:
hugs Kerren

teeeej Brisbane

No summer for me bear_sad . Its been unusually cold here this winter. Its too cold for me to sew, I just cannot bring myself to take my fingers out from under my blanket. I cannot wait till spring!

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

I for get that some people have winter now !! That is strange to me.... have never thought about it. I guess you can tell I don't get far from home much . bear_grin

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

I have enjoyed the summer up until last Thurs when our air conditioner broke!!  The temps have been anywhere from 25C - 39C all week and this weekend 38C.  They are supposed to be coming today to have a look at it!

Jane

bubbles Bearz by Ilze
Canberra

No summer on my side either   bear_ermm    On Thursday morning around 9am it was still minus 7 C  bear_shocked  and today it was still 1.9 C around 12 pm.   So I'm trying to convince hubby that I need to go to Darwin for the weekend where it is nice and warm (I need to defrost), but no such luck  bear_sad

clare14 Country Bears
England

Absolutely NO sign of any summer here either, it's abismal.   It's pouring with rain 'again' and it's freezing, I've been wearing my big winter fleece today!!   My brother in Law is getting married tomorrow too, what a wash out...... bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad

Everything they say about the English weather is true, but at the moment it's even worse than they say!!!   bear_shocked  bear_shocked

Board footer