Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Annnik JustMerde
Bells & Sherman, Texas
Website

We've had MORE rain here in North Texas this week, and don't have a sunny day scheduled until Saturday.

However, there's been hours where the sun is out and so are the critters!!!

Here's what decided to come out and play with the dogs this afternoon...

lillyandturtle.jpg

He looked like he'd been in the mud for about 200 years!  He even had moss/algea/hair growing on his prehistoric looking tail.

Oh... and he liked to snap!!  Almost got my nose once.  This picture was taken right before Lilly put her paw on his back and he flipped over so fast trying to snap her.  He landed on his back and flipped up-right in seconds.  Very fast feller!!

Stellajella Wien

Ann, now this is something else!
Turtles are not common living here in Austria, and when I houssitted in Atlanta I found a big one in the garden, thinking it had escaped.
I carried it around the neighbourhood, asking, if it belonged to anybody, but everybody just shook their head and was very astonished.
My friend later told me, that they run free there, and the neighbours had thought I was a nutter  :crackup: ... I had no idea!
Turtles here only live in terraries ...

Gaby bear_flower

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh yes . . . we have lots of box turtles around, but then we always have them (I feed them, so I'm sure they're not going to pass up a free restaurant).  Snapping turtles, though, I haven't seen.  He/she looks big compared to my box turtles.  We have millions of frogs as a result of all the rain.  I don't mind . . . they eat mosquitos, which are out in huge numbers and carry west nile virus.  Ick!

Nancy D Dog Patch Critters
Titusville, FL
Website

My brother's family has a pair of box turtles that live in an enclosed garden. The male comes when called and will follow you around until fed.

Board footer