Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

I love to work at a bear "uninterupted".  Mondays and Tuesdays, hubby works late and doesn't get home until 11:00 p.m. and those are the two days I accomplish most of my work.  I was doing quite nicely yesterday, and when my bear was fully stuffed, I looked for the ears to put on. Well..............after an hour and a half of searching for them, I realized I had stuffed the bear head with the ears INSIDE!   bear_wacko I always store them there, so I won't lose them because they are so small.  Duuuuuuuuh!!!  Thank goodness, I had a bit of dyed fabric left to make a new pair.  At least this wee bear will have GREAT hearing with four ears  :crackup:  Anyone else make brilliant moves like this?

hugs,

Brenda

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

:crackup:  :crackup: That is TOO funny Brenda! but what a great idea. I always stick the ears in a small container and then can't find the container that they are in  bear_sad  so from now on, I am going to stick them in the head......and hopefully remember to take them out before stuffing! :crackup:  :crackup:

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Brenda I put the ears in the head too...I was just thinking about that the other day.....so funny!! :crackup:

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

That sounds exactly like something I'd do!!! Too funny - good thing that you had that extra material!!! :crackup:

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Oh Brenda.... that's not stupid at all!  Honestly!  This morning my husband called just as I was trying to gather up all my stuff to leave the house with the kids.  So, I'm half listening to him, and franticly searching for my keys, my sunglasses, my purse... all the "leaving the house necessities." I'm running a little late, and I strat freaking out because after a good 5 minute search, my cell phone is NOWHERE to be found!   bear_sad  bear_shocked   Then my husband says, "Kim, honey, you are ON your cell phone right now speaking to ME!"  Now THAT'S stupid!  My 14 year old hit the floor, he was laughing so hard.

Kim Basta

Kim, you've made my day! :crackup:  :crackup:   It's nice to know I'm not the only one to do silly things like this.  We can only look back and laugh, or we'd go crazy  bear_grin   At least you found your cell phone!

hugs,

Brenda

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

How about me..totally freaking out looking for my glasses when my husband said..'er, Jen..they're on your head!!!' ................oooops bear_ermm

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Yeah... so long as nothing's been damaged, no one's hurt, and no money has been lost... you just HAVE to laugh about this kind of stuff.  I always feel so much better about life in general after a good chuckle!  bear_wub

Kim Basta

Jenny, that's cute - I have to take my glasses off to see the computer and read now, and the problem is if I misplace them, I can't see well enough to find them! :crackup: I actually saved my old glasses, so I have a pair to wear while I hunt my good ones down :crackup:

This is really funny - maybe we should start a post "What's the Silliest Thing You've Done Recently"!

hugs,

Brenda

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Me too Jenny! Since I only wear glasses for reading I park them on top of my head when I'm not using them. Then I'm either hunting for them til someone tells me they're on my head or I find another pair and have one pair on my face and one on head - which I discover when I go to put the second pair up there!  bear_grin I've now gotten into the habit of patting the top of my head every so often just to check if there is a pair of glasses sitting up there!  bear_grin

I keep all my miniature bear parts in a little zip lock bag and then they are all together and findable when I need them!

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Brenda the silliest thing I have ever done is make up a critter and find there is still a wooden disk in the ziplock bag.
Then I have to unstitch the back to replace a limb.DUH!!

Kim, honey, you are ON your cell phone right now speaking to ME!"  Now THAT'S stupid!  My 14 year old hit the floor, he was laughing so hard.

I did have a friend running around my house helping me to look for my mobile. It was on recharge :doh:
Wendy bear_grin

sarahjane Brisbane

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

All these are so funny.......I have lost so many bear piece I only cut them out now just before I am ready to sew them!!  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

ha ha ha, Kim your cell phone story is too funny!

I once was holding a WHOLE BOTTLE OF KETCHUP while searching the house for the ketchup bottle?? Go figure! Guess i didn't notice what my other hand was doing?? LOL

kallie214 Friends "Fur" Life Bears
Gig Harbor, WA.
Website

Oh Brenda, thats hysterical! I actually use a straight pin and attach them to the head so I cant lose 'em. If I forget to do this, somehow I always manage to misplace one. I rarely lose the set, its alway one darn ear!

Thanks for sharing your funny story! I needed a good laugh

Bear Hugs,

Kim

heartsez Hearts Ease Bears
Fairfax,Vermont

i have been teasing my husband for years about his glasses..he used to run to the store w/o them and reaized he could see the road but not the dashboard,,and progressed to really needing them to see. so that he sometime showered with them ON..yesterday i took MY first shower while wearing MINE! guess whos  laughing now?  deb

chris009av Real Deal Bears

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:
Oh you have made my morning by starting off with a good laugh,
not because of how silly you all are, but that I can relate soooo well to the misplacement of things, especially the glasses that sit on your head.
I have been known to have a pair on my head while wearing a pair because I couldn't find the one's on my head.
Do you think that sometimes our skill at multi-tasking catches up on us sometimes??

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Oh yes, sunglasses on the head.  I've done that so many times.  Looking for my car keys when they are in my hand, that's another one.  And . . . I've gotten into the shower with my glasses on too.  At least I could tell which bottle was shampoo and which was conditioner.  I've conditioned my hair before shampooing a couple times.

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup: What a great topic - you all are so silly.. I would never do  things like that!!!!!!!   bear_ermm  bear_tongue  bear_grin  bear_rolleyes  bear_rolleyes  bear_rolleyes
Danni

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:   :crackup:  :crackup:

Fairfax,Vermont

hey we have chosen conditioner by the shape of the bottle ( ie different than the shampoo) because terry has also "conditioned" his hair! we were at work and we kept looking at his hair//normally a beautiful slver color..it looked all flat and blah..i finally said whayt did you do to your hair?! and the rest of the table said  "yeah" whats up with your hair today? ..so now no more mix ups!  bear_rolleyes  bear_grin deb

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

:crackup: 

TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO funny !!!

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

That is very funny. My cats seems to love bear ears. No matter how careful I am at hiding them or storing them, they always seem to find them and have a good play with them. I often come home form work to see all kinds of bear parts scattered around the house! That is the Siamese breed for you....

Summer5 Pawssibles
Loon Lake, Saskatchewan

How about this one, looking for your reading glasses, and having a fit wondering where you left them....and all the time you were wearing them...that has happened more than once to me.

Fairfax,Vermont

we used to work in front of plate glass shields at the old GE years ago..and i would see people try and put a cigarette in their mouths thru them! my cat runs off with the ears too if i dont nail them down somewhere! and she doesnt give them bacK! deb bear_grin  bear_grin

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Brenda that is so funny, good job you had the extra fabric to make others, I have lost so many ears it isn't funny and you can bet once I have another one cut out and stitch on I find the lost one. I am sure I have little gremlins in my work room that move my things around just so as I can't find them.

Board footer