Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

greatwon2 AlmostBears
Tasmania

hello all!
i decided to try somthing differant yesterday and thought id show him to you
hes a minature mohair bear about 3 inches sitting and i thought the pattern turned out well....tho this actual bear leaves a lot to be desired :crackup:  ive never tried to make somthing look old before and im not real keen on the job ive done...so im off to try again(boy are bears addictive - especially when they wont do as their told bear_tongue ) ive used prisma pencils...well actually i only own 1 black one bear_grin  but i used it to shade and acidently pushed too hard so he ended up with one very black line on one side...so ofcourse i then had to put one on the other side, now he looks angry bear_grin

Does anyone have any tips about aging mini bears?? cause i sure could use some bear_tongue

anyhoo, here he is...feel free to tell me exactly where ive gone wrong or what i could of done better bear_thumb
tathand.jpg

thanks muchly and enjoy!

Natasha...a.k.a...Natty bear_tongue

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Do you have a blender pen?  That can help mask any errors you may do.

I have also tried disguising mistakes by using different colours to diffuse the colour.

But other then that he looks fine.  So he is a cranky pants that just gives him personality.  Love the head shape by the way.

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Well, I think he is really cute, in fact I really love him.  Though I see what you mean about the angry look, but overall he is wonderfull  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Cat Gabriel Cat Gabriel Crafts
Melbourne, Australia

I think he's great Natasha!  I didn't notice he was a grumpy bum until you pointed out his angry lines :)

I don't have any pointers for you regarding aging bears, I've never done it myself but would interested to hear others suggestions.

mingrul Our Blue Iguana

He looks good to me.. still cute and i love your style to give him an aged look and the few thread on the ears and on the tummy, nice touches... hmmm maybe on my next bear i will do just that...

im just wondering, if u shade it and the bear gets dirty one day, won't the shading wear off? do you apply those copic pen directly to the bear? won't the colors appear too dark?  bear_wacko

Board footer