No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Pages:
Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Eileen wrote:

Whichever side of the 'bears as art?' debate you're on, I think it's fair to include the word "artist" in an eBay listing. In this case, it's not a matter of philosophy, but an established term for hand-made one-of-a-kind or limited edition bears.

Eileen

I agree completely.  Well said.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I follow a formula in my eBay auctions, in listing them.  It seems to work well for me.

BEAR NAME, (size), a OOAK mohair artist bear by (company name)

This way you hit the following concepts and search terms:

OOAK
Mohair
Artist
Bear
My company name (me!)

I sometimes also include the word "teddy" in my auctions, but always separate from "bear" -- as in "teddy bear" and not "teddybear" -- to increase potential hits.

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

re: the bare artist/ bear artist ...I have been confused for a BEER maker.  When I first started selling bears I was featured in my local newspaper.  That night I got a phone call and when I picked up the phone all i could here was someone chortling down the phone, gasping for breath and going "bear Melissa bear" - I eventually established that it was a friend of my aunty - they had been out together and my aunty had told her that I was making bears.  She had misinterpreted and thought I was making beer.  She thought it was an unusual occupation for me but didn't ask my aunty any more questions.  When she saw my photo in the paper she finally understood!  Because of our funny kiwi pronunciation this has happened more than once. I momentarily impressed my male colleagues until they realised the truth.  Also my surname is the name of a famous brand of Australian beer (and with a different spelling is also a brand of beer here in NZ).

Densteds Densteds
Website

Hi Melissa,
hey! my daughter just moved to Wellington from Oz, do you mean to say she'll be calling bears, beers soon??????   bear_original bear_original

beerhugs,
Denise.

ps she loves it there!!!!!

Pages:

Board footer