Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

lw2ndstar Annapolis, Maryland

TumbleweedSwing.jpgTumbleweedWEB.jpgHi!
This little guy is finally done!  I am calling him "Tumbleweed" because of his generally disheveled appearance.  He's 12" tall and mad from one of my ever evolving paterns.  He's a keeper.

I had the most fun making him!!  That's thanks to everyone here at the forum - with this bear I tried every new technique I could squeeze in, and had a great time!  (Can't wait to start another.   bear_grin )

A special thanks for teaching me how to make better bears:
A rinse with conditioner (Dilu  bear_laugh ),
Trimming the fur from seam allowance - scary but works GREAT!
Marking the seam allowances on the footpads for more accurate guiding through the machine,
A wire armature in his arms - thanks Laura Lynn and Kristine Holmberg!
The RIGHT STUFFING for the nose and head - big yay on this one!  :clap:
BB tips and sources - I got mine at KMart
Ear attaching tips - the best, most secure I've ever sewed! Thanks Shelli and everybody on that topic,
Oil paint for shading - a first for me, worked perfectly!  Thanks again Shelli,
Beeswax on the nose, from a recent topic.  Thanks to everyone for specific how-tos (this used to scare me, but no more!)

I am so very thankful for this forum and all the wonderful members  :clap:  bear_wub  Your willingness to share your knowledge has brought me back into bearmaking, and I am loving evey minute of it.  Big BIG HUGS to ALL!!  :dance: bear_smile :dance:

Sorry for being so longwinded  :redface:
Lynne  bear_original

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Really lovely. He has that real professional polish :clap: Love the fabric. I've not seen that one before.Matilda :dance:

Deb Upstate New York

Great bear Lynne ~ and by the way ~ that's what a good discussion board is supposed to do!  Hurray for Intercal for letting us hang out here!

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

I don't blame you for keeping Tumbleweed - he's adorable! I love the laid back pose, what a charmer he is!

Yes, this place is full of wonderful tips and I'm learning so much too. A huge round of applause to everyone for sharing and supporting  :clap: :clap: :clap:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Super great little guy, Lynne . . . definitely a keeper!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

What a wonderful bear, full of charm and personality.  He's just darling.

I'm really glad that the board has helped you in your bearmaking.  Coming from a teaching background myself, there's just nothing better than knowing that something that's been put "out there" really assists and makes a difference, whether it comes from me, or someone else.  I love watching that transfer of knowledge, and then success!, take place.  Very soul enriching stuff.

The ultimate test of usefulness of know-how is, how it's used.  Obviously, you studied hard, and really translated those posted words your read into a fabulous outcome.  So whatever credit you want to generously share with others, give yourself a giant helping, too.  TUMBLEWEED is truly a beautiful bear!

aerianna aerBears
Sacramento, CA

What a stunning bear Lynne. I would not let him go either. What a cute name too!
Aerianna

lw2ndstar Annapolis, Maryland

Thanks everybody!

This little guy was a joy to make.
Matilda, the fabric I used is Intercal's KID2/H 5/8" semi-sparse kid mohair in Honey Tan w/Dark Back.

He looks a little rumpled.  The fabric was lovely and fluffy after rinsing it out, but my bears do always end up looking like the dog has been chewing on them!!  bear_ermm  Always!

Looks like he needs a hairdresser, or some mousse!  bear_grin But then he wouldn't be "tumbleweed".  :teddybear:
Lynne

starlite Starlite Bears
Renfrew,Scotland

He's just absolutely great!!
His photo is superb and his fur looks so cuddly - all over Great Bear  :love:
Well done!!  :clap:  :clap:
Hugs
Anne

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh my!  Tumbleweed is just awesome!  And such an appropriate name!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:clap: bear_wub He's beautiful, Lynne. The fur is perfect!

Eileen

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I love him sooooo much!! What a great job you did.
I'm also glad to see the mohair. I have a real fear of washing the mohair and loosing the curls. Looks like this one held up great.
Thanks for sharing
Heather

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Lynne,
You did a fabulous job on that bear! Well done!
And you are right...what a wonderful resource this place is for us all...right from beginners to seasoned bear makers..we are all learning from each other. This place has such a positive vibe and I for one one get withdrawal symptoms if a day or two goes past and I don't get in here. It's such a breath of fresh air from all the yukky stuff that's going on in the world.
I have learned a heap in here too. :clap:

Board footer