Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Does any one know any thing about pre pay cell phones ? Hubby is shutting off my service today and I need to pick up the cheapest deal possible. I live in Ohio if that makes any difference. I know the phones I can get cheep ....but the minutes is another thing but still cheeper that a cell phone company. Thought I would just ask you wise people !!!! Maybe I can get teddy bear minutes for some fur ?????? bear_grin

Kat Brierley Bears
Barnsley, South Yorkshire
Website

I don't know how the pre-pay phones work, as I've never had one.

Have you thought about having a 'pay as you go' phone? I don't know if you have them over there, but there is no line rental, so you only pay for the calls that you make (with top up vouchers).

If you need to use your phone a lot, this might not be the best option though.

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

Jodi, I was just looking into cell phone plans the other day.  This "pay as you go" plan seems to be the cheapest through Cingular Wireless... who was just bought out by AT&T so they are now both "AT&T Wireless".  I have not personally used this plan, so don't know if there are any hidden fees, but it looks awfully reasonable on their web site.

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone- … ltoaction&

Good luck!
Kelly

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Jodi,
     I'm not sure if the U.S. Pay as you go is the same, but hubby has one and it's the best way to go.  He can buy $15.00 cards or $25.00 cards.  The minutes get used up as he makes calls - less minutes for local calls, and more mintues for long distance.  The only catch is the cards can only be used in a 30 day period, so it works out to $15.00/month for us, which is fine as he only uses it to call home when he's on his way from work etc. 

hugs,

Brenda

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Jodi, since we live in an area that doesn't get cell reception, we use Tracfone.  I've had mine for about three years and it works out quite well. 

You can get them at Walmart or Target for $50 or less, then you buy the minutes.   You can do that online or at the store.   Very easy to do.  You don't lose minutes with Tracfone.  You do lose minutes with other pre-pay phones.

Annnik JustMerde
Bells & Sherman, Texas
Website

I use Cingular's (Now AT&T's) Pay as You Go... I pay $15 to $100 per card, depending how much I can spend.   bear_original   It then costs me $1 (from the prepaid-ed-ness...) per day that I use it.  And then 10 cents per minute that I use it.  But, I can call anyone on the AT&T network for free.  (Still the $1 per day, though).

So.... My mother, my father, my oldest daughter, and my boyfriend all decided to get the same plan!  Which means, since these are the only people I call on my cell, and I don't use it very much... I spend around $15 a month on my cell phone.

The $15 card is only good for a month, but if you buy more minutes, your unused ones DO roll-over to the next month.  A $25 card is good for 90 days, $50 card is 90 days, too.  But $75 is for 6 months... $100 is more... Something like that... You'll have to check the website for the exact days each card is for.

My mother barely uses hers, but will buy $15 to $25 cards when her time is almost up.  She has around $200 on her phone right now if she needed that much time/minutes/money.

How this info might help you a bit!!

OH!  I forgot... the phones themselves where about $30 each and they came with $10 on them.  You can get them from their website refurbished for between $20 to $200, depending on what features you want.  You can also buy them at Radio Shack.

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

I was looking into it tonight. The track phone Patty was talking about looks like the best.  Buy the phone then the years service for $100.00 ( comes with 400 minutes) and add minutes if you need them . And with the year card you don't loose minutes for that year. That may be my plan.

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I cant help you because I'm in Australia and everything here is usually different. BUT I do have a prepaid phone.
I went through Vodaphone and because I was willing to prepay $50 worth of calls straight off I have 365 days to use that $50. The phone itself only cost about $120.  I use the phone several times a day. Make untold txts daily and I'm still on my original $50 after 7months.

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Thanks every one  bear_grin  soon I will be on my own sell phone service. bear_grin

Board footer