Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

greatwon2 AlmostBears
Tasmania

when posing a dog shaped bear??....does that sound confusing enough? bear_tongue

the bears body is long like a dog(in fact it started out as a dog - now im not sure what it is bear_grin )
i want to pose it with its head sideways to its body...but to make the limbs look right they have to be waaaayyyy more towards the front on the back side...that goes against all the bear making rules about even, level limbs......i'm not sure what to do, so i thought i'd ask if anyone else has come across this and what you did about it...is it ok to have limbs all wonky like that?

heres a pic, its not a very good one as its night here and i had to use a flash...
Cutie.jpg 

thanks,
Natasha

p.s...i just put on some doggie shaped ears and tail(just cut from scraps...not how they'll stay)  and he is a dog after all bear_grin im very pleased with how he's turning out so far

again, sorry about the poor pic
PUP.jpg

bye again

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Natasha, I think it is fine to pace the limbs forward. The only rule is do it the way YOU like it. For that pose, it works very well.

karenaus Melbourne
Website

Oh what a difference the doggy ears made- he/she's so cute!:) As far as limb postion- I would say go with  whatever works for  the finished look you are after.

Board footer