Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Thankyou Chrissi for bringing this to our attention. bear_thumb
and
WOW Lisa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how absolutely fantastic. When you mentioned gourd to me I had no idea(though I didnt doubt) that it was to be turned into something so wonderfully fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
An the stepbystep photos are brilliant.
You may have got the impression that I am really impressed. Well ,I AM!!!
Wendy :dance:  :dance:

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

Thanks everyone.

I keep checking their website to see if there are any new challenges.  The next one is a Barbie Challenge and the artwork is due by mid-September.  I was going to enter that one too and even went out and purchased my dolls to alter.  But, I played with Barbie so much as a kid that it's harder to alter her than I thought!  We'll see!

Thanks again for all the kind words!

Biggest Hugs!

RaggyRat The RaggyRat Company
Weymouth
Website

wow super !
i enjoyed reading it forst,
then seeing all your wip pics
that should be on your blog, its stunning ....
great work

cat xxxx twin mummies rock !

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Congratulations !! Way to go !!! You always amaze me at all the different items you make !!!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Awesome Lisa.  Wonderful to see your creative process.
When I went to the NIADA ,National Institute for the American Doll Artist, conference last sumer (I'm not into making dolls but went to meet up with a friend) they had a doll art gourd challenge.   YOUR gourd is nicer than anything I saw there.   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA
Judi wrote:

Awesome Lisa.  Wonderful to see your creative process.
When I went to the NIADA ,National Institute for the American Doll Artist, conference last sumer (I'm not into making dolls but went to meet up with a friend) they had a doll art gourd challenge.   YOUR gourd is nicer than anything I saw there.   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Wow, I'm almost speechless Judi!  I think that's probably the nicest compliment I've ever had!  Big hugs and you made my day!!!

Nancy D Dog Patch Critters
Titusville, FL
Website

Lisa is always posting the challenges she finds. Maybe we should all take part when possible. It's a good way to get your name out there and drum up interest. It also makes you push your creativity and maybe try new things.  WAY TO GO LISA! :clap:

tinybear-dk TinyBear
Denmark

Congratulations Lisa
She´s great.
:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

OH WOW, CONGRATULATIONS LISA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  SO HAPPY FOR YOU GIRL :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

clare14 Country Bears
England

Oh Lisa, so many congratulations, so well deserved, I'm so proud of you!!!   bear_wub

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

Thanks so much.  My mom and dad were over today and they were really wowed by the fact that I was in print!  They asked me what I did when I opened the back page and saw my doll there.  I said that of course I was excited but a little shy about it because it's one of my first dolls.  Anyway, they couldn't believe that I started with a paper mache gourd.

I appreciate all the congratulations, etc., especially since my husband said this was the ugliest thing I ever made and asked me not to pay for her trip home!

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

congrats, Lisa!  :clap:  :dance:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Husbands know NOTHING about dolls and bears, Lisa.  Haven't you learned that yet?   bear_tongue

Your flamboyant character is gourd-geous (sorry, couldn't help myself).  Huge, heartfelt congratulations to you! 

I saw this thread yesterday as I was heading out the door, and rushed to our local Barnes & Noble to check your Stella out on those amazingly thick, glossy pages for myself.  It's a beautiful, huge photo and how wonderful that you, of all the gourd artists featured in the issue, got your own special backpage writeup.  Wow, wow, wow!

Really, I'm just thrilled for you.  Be proud, girly; you deserve it!!!

And to think, I knew her when... bear_original

Board footer