Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

I went to the eye doctor today because I woke up feeling as if my left eye was being pulled out of my head. My lower lid was red, itchy and puffy. Of course, I thought the worse "oh no, I hope I'm not getting conjunctivitis." Well the good news is that I don't have conjunctivitis. The bad news is that the doctor thinks I may have pulled a muscle in my eye due to eye strain. Of course, he asked me what I had been doing over the past couple of days. I explained that I was trying to finish a waistcoat for a little bear I've been working on. I stayed up until 1AM working on the vest only to mess it up completely turning it. The shoulders were tooooooo narrow. So yesterday we took a 2 hr each way road trip and I sewed in the car. Well the doctor says the strain on my eyes probably started Saturday by staying up too late and then I just made matters worse by sewing in the car. With all the bounces I was probably trying very hard to focus. What really strikes me as strange is that it is only one eye and the better of the two eyes. I was wearing my magnifying glasses and had plenty of light. The doctor told me to take aspirin or Advil as the bottle directs to help with inflammation and if the eye doesn't feel better tomorrow he gave me a prescription for eye drops.

Has anyone ever had this happen before?

Isn't it amazing the types of injuries we can get from making adorable teddy bears.

Hugs,

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad  Hope your eye improves quickly, Gijzette!

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Oh Gijzette,
I totally understand...been there..done that. Especially when I was doing a whole lot of bead work!! It hurts!!!!
There are a couple of tricks I have learned...
1. Re-focus often. Don't look at your work for too long without stopping & looking away. As at something far away.
2. Make a cozy little resting place for your eyes every so often, by rubbing your hands together fast until you feel them getting hot & place them like little warm cups over your eyes to create a warm dark place for each eye.
3.Remember to blink!!!...when concentrating so hard on somethings, we forget to blink.
Hope your feeling much better soon!

Hugs &

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

My eye is feeling better today. I'm trying very hard to do as Charlotte suggests and rest my eyes and re-focus them often.

This is the first time I've ever experienced anything like this so it was a little scary.

Hugs,

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Glad it's a little better today..and I know how scary it can be...our eyes are so important!!! :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Hugs &

Stellajella Wien

Gijzette, I´m sorry to read this!
I realised, that my eye sight has become worse in the last 1,5 years  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry
Browsing the net I found all sorts of trainings for the eyes, but I browsed the german sites, so I guess, this would not be of any hekp??

Wishing you all the best

Gaby bear_flower

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

Hi Gaby,

Unfortunately our eye sight does get worse as we get older. And working on minis takes magnification which I do use.

If you do have some links please share them maybe babelfish can translate. If not I have many friends who speak German who might be able to translate them for me.

Thanks to all for your well wishes.

Hugs,

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Dlad to hear that your eye is on the improve Gijzette  bear_original

Board footer