Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Pages:
Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hello all,

This is just a quick and official note to advise you, our precious readership, of my resignation as a Help Advisor here at Teddy Talk. 

I've been here at Teddy Talk since our very beginnings and helped forge the foundations of TT, along with Sue Ann, and with Quy designed the look of TT, and did the masthead -- I've been so involved here, so deeply -- so my resignation leaves me somewhat wistful.  Still, wistful or not... it's time.

Please, those of you with active imaginations... know that there's no drama or icky stuff behind my decision.  Like everyone else, I need to evolve from what was into what will be, entering a new phase of my personal and professional life.  It's just the natural progression of things.  Please don't imagine firings, arguments, fallings out, bad feelings, or any other bleak motives for my decision to resign.  My resignation has nothing to do with any specific person, event, thread, topic, or circumstance, and I wasn't asked to leave this position -- I chose to.  It's just time, after several years of attentive care of this forum, and way too much time spent here if I'm being honest with myself!, for me to focus my attention more fixedly elsewhere.  Like on making bears again, perhaps.  That would be a nice re-focusing.

:)

I'll still be popping by and posting to TT with regularity -- I'm not "leaving" TT, and this is not goodbye! -- but now I'll visit here with nothing but joy in my heart, and without the sometimes-burdensome responsibility and sense of obligation that has always accompanied my time here.  From here on out I'll only post when I have something I really want to say and think will help, and not because I "need to" due to my role here -- which has happened on occasion in the past.  I'm very, very glad to be out from under that pressure.  Much as I've loved being an Advisor here, I'm not sure any one who's not in these shoes really appreciates just how hard a job it really is, and how much time it consumes. 

I hope in some way my time here has been positive and helpful and that it's contributed something meaningful to our beloved industry, and to the cause of all things teddy bear!

Sue Ann, Judi, Dilu, and Christine -- along with tech genius Quy and TT's Admin -- will still be available to assist you whenever and however needed.  Please contact them if/when you have questions or concerns.

I'm eternally grateful for all the wonderful gifts my time at Teddy Talk has brought me, not the least of which is a huge armful of friends of the truest and most real kind, and connections with bear lovers the world over.

Fondly,
"'Regular" Shel   bear_grin

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

So, yer "Just Plain Shel" now, eh? Way to go!!! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

We all have to know when to make changes in our lives. Some are easier than others. Some come with many blessings, some are bitter sweet.

Glad you'll still be 'around' and proud of you for creating more time in your life to pursue your dreams and goals! I think we all know how much time TT can suck up... not that it's not fun to be here of course!... but your responsibilities as an advisor took even more of your time and that can't be easy after a while!

Thank you for all the hard work, time, compassion and talent you put into making this board what it's become! bear_flower  bear_flower 

Love ya!
Daphne
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

bear_original  Yes, I'm just plain Shel now.  So quit bugging me.  I can't help you!  bear_tongue  :crackup:

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Shelli: I don't know what to say  bear_sad  except that I can understand your need to evolve and nothing stays the same forever. Thankfully, you'll not be leaving TT and will be posting as you you are moved to do so. I've not been a TTer for long, but have always found you very helpful, funny, charming and, of course, very talented. I wish you the very, very, very best. bear_flower

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

There comes a time in everyone's life when they have to make the decision to move on
and it's not always an easy task to take those steps, sometimes it takes great courage.

Congratulations Shelli...I hope the future holds great things for you!

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Thank you Shelli for all your hard work in getting TT up and running and for your insightful comments on your postings. I for one am looking forward to seeing more Potbelly bears!!!!
All the best in your future endeavours what ever they may be
Hugs
Gail  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Ah Shelli - It sounds like this decision is the right one for you, and a happy one.  So, I'm happy for you. 

I want to thankyou for all your time, and effort you have put into TT.  I'm certain that it wouldn't be the same had you not jumped on board so eagerly.

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug: We all luv ya here!
Danni

Dilu Posts: 8,574

bear_cry

:hug:  :hug:  bear_flower

AndreaM Drea's Bears
Ontario

Thank you Shelli, for helping make TT everyting that it is now.
I'm glad you will still be popping by and I can't wait to see what comes next for you!
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

AndreaM bear_flower

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

I'll be looking for many, many more "Lenora's" from you "regular" Shel!!!  You've been a terrific adviser.

Biggest Hugs...

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Thanks for being here for us all as help advisor and welcome to Teddy Talk as "just Shelli"! :hug:  :hug:

"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end!"

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

My sincerest thanks to you Shelli for all the help you have given to people individually and to the groups as a whole in your capacity of advisor.  Your contribution has certainly helped to make TT the terrific place it is for all bearmakers to come, whether beginners or advanced.  We are so lucky to have this resouce for advice and friendship, and it is people like you that have made sure it got its great foundations.  Hope to still hear lots from you on different topics.

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Thank you Shelli, for all you have done here at Teddy talk -  your great contribution to this wonderful
forum has been greatly appreciated.
Look forward to hearing more from you as regular Shel and seeing more of your fabulous bears.

Warmest bear hugs and best wishes.

Hugs
Carolyn

:hug:  bear_flower  :hug:

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

I will miss your long winded, level headed posts trying to keep us all on a positive, upbeat track.  Kudos for a job well done!
Donna

KiddoBears KiddoBears
California

Shelli,I will miss bear_sad  you,take care,Thank You for your support. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug: shellli until you come bye and drop us a line.

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Excuse me?  (Knocking on the computer screen.)  Excuse me?  Resigning?  Wha?  Huh?   bear_wacko  bear_wacko

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

It seems you have given this alot of thought Shelli. I know that you will be missed, as you have given so much of your knowledge to us at TT and I thank you for that.
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Shelli, you have been a helpful adviser - very true and kind  bear_wub
I will miss you posts too! they were a-learning-book to read.  bear_grin great English.  :clap: and very helpful advises.

It's great you will be here from time to time. I enjoy seeing your bears and dolls.
Good luck Shelli!  :hug:  bear_wub

Hugs, Julia  :hug:

FenBeary Folk FenBeary Folk
Pointon Fen, Lincolnshire, UK

Congratulations on your retirement as an advisor, I am sure that it was a hard decision to make, to let a child go is the hardest thing, I am not going to say you will be missed because that sounds as if you are going for good and I sincerely hope you are not. bear_wub

I will say that I do look forward to your continued help (when you have time and when you choose)

You see you forgot 1 thing..............once a giver always a giver :hug:  :hug:

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

I don't blame you one little bit for wanting a bit of time and freedom....being involved in such things as Teddy Talk does take time..even being an active member requires regular input and I feel bad if I don't continually post congratulations, and thanks ..and welcomes...and oooohs and aaaahs...and I end up not joining in at all on such things for fear of hurting someone who I left out...so I totally understand your need to break free from feeling like you have to comment.....

Enjoy your new freedom Shelli... :clap:  :clap:

Cat Gabriel Cat Gabriel Crafts
Melbourne, Australia

Thanks for all your hard work Shelli, I look forward to seeing some new bear creations  bear_original

dusty attic dusty attic bears
somerset

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  I think every thing has been said already, But Thank you for all of your hard work  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Oh that's a shame. bear_sad   Ah well, onwards and upwards lady!  Whatever you do you will always bring your special Shellinness to it, I'm sure xx  bear_flower

clare14 Country Bears
England

I too would like to thank you Shel, from the bottom of my heart for all your help.    :hug:  :hug:    Of course we fully understand, even coming here to read and catch up on news takes up bear creating time, but I love it here and life wouldn't be the same without TT!!   I would like to thank also each HA, they do a wonderful job, thank you all!!

Now come on, we wanna see some Potbelly bears!!!!   :dance:  :dance:  bear_wub

Pages:

Board footer