Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Densteds Densteds
Website

Hi Everyone,
just clicked on ebay category "artist one of a kind" and it's not there anymore...all the bear categories have been changed and it's a mess, will someone go have a look and see if I'm right or have I just gone nuts.....

sarahjane Brisbane

I'm not sure Denise...I found it. Are you talking about Ebay US??

Densteds Densteds
Website

Hi Sarah,
Yes! US ebay...when I clicked on my usual link to artist bears/one of a kind this is what I get...
http://shop.ebay.com/__Bears_W0QQ_fxdZ1
and if you look down the left hand side there's all sorts of new categories...or click on "buy" up the top of the ebay page and try and find dolls/bears now, I must be going crazy but the only place I found bears was in toys & hobbies...there doesn't seem to be a dolls/bears category it redirects you to toys & hobbies....

Update

..they are trialing a new way of searching and might I say it stinks..anyway if you scroll down to the bottom of this page http://shop.ebay.com/__Bears_W0QQ_fxdZ1 you can opt out of it....

I have also sent an email to ebay telling them what I thought of it and after reading the discussion boards everyone feels the same way...if it ain't broke...don't try and fix it bear_rolleyes

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Denise, I just sent them a less than flattering message.  Everyone that sells bears on Ebay should get their two cents worth in before they change it permanently and scare away more customers.

hugs,

Brenda

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Where did you send the message to?
That was really revolting.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I've always clicked on "BUY" at the top right. Then when that screen comes up scrolled to the bottom left where it says "Dolls & Bears" then click on Artist or Other under the Bears category. Been this way for a while now. Perhaps it just depends on how you search or I'm really missing something. I go on eBay about once a week and don't sell too often any more so I could just be more flexible with changes or not even notice them at all!
bear_wacko

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Bronwen,
     I sent my message to Ebay.com by clicking the Help button in the menu bar and then clicking "contact us".  You have to pick a reason for emailing from their menu about three subsequent times, and finally a window pops up to sent a message.  I just kept clicking on ones that had anything with "search" in the reason.

hugs,

Densteds Densteds
Website

Hi Brenda,

Yes! I agree..what are they trying to do..drive more bidders away! Bear Collectors & Sellers just want to go straight to artist one of a kind...not do the longwinded journey through toys & hobbies...then try and find their way through another maze......I don't know what halfwit came up with this bright idea but I think he should be out of a job!! please note I said "HE"  only a man could make DIFFICULT!! what should be a very easy task..  :crackup:     :crackup:    :crackup: 

If you go to the discussion boards a few people have a post where you can vote..thumbs up or down to the new search..I'll try and find the link and post it here, the more complaints about it the better..... bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry

here's the link to the search forum...please cast your vote to get rid of this new search!
http://forums.ebay.com/db1/forum.jspa?forumID=80

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Thanks for that will do both.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

I don't about anyone else but I like it when they leave well enough alone.  It seems that I get comfortable with navigating a website like ebay...then they go and change it!!!ugh bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko   I supose they like to keep us on our toes bear_wacko

Board footer