Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

greatwon2 AlmostBears
Tasmania

Ted.jpgtathand.jpgPoly.jpgFluff.jpgEle2.jpgclowny.jpggday everyone
i've not been on the forums alot latley...just never seem to find the time bettween kids and actually making the bears bear_grin so now ive got a minute id show you what ive been upto...theres some new bears and ive recently been dabbeling in polyclay(not a skill of mine....but sure is fun bear_grin ) i really enjoy sculpting :crackup: sorry i just burst out laughing here...calling what ive been doing, sculpting, is really stretching it bear_grin  anyhow ive got some piccies for you...on with the show.....ok the show wanted to be at the top...does anyone know how to put the writing first??

the little clown elephant has got a needle sticking right through his self...i havnt finished the poor thing yet...hes about 3 inches without his hatand made from sassys, his ears are made from curtain lace that ive painted....i wanted somthing that would "flop"(cant think of a better word )and an old curtain is all i could get my hands on...lol...

the other elephant is about 4 inches sitting(all sizes are aprox.) sassys again with polyclay tusks

the fluffy brown one is 5 inches or so sitting made from synthetic...hes very soft but everytime i touch him i have to brush him again bear_grin

and the tatty looking mini mohair bear is an experiment of sorts ....ive put him in the mini section too for comment(just thought id tell you incase you wanted to let me know how ratty he looks... :crackup: )

and the big 8inch bear there is my faverite hes such a charmer...i started him off ages ago and he was going to be an indian but the other day i heard this small voice calling me from my cupboard...."tash....tash....TASH"  and when i opened the door the poor unfinished bear threw himself at my feet and begged to be finished(sure...some people will say that my cupboard was just disgustingly full and it fell out...but i know better bear_tongue )anyway he told me that he didnt feel like being an indian anymore as he knew it sounded like more work that just a bear...and he knows i hate extra work...so in the sweetest voice ive ever heard,he told me he wanted to be 'just a bear'....im a big softy so i couldnt refuse and here he is...lol...sorry bout the big story, i got carried away, but it was fun bear_tongue  bear_grin

ok thanks for putting up with me...and i hope you enjoy seeing my bears and elephants and 'Sculpting' :crackup:

Natty

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

:crackup: I LOVE bare bears so I think your bear knew what he was asking for - clever bear.

I also love your elephants  bear_wub  I would love to have a little cuddle of the really wee one - he's ears are just so precious  bear_wub

Hugs Ali x

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

Great selection there Natty.I love the tatty old bear and the elephants too bear_wub  bear_wub .I am now doing my first elephant and I think I am hooked on them-it is a nice change to make something else.
Laurie :hug:

greatwon2 AlmostBears
Tasmania

thankyou both :hug:    yes....elephants are very addictive and lend themselves well to differant artists interpretations....latly here on tt there have been lots of them and none remotly alike...i think too that as long as its got a trunk it looks like an elephant, so that makes life easier bear_grin

im planning to make some elephants for sale (hopefully soon)just have to iron out a few details with the patterns first...i find im enjoying just buggering around experimenting with lots of differant animals and techniques...they dont always work but even when they dont, the finished product still seems to have its own charm.....like my little tattered one.....he is really growing on me and he looks nothing like he was supposed to bear_grin

anyway..thanks again for the replies...i like replies bear_tongue  bear_grin  i think maybe that i just like talking...even if it does feel as tho im talking to myself while typing...he he he

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

I think your elephants are truly adoreable.  All yor creations are cute.

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

You have been a very busy lady.  Great work. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Kathleen Pa

I think your cupboard bear is adorable too!  Also love the elephants!

Kathleen

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

Wow, you've been busy!  All those "creations" are just fabulous!!!

Hugs,
Lisa

greatwon2 AlmostBears
Tasmania

thankyou all :hug:

RaggyRat The RaggyRat Company
Weymouth
Website

wow, super elephants especially , but great work hun, how busy you are !
cat xxxx

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

You have been doing some gorgeous work - I loved seeing them.

greatwon2 AlmostBears
Tasmania

awww....thanks guys :hug:  :hug:

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

nice work!! I love your little sculptures too. There is a freshness and innocence about them that is very apealing.

Board footer