Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

DSCN2567-600x480.JPGMy older daughter Hannah decided that this bunny was going to be hers half way through making her.  Hannah has called her Maisie. 

You can't tell on the photo but the fabric is quite unusual it has a wave through the pile so each peice has two different pile directions (hope that make sense).  I loved working with this fabirc, but the paw pads where a different matter all together  bear_angry I have decided NEVER to use light ultra suede again, it was like sewing through leather!!!!

Anyway, Hannah loves her, which makes it all worth while and she has already put in her next order for a panda -I'll do it right after I've finished my polar bear, made Sophies bunny, made a dog for mum ..............  mmmmm better get going!!!!

Hugs Ali x

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

Hello ......... she's not that bad is she  bear_cry

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Hi Ali, I love your bunny - no wonder your daughter has snapped her up!!  You gradually learn about what fabric "work" and what to avoid.  I know what you mean about your daughter, my little one always wants to keep each of the bears I make, and it is hard for her to understand that Mummy can't give her everyone.  I wish I could, but I need to make a few pennies to pay the bills!!

Kilde Posts: 186

What a wonderful bunny  bear_wub No wonder, Hannah wants to keep Maisie to herself  bear_grin The fabric looks wonderful and I know what you mean about the paw pad fabric. I have tried different fabric for the paws and some of it is impossible to sew.

My daughter keep all my bears too  bear_grin When I first started making bears (I'm still a newbie) I thought I might be able to sell a few of them and earn enough to keep my costs of buying new supplies down - but I haven't sold any bears yet and I probably wont sell any either until the day my daughter "grows out" of bears  :crackup:

Anyway, I don't mind.....I love having my very own 1-member-fanclub  bear_grin

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Your bunny is fine.  I'm on the throws of making a bunny too but very different.  Yor daughter will want all your creations.  I have 4 daughters and have to wrestle them all away to sell them!!

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Awww arn't you doing well Ali, he is really cute.  Keep on sewing  :clap:  :clap:

Pauline

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

Oh I'm so pleased you like her - thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement.
It really means alot to me, because I know I have along way to go to get to the high standards of you fab ladies.  bear_grin
I'm quite happy making animals for my family at the moment whilst I learn - I wouldn't be happy to sell any yet  until I'm 100% happy with them.  I have quite a few patterns I would like to make first and Hannah has asked me to make a bear that I will have to try and make a pattern for - so I will happily plod along.......

Hugs Ali x

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

She is adorable I can see why she was snapped up by your daughter so quickly!!!  cant wait to see the panda :dance:

Board footer