Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Black Forest Bears Haus of Bears, Inc.
Largo,Florida

Hi there,

I have a question about E-Bay bidding.
My Bear I listed at a starting bid of $ 0.99 ( with reserve ), now I have 3 bids on him, but it still stayed on $ 0.99.
How is that possible?

Rita

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I know this...I know this...

My first question...is it the same person who has placed bids? (You can click on the bid history and see who has bid on your item).   If so then they only increased the amount they are willing to bid (proxy bidding) so the bids won't increase until someone else bids.  The bids only go up when someone else bids or when the reserve is met...lets say they meet the reserve amount with their high bid then it will immediately jump to that amount...if they bid over that amount it will only go up to that reserve amount until someone else bids.  Bids only go in increments set by the dollar amount you are currently at.  I can't remember the exact breakdown but as the dollar amount increases the increments increase.

Am I making any sense?

Largo,Florida

Thanks Shantell for the Info,
it makes perfect sense, it is the same person bidding

Rita

Pipa UK

the person who put the first bid on has just increased her maximum bid hence the "3 bids"  bear_laugh

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Makes sense, but it's still weird though. I would want it to go up if I had 3 bids. Even if they were from the same person.
Never tried and auction with a reserve before. Not sure if I like that or not. Let us know how it turns out.
Heather

Pipa UK

ebay doesn't let you outbid yourself so she must have put the 0.99 bid on and then thought "oh i will put some more on incase someone tries to outbid me"

it never used to add the bids like that until recently. if you increased your maximum bid it just increased it and didn't add to the bid history. but it does now. !!   :D

i cant see the point in it.  bear_rolleyes

Largo,Florida

Here is the Listing I was talking about.
I still dont understand why it shows 3 bids, since only 1 person bid on it.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZdusty-parrotQQhtZ-1

Rita

Densteds Densteds
Website

Hi Rita,
The person has gone in & raised her original bid, she might have only put say $10 then decided she could afford $20, and finally thought someone might still outbid her so she put another amount in. None of these amounts will show on the auction until another person places a bid. That's probably about as clear as mud, but it's a bit hard to explain...

hugs,
Denise.

Board footer