Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

svgartistbears Posts: 62

Mom asked me if i would like to take her old wool rovings  off her hands and I said yer why not, and i thought yer i could fill some bears with it!   But then i found out about needlefelting and decided yer why not what could I loose?- well just some blood because of my clumsy fingers but that was about it, I've just finished hand dyeing the last lot today and its drying out in the sun. I used Rit dye, they have an awesome website with a great color chart for mixing color lots -  www.ritdye.com .
I never tried it (needlefelting) until I read a few threads about it on 'TT',which sparked my interest and memory of the wool at the bottom of the cupboard -  so Thankyou all of you, your tips have helped immensley and here are my first two projects, I got so involved in it at night that I  forgot and missed the final episode of  Greys Anatomy - Darn!  Needlefelting rocks. Happy Stitching everyone.
bear_thumb  bear_flower  :hug:
needlefelting.jpg

needlefelting_4.jpg
Tig and Wag

needlefelting_5.jpg
Little Mauve Mermaid

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

I've not tried to do the needlefelting thing but I have to say....for your first attempts....WOW!!!

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

EXCELLENT ! ! !  What great colors.

nimbleknot Cupcake Bears
Austin, Texas
Website

Very cute, and yes, the colors are fantastic!

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Great first attempts!!! I must say I felt the same as you when I first needle felted anything. It's feels like you have learned to do real magic!

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

I just love the little ones you have created with needlefelting.   The colours and expressions are just wonderful.  Looking forward to seeing some more of your creations.

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

They are lovely!  I really like their expressions.

chrissie christinemypreciousone
Breda-Netherlands

Hi Shayne,
I really love those 3 little creations.
You're first attempt................ get out!!!!!!
Compliments are here on its place.
Love them, keep going.
Lots of love Chrissie :dance:

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Shayne,
You are off to a wonderful start with needle felting! Love your creations. Needle Felting is so addictive. It is like magic seeing what can be done with a bit of wool & some needles.

Hugs &

Thanks so much for everyone's  encouraging words, and youre so right it sure is like magic when all the fibres become the thing in your head with just a dangerous needle. from a ball of fibre fluff to something to treasure. :hug: highly recommend it for theraputic relaxation and fun.  :dance:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  Amazing and fantastic, Shayne!!

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Shayne!!! its your needle felting that ROCKS!! WOW youy are an absolute natural :dance:  :dance:  :dance: what fantastic critters :dance:
Wendy

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Fabulous work  :clap:

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Shayne your creations are so fantastic !!! I am truly impressed that this is your first time felting.  You too seem to have a real talent for it.  I really love the colors you used too.  Way to go !!!   bear_thumb

Thanks so much for all your lovely comments about my first attempt at needlefelting, i think the most fun was had dyeing the wool rovings tho, i cant believe how many colours you can make out of basic rit dye colors, I used the hot water dyeing method to get these colors and recarded, brushed  pale blue pale mauve and some plain white wools together and i was pretty stoked with the marbled effects it gave,  the blue in the mermaid is pulled strands-( messy dangly bits) of blue mulberry colored silk rovings they shimmer,  sometimes it pays to experiment doesnt it? Now i know i can dye the near to exact color of a fur after i play around a bit with it im going to try out one of those whickedly awesome Teddy bear muzzles I read about in a thread or two in here, they were truly wonderful by the way Im sorry i cant remeber who it was who did it but amazing bear_thumb
The mind boggles. Hey i truly hope you are all having a happy creative time of it and you and yours are all safe and well. bear_flower  :hug:  :hug:  bear_thumb  :hug:  :hug:  bear_flower

Federbaerchen Federbaerchen
Munich - Germany

I must said your Mum decided right to give you all the wool! You did a wonderful job with it! I like your felted bears very much! You should go on with it, the results are very lovely  bear_wub

Board footer