Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Hi All,
Seems i have'nt been here for ages so a Helloooo to you all. bear_flower
I saw this pic and thought of you all here at TT (knowing your love of all things cookie and cat)
Have a great weekend Everyone - we are expecting up to 2 months of rain over the next 24 hours here in the UK so if you see a fat middle aged bear maker floating past your bedroom window in a rubber dinghy clutching a photo of George Clooney to her ample bosom, it will be me.
bear_tongue 

Penny

mt998786082.jpg

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

Penny, that is priceless, you can almost see the bottom lip tremble
Will watch for you in that dingy :crackup:  :crackup:

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Awww, so sweet!    I know what you mean, it is a familiar sight in England now,  people floating about in dinghys.  I have been thinking about giving up bear making for a while now to concentrate on building an Ark!!  Is everyone coming on it?

Warm wishes
Pauline

valewoodbears wrote:

Awww, so sweet!    I know what you mean, it is a familiar sight in England now,  people floating about in dinghys.  I have been thinking about giving up bear making for a while now to concentrate on building an Ark!!  Is everyone coming on it?

Warm wishes
Pauline

Count me in for a place on that Ark Pauline - i would like to reserve the presidential suite with sea view please and can you make sure that the mini-fridge is well stocked with booze and chocolate.
Penny
bear_thumb  bear_whistle

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Penny I have made a note of that, you are first for the presidential and I will try my best to order George Clooney to share your room with you  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Pauline

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

So where's my cookie Penny!??!!!  NICE to see you again.  I've missed you.  At least our ads are always next to each other in the magazines. :love:

PS Luna is still my special angle and sends you a hug. :hug:  :hug: She watches my every move in the kitchen bear_thumb  bear_flower

Judi wrote:

So where's my cookie Penny!??!!!  NICE to see you again.  I've missed you.  At least our ads are always next to each other in the magazines. bear_wub

PS Luna is still my special angle and sends you a hug. :hug:  :hug: She watches my every move in the kitchen bear_thumb  :rose:

Hi Judy bear_wub
I ate your cookie, it was an especially tasty one with extra chocolate chips bear_tongue
Is Luna being good? I am so pleased she came to live with you Judi - she always wanted to live on a farm.

Update on the ridiculous UK weather:

IT'S RAINING CATS & DOGS & HORSES & COWS & LIONS & TIGERS & BEARS  OH MY! bear_shocked

It is so dark here, it could be evening rather than midday. I'm off to blow up that dinghy.
PenPen
bear_wacko

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

Pauline can you pick me up on your way to Penny and can I have Johnny Depp in my cabin PLEEEEEEEEEASE  :pray:

Its dry here at the moment, but its only a matter of time - can't remember what Summer should be like!!! Kids finish school today - better get their swimming costumes out!

Hugs Ali x

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Nice to see you, Penny! The way the little cat is standing in the photo reminds me of the cats you make? Have you done any lately?

Stay safe, Friends across the pond!

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

funnymaxsm.jpgWhat?  You eated my cookie?  Ha!

It's fabulous to read a post from you again, Pen!!  I hope you'll stay around for a bit.   bear_flower

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Aleta - The Silly Bear wrote:

What?  You eated my cookie?  Ha!

It's fabulous to read a post from you again, Pen!!  I hope you'll stay around for a bit.   bear_flower

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Yep, i eated your cookie too Aleta, which is why i am a fat cow of a bear maker bear_innocent
I am trying to get here more often but time slips away like a bar of soap through wet fingers - another week gone AWOL already!
Dreadful flooding here - my son and his family were coming to visit this weekend but they are staying at home baling out the house now - he's in Cheltenham........anyone here from that area who could let me know how bad it is?
PenPen
bear_whistle

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hiya, Penny . . . long time, no hear from!  It's great to have you posting!  Please stay safe over there with all the rain.  We just came through three months of drenching rain here in North Texas, so I can empathize with you.  Love the sad little one that eated my cookie.

samanthapotter Mary Myrtle Miniatures
Cheltenham, UK
Website

I live in Cheltenham and I am currently living on an island!!  I have had to wade knee-deep to get to my house.  Luckily we are still high enough to not yet be flooded.  Houses next to us are flooded.  It is so upsetting to see people trying to rescue their belongings.  We've moved lots of things upstairs just in case.  We are anxiously watching the water to see if it is going to rise.

Here are a few pics:

This is our back garden:
100_0126.jpg

This is the only entrance to our little housing estate:
100_0130.jpg

This is across the back gardens of our neighbours.
100_0133.jpg

My Dad actually got trapped at work.  The whole of the village was cut off.  Luckily someone had a van and was able to drive him through the water.

Happy Summer Time!!!! bear_sad

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Hi Penny,
glad to hear from you!  You always make me laugh.  I want a cookie!  I want the one meant for Judi with extra chocolate chips.   bear_grin

Try to stay dry.   :hug:

Samantha,
how awful!  I hope the water doesn't get any higher.  Please take care.  :hug:

Hiya again,
I EATED EVERYBODY'S COOKIES - especially the ones with extra chocolate chips bear_whistle

Thanks for posting the pics Sam, it does look bad. My sons mother-in-law's house got flooded too (she's in Prestbury) and guess what? her insurance ran out 2 weeks ago and she never got around to renewing it......how's that for a total bummer.
Glad that you have'nt been flooded out, i heard on the news that there is still more rain on the way up there and the rivers are still rising with the water that is coming down from Wales so get the sandbags ready.
My little grandson talked to me on the phone and said "I got wet Gramma. Daddy got wet. Mummy did'nt get wet cos she stayed in the car but the car did'nt like it"

Bloody British Weather....is this the effects of global warming i wonder?

Chrissi, Sue Ann and Tami - it's nice to hear from you my dears, whatcha been up to while i've been away?
Missed you too.

Penny
bear_tongue

sarahjane Brisbane

It's about time you made some more cookies then Penny!!!!!  bear_grin  bear_grin

Wow look at that water...we haven't had rain in such a long time, send some of it over here and fill up our dams before we run out of water!!!

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Been watching Sky news again and UK looks like another rain /flooding week-end, hope that everyone can cope
Global warming - it does make one re think the whole issue.

All I can do is send over some water wings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynette

It's about time you made some more cookies then Penny!!!!!     

Wow look at that water...we haven't had rain in such a long time, send some of it over here and fill up our dams before we run out of water!!!

I'll ship you out a few buckets of the stuff Sarah-Jane  :dance:

All I can do is send over some water wings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Make mine bigguns Lynette - although i do have quite an ample set of inflatables already built in :crackup:

FREAKY DOLL PIC - only slightly less scary than the flooding we are having
doaisobelsig1.jpg

Penny bear_tongue

samanthapotter Mary Myrtle Miniatures
Cheltenham, UK
Website

We woke up this morning to find that the water has gone down a lot.  It started going down late last night.  We had been desperately waiting for last night to be able to go and collect the new Harry Potter book at midnight, so once we knew our house was no longer in danger, we waded out to get to the shops!!  We must be mad!!!! bear_whistle

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Hi PenPen,

We've been busy with the store, which is a year old this month.  We've also been busy working on and decorating our house, which we bought 7 months ago.  And of course, eating chocolate and thinking about teddy bears.  bear_original

Samantha,

glad to hear the water's going down.

Board footer