Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Ok, where are you all?
I drag my sorry lardy fat butt back onto TT for a chat and a giggle and you have all disappeared! I expected at least 400 of you to be here gossiping at least!
Throw your fuzzy slippers in the trash, don't eat for a couple of days, slip into that slinky little black dress and we can go out clubbin...........no? Yes?
OK - so we can all stay in, eat another cream cake whilst pretending we look like Kate Moss, i don't mind  bear_tongue  It's me favourite fantasy anyway (actually it is'nt but i am far tooooo much of a lady to post my most private fantasies here - see my BLOG! ho ho)
I have been away from TT for so long now that i suppose i should post an entry in the 'new members' area introducing meself but to be honest i have'nt changed and am still far too lazy.....
I hope you are all well and are selling bears hand over fist for loadsa moolah. I have'nt had the opportunity to make a bear since last November! Can you believe that...nearly a year! I have been so wrapped up with other work that my Moonlings and Cacophany Cats have been put on the back burner (poor sods) but i am determined to get a new pattern finished and get sewing bears again soon.
BTW, has anyone ever worked with resin for their bears faces/paws? I have been thinking about this for a while and just wondered if anyone had any knowledge of casting resin.....?

Anyways, i am back and will be around for a while - lovely to see you all again (even if you ain't actually here when i chose to make my comeback), i hope you are all well.
Penny
bear_tongue
ththPenguin.gif
Never trust a penguin

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hiya, Penny!  Well, it's about time, girlie . . . haven't seen you around in forever!  You've not made anything in a year?  Oh dear, what have all those creative juices been up to then?  Have you been off designing gardens, designing new websites, designing George Clooney?  Great to have you posting again - stick with us awhile!  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Hi Penny it is good to see you back posting, like you I haven't made a bear for 9 months. I bet you have been busy with BAO you have done a fantastic job with that and I have seen a few banners and avatars you have designed. Looking forward to seeing your bears moonlings and cats back.

sarahjane Brisbane

:crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  Hi Penny....It's good to see you back, your posts always crack me up!!! ...I've never used resin but I am sure there are lots around here that have!!

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Penny!  I thought for sure we would need a search party!  Welcome back!

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Penny!! Good to see you!!! I've been wondering how you were doing.
Can't wait to see some of your new bears and cats (and dolls?) soon.

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

How wonderful to have you with us - we missed you all here!! It's great to read your posts as they always give me a giggle or two!
Danni

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Hey there Penny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bear_grin

Hugs &

OMG - my little sausages, it's so nice to hear from you all  Charlotte, Sue Ann, Patsy, Sarah Jane, Jenn, Tami and Danny  bear_smile  I hope i will be able to get here more often over the autunm/winter months.....blimey it's boring working on your own is'nt it? I often wonder if that is'nt one of the reasons why bear artists throw in towel and go back to normality - lack of interaction unless it's with a piece of mohair and a pair of ears that won't quite match (my fav hate with bears).
I am really busy at the mo but i have decided that if don't get back into the bear making soon i never will and i do love making the little buggers.
Penny
ththPenguin.gif
Never trust a penguin

sarahjane Brisbane

Can't wait to see more of your little Moonlings Penny!!! bear_original

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Hi Penny,
Glad to see you back here again, you really have been missed.  I don't know why you just don't sew with your hands and run the keyboard with your feet at the same time, then you'd get everything done.  I think George would find it quite an attractive skill!!!!

I have often wondered, did you ever get your back garden finished?

K Pawz Guest

:clap:  :clap:  :hug:  :hug: Penny so glad to have you back! I so enjoy your posts, your fantasies and of course your Moonlings and Cats!! Can't wait to see some more of them.

Hugs,
Krista

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

So glad that you are back Penny - it has been so quiet here without you.
I thought George must have whisked you away to some romantic Island. bear_wub

Look forward to seeing more of your Moonlings and pussycats - get working please.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi PenPen,
     Sooooo glad to see you posting.  I just got back from holidays. Yep, in my other life, I worked with resin when I used to make Xmas ornaments yeeeaaars ago, but I have not used it for teddies.  I sculpted an original ornament, then made silicone molds (which were a pain) and then casted multiple ornaments in resin. It worked okay - you had to add two parts together (one being the catylist) but it was really stinky and wasn't too cheap back then.  You could also add colour to it, but I always ended up painting it in the end - I'm so picky.  I'm sure it's changed a lot since I used it.  Just the other day,  I found something I want to tinker with and SURPRISE - it's done with resin, so email me if you find any good stuff! 

hugs,

Brenda

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

LOL!!! Oh my gosh Penny you are so funny!!!   :crackup:   you've been missed :)

Been trying to cut down on my internet time so I CAN make more bears!

Hugz,
Laura Lynn

lemmonbears Lemmon Bears
Oregon Coast

Hi Penny!
I'm still here too...... bear_original
I haven't been posting much lately, too much stuff goin' on...

Joan

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Thank God you are back, Penny!!! I do love everyone here, don't get me wrong guys.... but Pen adds a special ingredient that is so refreshingly appreciated!

It IS quiet here, compared to 'usual'..... whatever that is these days! I'm off PRETENDING to be making bears..... it's an act I've sadly perfected in recent months....er...years! It's amazing all the other 'bear related' stuff one does in the course of a day when you've got your nose into more that just the making of 'em! I'm not complaining mind you... not until I show up to the first of 3 back to back shows I'm doing and have an empty table because I never actually MADE the bears. I guess THINKING about them, designing new patterns in one's head, etc. isn't quite sufficient enough.

Welcome back, Pen! Don't leave again! That's an order! bear_tongue

AndreaM Drea's Bears
Ontario

Hey Penny I have been thinking about you lately, wondering if all was ok.  I'm glad to see you back again, I did miss reading about George Clooney on a nightly basis!

Love the penguins :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Hugs,

AndreaM bear_original

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

Hi Penny, 

You made me laugh this morning!!  :crackup:  I'm new here at TT so obviously don't "know" you, but from reading your post, I know we are going to have a giggle!  Absolutely love the penguins!!  I've been sitting here watching that poor penguin getting knocked over hundreds of times - I'm mesmerized (and stupid!).  Look forward to chatting! 
Take care. 
Marilyn bear_flower

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Hi PenPen, Glad to see you back.  I disappeared for a long time too.  But I was really glad to come back and chat.  Inspired me again.  Lookforward to seein your new creations.

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hi Penny !!! Glad you are back !!!
I'm draging my fat butt back to TT too.  bear_grin

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Welcome home Penny.  You've been missed.   But, damn does this mean I have to share George with you AGAIN !  Isn't it time for another TT party/cruise  or something . Jane ??  bear_happy

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Hey Penny!!! It's nice to see you back again! bear_original

So many of the old skool girls! Hiya All  bear_wub
I must say it's nice to be back, i will try to pop in to TT once a day and make some posts - just to keep in touch with you all.
I did get me garden patio finished Christine and this year the weather has been so bad we hardly had the chance to sit out there and enjoy it although when we did it was great - one of the paving slabs is named after a member here (Hi Eileen wherever you are)....we walk all over her
:crackup:
Krista, Carolyn, Joan, Daffers, Andrea, Marie, Tammy and Terrie... hello my dears, we have got some catching up to do - Joan get your finger out!
:crackup:
Marilyn - you can never trust a penguin, they hang about on the ice just waiting for an unsuspecting victim to come along and whack! they slap you round the back of the head and under you go.....murderous little gits
bear_whistle
Brenda - thanks for the info, sounds like a smelly fiddly job (and toxic too i suspect). I will keep looking into it but if it's just gonna send me doolally i might just stick with Fimo.....i hate that too, why is nothing simple huh?
bear_thumb
Hope i have'nt left anyone out, if i have sorry, i did'nt mean to
Penny
bear_tongue

ththPenguin.gif
Never trust a penguin

g01s.jpg

Let's get something straight here - George is mine, all mine do you hear!
(i bet that beard tickles bwah ha haaaa)

Board footer