Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Pages:
Jennskains Posts: 2,203

My dh and I just lost our baby English Spot bunny to a black widow Thurday morning.  I am so sad bear_sad  Jenn

Pipa UK

oh my word !! a black widow killed your bunny   how Dreadful !  bear_sad
So sorry to hear about your loss   bear_sad

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

So sorry Jenn. I had a bunny once. They are so sweet.

Big hug  :hug:

Sabine

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

I know how you feel. Amy had a lovely mini lop bunny. It was so sweet. Very intelligent too. It just died for no reason. People don't realise how nice these little bundles of fluff are. Unfortunately I developed an allergy to rabbits. When we were looking after my nephews rabbit, they only stopped to chat in our room (it was in the pet carrier) and my chest started to go tight and my breathing was hard. I also get itchy eyes. It takes hours to go away and I have to take an antihistamine tablet. So no more bunnies at our house.

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Oh my! Sorry to hear that, how awful for you :(. Do you plan to get another bunny or is too soon to think about that?

Not at this time.  We have two pups to spoil. Jenn

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Sooo sorry, Jenn.  It's very sad to lose a pet.  Big hugs!  :hug:  :hug:

sandi Snowy Day Bears
St. Albans, VT

Sorry to hear about your bunny.  I have had bunnies in the past and know how delightful they are.

Sandi

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh Jenn!!!!

That is just horrible...I am so very very sorry bear_sad  Big hugz to you....  :hug:

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Oh,that's terrible,heartfelt hugs   :hug: to you and your family,how sad.  bear_sad

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Jen, so sorry to hear your lost your bunny bear_sad  I hope she is in bunny heaven bear_innocent  Big hugs :hug:

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss...losing a  pet no matter what kind is so hard.

Bunny's are so cute...we use to take ours for walks on a leash around the hard.  She'd get all huffy if we didn't take her out of her pen and let her play with us.  Silly thing...

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oooh you lost your English (We call 'em English here in Aus) I'm sorry for your loss! 

They are the most adorable bunnies - I think my favourite breed.  We bred them here for awhile, but people are funny, if they aren't the tiny breeds, they're not interested.  It can get hard to rehome big buns!

We now breed mini lops - we have a litter of 4 - they are only three days old and sooo cute.  If I could Jenn, I would send you one..... 

Danni

Danni, He would have gotten about the size of our Mini dachsies.  When you take on another life,you have a responcibility for the duration of that life.  Watson is waiting at the rainbow bridge.  Jenn

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh Jenn, I am so sorry to hear about your lost baby bunny....
I know how hard to loose your
pet... 

Hugs/Marie

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_sad Sorry to hear about your poor little bunbun, Jenny  bear_sad

We've lost several over the years, the last one to an abcessed tooth. That was most nasty, since the teeth are continuous with the jawbone, and surgery just didn't help. We've lost 4 to old age at 10 years or more, and a beautiful siamese angora to some illness that's apparently exclusive to angoras.

I've got two running around the house now, begging for corn chips and almonds, driving everybody bats with their chewing on whatever they find on the floor. Totally spoiled rotten, these two. The kids, trying as usual to get me organized and respectable (as if) want them caged most of the day, but I'll think of something else when I've had a bit more coffee!

Bunnies are very special little critters. I hope you find another one soon! The shelters here are full of them. I think people get fed up when they act like rabbits, instead of furry ornaments.

Eileen

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Don't free roaming bunnies leave little poopy pellets all over the floor?  Do you have to follow them around with a dustpan and broom, or a vacuum?

I don't get it.   bear_ermm

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:dance: Mine are both litterbox trained and neutered!!

Of course, we find the odd little pile of poop from time to time, but it's quite hard and very small.

Nothing to the piles of orange/banana skins, apple cores, water bottles, pop cans and yucky dishes the kids leave around!

Eileen

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Jenn I'm truely sorry for your loss. :hug: I've also have pets that are now in heaven. That wee ache in the heart is hard to bare ......... :hug:  I am confused ......'black widow?'..

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Sorry to hear that  bear_sad  :hug:

I black widow is a spider. They are common around here.  Watson died from the bite.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Jenn - where do you live that there are black widows?  I am so afraid of spiders!  I cant imagine being around ones that could acutally inflict damage - so sorry to hear about this  :hug:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Matilda, a black widow is a toned-down North American version of the horrid funnel web spider from your neck of the world Down Under.  Most people survive black widow bites, but small children, the elderly, those with compromised immune systems, and pets, can die from them.  Sad.  bear_sad

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Soo sorry to hear about your bunny. I have a rabbit, and I know how much you can fall in love with them.
My bunny lives in our basement, free of course. She is totally litter trained Shelli, so no issues there. Although, don't leave stuff lying around that you don't want chewed.
My bunny is soo sweet, she will sit on my lap for hours and hours. One time I even fell asleep on my couch, with the bunny on my lap. I woke up 3 hrs later, with the rabbit still on my lap.
Sorry again,
Heather

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I had four rabbits at one time... three lops and one dutch, they were neat animals but they all passed away  bear_sad

Pages:

Board footer