Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

calabear Cala Bear Den
Winnipeg, MB

Hi all,

Just thought i would throw the question out there and ask if anyone knows where i can find flex limbs.  Most of my bears have them now and they are so hard to find. 
I've tried Spare Bear Parts but their phone isn't working and no answer to my emails. 

Does anyone have know where i could get them with short shipping times?

Thanks
carola

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

I've actually found a great product for flexible limbs at Lee Valley. It's for wrapping around plants to hold them up - has wire inside and a spongy cover. I also just got a smaller version for smaller bears at our local Co-op store.

Marion

calabear Cala Bear Den
Winnipeg, MB

Thank you Marion, I will have a look at our local Lee Valley... I actually love that store but never thought to look there.

Thanks again.

hugs
carola

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Edinburgh carries Flexlimb.  I use electrical wire and you can attach an eyelet thing to the end or I just bent it over around the setscrew.  You can use a drip irrigation plastic or wrap it with batting.  I think the plant wrap sounds good and will see if I can find it here.
Donna

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Just found the PERFECT thing to wrap your wire with.. it's just like the outside of flexilimb - Flexible rollers from the beauty supply shop!

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page.as … 33283&ap=1

here is the link to the LeeValley product I use. It's on their web site under garden - plant ties.
You can attach a lug to the end of the wire to go over your cotter-pin or just twist the coated wire inside the foam to go over your cotter-pin.

Marion

calabear Cala Bear Den
Winnipeg, MB

THANK YOU ALL!  This is great information... Yes, Laura Lynn I forgot Edinburgh has them.  Thank you again Marion.. I was going through their online catalogue just today searching.    The flexible rollers would work as well...

My bears will be very happy for your help

hugs
carola

Board footer