Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Federbaerchen Federbaerchen
Munich - Germany

Anastasia5.JPGAnastasia2.JPGAnastasia1.jpg.JPGI’m very excited to post my first topic in this category! I would like to present you “Anastasia Hase” (Hase is the German word for rabbit). So that nobody forgets her name she wears a little necklace with her name on it.
She is 16 cm long and made of self dyed alpaca (dyed with colours for easter eggs), her face and opened mouth are needle felted with brown wool.
Anastasia will be donated to a charity auction organized by my German teddy forum in which I am a member, too. Some bear artists donate their bears to benefit an organization for a village which cares for storks.

With her teeth she likes to gnaw her little felted carrot she carries always with her.

I am really curious about your opinion!

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

Claudia your bunny is so cute - her fur is such a gorgeous colour, so thick and soft looking  bear_wub

Good luck with your auction.

Can you tell me where you get your alpaca from - the ladies here suggested I use it for one of my projects and how you coloured it?

Hugs Ali x

Federbaerchen Federbaerchen
Munich - Germany

Hi Ali,

thank you so much for your reply! I´m glad you like her!

Do you know these colours for Easter eggs? I’m not sure if there are available in UK, too?!
You can buy them in liquid or in pill form. Colours are: yellow, red, green, blue, violet, orange.
To dye I use a big bowl where I fill some cold water (the quantity depends on the size of the fabric). I usually dye little pieces of alpaca, like for Anastasia. So I need water between 2 or 3 litres.

In the water I put two or three pieces of the colours (I mean e.g. two or three pills, I like to mix the colours, e.g. the fabric for Anastasia is orange and yellow mixed) and three tablespoons of vinegar concentrate (will save the colours). Then stirring stirring stirring until everything is dissolved.

In the meantime I put the fabric into boiling water for two minutes, squeeze it out and lay it in the prepared water.
Then you have to wait and stir until the desired colour is reached.  When finished, squeeze the fabric out again and lie it down to let it dry. Shake the fabric out from time to time so that the floor will be soft and straight.

Please Ali, if there are any questions feel free to contact me. You know my English isn’t the best at all :-)!

Summer5 Pawssibles
Loon Lake, Saskatchewan

Lovely little rabbit.  The colors are great. bear_thumb

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Very CUTE!! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Board footer