Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Stellajella Wien

TTForum2.jpgFinally I got myself a light tent...a huge lighttent, where I could hide myself in  :crackup:
One of the first bears I fotographed was a black bear, because who ever took pix of black bears knows, how many grey hairs you grow... bear_wacko
Johnny B. is a present I had made some time ago for my mom; he has trapunto toes.

Gaby bear_flower

dusty attic dusty attic bears
somerset

Hi Gaby,
The photo is great and I love the bear too!! His toes are just sooooo cute. What lighting did you use, I have had a light tent for ages now and just can't get the lighting right. So I gave up and have been taking my bear photos out side. But with winter coming I am a little worried ,Cause I am sure its gonna start raining soon and then I'm gonna be stuck!! Real greatful for any advise!!  :hug:

Stellajella Wien

Chloe,
Thanx, that´s an honor for me to read this from your side :)
Before I bought the light tent, I bought the lightning: cheap and easy lights  that is used on construction sites with 500 watts each.
Sorry, I don´t find the correct word to translate it into English but I´ll post a picture here.
BUT STOP: before you wander off to B&Q: I ampondering about another way of lighting the teddies...something that´s not a bulb or a sticklight, but something that is like a circle, because then the eyes would really, really look great! Specially in this black bear I could imagine it lokking thrilling.
But until now, I haven´t come up with anything clever...Any ideas?

Gaby

bearkidz bearkidz by Marion Fraile
charlotte
Website

Hi Gaby,

Johnny B. is a very cute bear and the picture is just perfect. Yes, I know (as many others) how hard it is to take a good picture of a black bear. You managed quite well and I can only give you a big compliment bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Hugs,
bear_original Marion

Stellajella Wien

Marion, thanx for your compliment!!!
Your pix are always professional.
It is all up to a light tent or not....I can show you a picture I made WITHOUT the tent....it drove me up the wall with it´s yellow shine around the bear:JohnnyLovejoy3.jpg

Gaby bear_flower

Teddy09328 Esche B�r

It is moved with black Teddys but your Teddy is absolutely lovely. I love him bear_wub  How big he is??????

Federbaerchen Federbaerchen
Munich - Germany

Hi Gaby,

ohhhh what a beautiful present for your Mum! I´m sure she loves the wonderful Johnny B.!
I admire you for working with the black mohair! For me it´soooo difficult to sew the black ones, but your result is adorable! Very well done  bear_thumb

Stellajella Wien

Annette, danke...I still didn´t meassure him  :redface: ...I guess 25 cms, but I´ll find out tomorrow...
:hug:

Claudia, thanx, and yes, working with black mohair is baaaaaad....what a strain on the eyes!

Gaby bear_flower

Board footer