Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

I would like to know does anyone know if you can get two 18" bears out of 1/2 yard  . Thinking of buying some mohair from intercal and they sell in yards and i have only worked in meter i know you can get two 18" bears out of 1/2 meter fran

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

me again question two dont know if you can help me on this one.looking for guipure lace web site have you got any in mine you can help me with? know about joggles .fran

Densteds Densteds
Website

Hi Fran,
you won't get two 18in bears out of a 1/2 yard...maximum I've gotten out of a fat 1/4 metre was a 17in....and that was really a tight squeeze, also depends on thickness of body parts. You'll lose 3ins off the metre (39in)sized pieces when buying a yard (36in) Might have to cut those bears legs off...yikes..I mean shorten them ha!!!

Denise.
ps sorry Fran, can't help you with the lace question...did you try a google search??

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

thanks any way Denise fran

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Hi Fran

Why don't you lay out your 1 metre fabric and see if your 18 inch pattern will fit twice into the first 90cm of the fabric (as that is how much a yard is)

now - sorry about the long link below but here are the listings for guipure lace on ebay australia also try typing in guipuire as spelling varies

http://crafts.search.ebay.com.au/guipur … usZunknown

you may also find something here - but check if they ship to oz
http://www.laceandtrim.com/

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

melissa thank you so very much for the web sites it is very hard to find lace sites and i will do that with the fabric.fran

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

I believe I got 3 and a half  20" thin bears out of 1 yard ...

Fran, I tried to get your web site up but the link must be broken from here....are you sure you typed in the address right ?...Winney

clare14 Country Bears
England

Fran, I've tried too, we're all so nosey here:redface:   There's no site there:(

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Clear and Winney I dont know why my site wont came up when you press website but it will if you press www.jazzyrags.com in my post can any one help thank for the interest fran

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Can you let me know if you got in fran.

Board footer