Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

sarahjane Brisbane

I was wondering ( and shoot me down if its not a good idea) but could we have a gallery where photos of prize winning bears could be submitted.....so that we can all drool over them.....I know for one that I can never remember hat all the bears that win prizes look like and also that I love to go back and look at them over and over again as they are so inspirational!!!  :redface:

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I think that's a great idea!

So I won't shoot you this time...........

but no, it would be great to see all the winning bears, something to drool over!

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Sarahjane, I think that is a brilliant idea.  Not only for us to be able to drool over, but also as a lovely recognition to all the fabulous artists who have had their work recognised by an award.  You can never get tired of looking at work of this calibre.  I'm ready to dribble...... anyone else!!!!

Katrina's Miniatures Katrina's Miniatures
Website

I think that's a great idea!

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

I personally love that idea.  The recognition is truly deserved, the showcase would be GORGEOUS!!  It also shows new comers to the art all that is achievable in the industry. It is an extra technical thing to ask for,  so here's hoping it's workable  bear_flower

:hug:
~Chrissi

PS....If this was added I'd personally like to see pieces from set awards within the industry.  I think show and fair awards are fantastic, but for a gallery I'd like to see specific competition's pieces.

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Great idea!!   :dance:  :dance:
Dani

Strike A Paw Posts: 535

Wonderful idea!!

Hugs,

Julie

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

Fab idea :dance:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Way to go S.J.!!!!  What a fantabulous idea! bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

bear_thumb

I agree... good idea !!!

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Yes that would be cool! Lots of prize winning EyeCandy  bear_grin

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Fantastic Idea Sarah Jane!!!   :dance:  :dance:  :photo:

Not only is it eye candy, but it would be exceedingly helpful for newbies and experienced bearmakers alike.  There is always something to be gained by studying the tops in the field, and I think its the same in the bear world. 

Now all we need to do is beg and grovel, and hope that Quy can wave his magical mystery wand and make it all happen  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:

tinybear-dk TinyBear
Denmark

Great idea Sarah-Jane  :clap:
That would be wonderful.

sarahjane Brisbane

I will go and beg and grovel in the right section now!!   :pray:  :pray:  :pray:

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

HERE HERE SARAHJANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BRILLIANT IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance:  bear_flower

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA
ChrissiCatherwood wrote:

PS....If this was added I'd personally like to see pieces from set awards within the industry.  I think show and fair awards are fantastic, but for a gallery I'd like to see specific competition's pieces.

I agree..... some shows give 'awards' or ribbons for every entry... that is VERY different than winning a TOBY or Golden Teddy. Some ground rules should perhaps be set for what "Award Winning Bears" qualify. Maybe show bears could be included.... First Place in Category and Best in Show only perhaps? These artists could go on to be TOBY winners... who knows... but they do deserve a place to show off.... even more than the big time award winners who already get the magazine, website, show publicity etc.

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Great idea, Sarah Jane!

I think that ALL award winning bears deserve to go into that gallery, whatever important the contests were.
Maybe we could just add to each photo a sort of labelling specifying the price won by each bear and constest name.
We know there are huge differences between the existing contests.
If only the very best of winner bears are showed, beginners and less experimented/talented bear makers will think that they have to reach very high levels and will never find enough self confidence to enter their bears into contests.
Do you follow my point of view?
I think that we need to let things be very simple. Any award/price winning bear can be inspirational for us.
If we put a "checking point" with application needed for a bear to enter that gallery, this will become too complex, and this gallery will keep its gates closed for too many artists, which would get some of us upset about it.

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Great idea Sarah Jane

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hi, All.  We behind the scenes aren't ignoring your request for an "Awards Gallery" - really!  The reason we've been dragging our feet on this issue is that it will take an enormous amount of time to get all the details worked out.  Quy has virtually no time to devote to this endeavor at the moment . . . he is up to his eyeballs with his real job.  So, we will have to shelve this idea for right now, but we'll not forget about it.  Hope you understand and thanks for the suggestion.

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

I thought as much.  It does take a lot of work. Quy really is the greatest at dealing with the techie side of the forum  :clap:  :clap:

SueAnn, thank you for giving us an update on this idea  :hug:

Board footer