Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

mwaggs2 Quilts-N-Critters
Middletown, Ohio
Website

Hi Everyone

Does anyone know or have you ever heard of a Teddy Bear Artist and Collectors Cruise? I went on my first Cruise last month with Carnival and I have to say it was my best vacation ever.

I know there are all kind of themed Cruises. I just wonder if there is such a thing as a Teddy Bear Cruise. If not. Why Not. I think it would be so Neat.

Or how about a Teddy Talk Cruise. With a Bear show. How does that sound?

Please let me know if you have heard of one.
Thanks
Marilyn

ArtHeart Kran-Beary's
Thunder Bay ON Canada

Diane Gard used to teach a 'Master Bear Making Class' on a cruise ship. That was about 10 or 12 years ago.  I'm pretty sure those were the only bear cruises I'd ever heard of.

hugs,
nt

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

I know it IS possible to arrange with some of the cruise ships to do something like that.

Pijangibears Pijangibears
Denmark

I think it is a splended idea with a cruise - a TT cruise.  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:

:hug:

Stellajella Wien

Don´t I remember correctly, that Jane organised one of the most fabulous TT- cruises?? :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
Somebody post the link please, I cannot find it! bear_cry

Gaby bear_flower

Middletown, Ohio
Website

Gaby

That wasn't a real Cruise. Was it?

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

gosh, I hope it was real. I got to be with Sean Connery!  :crackup:

here is the link however:  http://teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=7837

Marion

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
MerBear wrote:

gosh, I hope it was real. I got to be with Sean Connery!  :crackup:

Marion

Yeah, and I got to hang out with Gerard Butler! :crackup:  bear_wub

I agree, a cruise is the BEST vacation ever.  We just returned from a Disney cruise last week.

I was asked to do a bear craft demo on a Norwegian Cruise to Alaska about three years ago but declined because I had just given birth to my son.  You could organize a group trip through almost any cruise line...they aim to please.  You would need to contact them for rates and dates.  They are not cheap though.

Middletown, Ohio
Website

I would be happy to contact them but do you think anyone would go?

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

if you guaranteed George Clooney I bet just about all of us would go!

Marion

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Marilyn, as wonderful as it sounds I could not go because we have booked  another Disney Cruise for next July.

But maybe others would go?  It would be well worth it.

MKinsey/TBF Teddy Bear and Friends
Lancaster PA

MKinsey/TBF Editor of Teddy Bear and Friends

Kate Delosso of Collectible Tours was talking about organizing a cruise about two years ago, but couldn't get enough people interested. I don't want to rain on the idea, but given the low numbers of collectors and artists who turn out for shows, I can't imagine that we could get enough people to do it to make it worthwhile. All of the tours have gone out of business because people don't want to spend the money on travel, they want to spend it on bears. I couldn't get people to go to Vegas, for heaven's sake. I would absolutely love to be proven wrong, and I will both attend and do events if someone successfully organizes it. I just can't imagine coaxing enough people out of their houses, away from their computers, to make it work!

Mindy

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

I've been on only one work-related cruise (DH's boss was host) in the Caribbean - Very nice but I hate the communal eating.

We were on Neysa's Artists for Artists Tour 6 times, to attend Teddybär Total shows in Germany in April, a few other German shows and then tour Europe by coach for 2 weeks.
Mindy was with us the year we toured France/Monaco/Switzerland. Neysa (KNEE shuh) had to stop organizing too about 5 years ago - within a year after 11 Sept.

I myself would LOVE to teach on a cruise!!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

It sounds like so much fun, but as a senior citizen, I would find it very hard to come up with the money.  The cruise that Jane created for us was about as close as I'll ever get.  Jane, thanks again for working so hard to make a fun "trip" for us . . . I enjoyed taking another peek at it.  And thanks to you, Marion, for the link.

Board footer