Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Pages:
elle Ellifolks
Eastern Ma.
Website

Good luck to you, Shelli!!!  Thank you so much for all your work in TT and all your help!  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

Hugs,

Ellen

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Phew Shelli! I was worried there for a while. I am so pleased that nothing has happened to upset you. Thank you so much for all your hard work here on TT, it's been an honour having you as one of our wonderful advisors all this time.

ThanksShelli3.jpg

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Thank you for all you've done as a help advisor Shelli ! :hug:  :hug:
For me, that's really wonderful to know you will have more time for the fantastic Potbelly bears !  bear_wub

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

Dear Shelli, I totally understand your decision and I too want to say a heart felt thank you for all your help here at TT and generally - you really are the best  :hug:  :hug:

Catherine
xx

samanthapotter Mary Myrtle Miniatures
Cheltenham, UK
Website

Thank you so much for all your hard work Shelli, in helping to make TT what it is today - a thriving, exciting, supportive and friendly little community.  I'm sure we all completely understand that life has to move on - we cannot stick with something forever out of obligation or force of habit.  I 100% respect your courage in being able to step back from something you have had such a big hand in creating.  I look forward to seeing all the new bears you will be able to make with your extra time!! :crackup:  :crackup:
Make sure you still post though because I truly LOVE reading what you hae to say - you have such an amazing way of expressing what we are all thinking, and yet the rest of us struggle to put it into words!! :hug:
Thank you Shelli. bear_flower  :hug:

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton

Thanks Shelli! I'm sure at times this has felt like a thankless job being a "bear folk wrangler" but your support and love of the craft has been a great example to many. :clap:
Now...get to work!

Cheryl bear_flower

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website

I totally agree with everything that has already been written, and in particular with what Samantha has said.  You work magic with words and write so brilliantly!   :clap:  :clap: I have really enjoyed reading everything you have to say and I always end up thinking "why couldn't I have said it like that!!" 

So thank you Shelli for all your hard work and all the help you have given to everyone.  Now you can relax a little and take a well deserved rest  ...   but not for long we hope! 

Hugs

Marilyn bear_flower

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Thank you for your time and all that you have done for us here at TT. Good luck with the future, and all those wonderful art pieces you will design !

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

I don't know if I can add to what's already been said Shelli.  Good luck with your new found TIME!   I TOTALLY understand your decision and I know we'll see you around here!!   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Shelli... I just want to say thanks for your HUGE part in making TT what is is today.   :hug:  :clap:

Marilyn wrote:

I always end up thinking "why couldn't I have said it like that!!"

Oh... ABSOLUTELY!!!!!  I second that Marilyn! 

Kim Basta

puca bears puca bears

I second that too, "just Shel"...
you have an amazing way with words and always manage to state perfectly and succinctly, what the rest of us sometimes struggle with expressing.
I can well imagine that you have decided you need more time for yourself and your endeavours.....
All I can say is thankyou for all your friendliness, and wisdom, help - you name it.....

and I'm VERY glad you'll still be around
big huggies
Maria :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Ah nuts, Jane...now I'm in dire need of chocolate and not a bit in the house!   bear_laugh

Shelli, I've just 'retired' myself from having moderated a different forum for nigh on three years.  Believe me, I realize just how much goes on 'behind the scenes' and how much heart and soul you've poured into this board.   :hug:  :hug:   It may feel a tad strange at first, but the relief of realizing you can come on and let things skate if you want, the knowledge that its up to others to 'fix' it, is very very freeing. 

bear_original   I'm truly looking forward to your new bears, and seeing where your soaring imagination takes you  bear_flower   And many, many, many thanks for all the time, and effort you've put forth to keep the balance on this forum   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Stellajella Wien

Shelli,
before I forget: THANX A LOT for the time and efforts you put into you being a help advisor  :hug:

I need to tell you my first thought when I read your post: OH MY GOD, SHE´S A HUMAN BEING!
Finally I found that out, because you are one example of women, who make me stand ( or rather sit) in awe, getting a dizzy head by the mere thought of how much you achieve in your life.
You have a home and hubby and kids to look after, to learn with them, cook for them, wash, clean and iron for them, have time for them and do funny things with them, * taking a deep breath befor I faint with a blue head*
you produce the most wonderful teddy bears and dolls, impress with gorgeous ATCs and other works of art, find time to chat and give advices in 1001 forums, hit the nail on the head with your posts on TT, are always kindhearted and always find friendly words even when others cannot.
I already wondered, HOW you can manage that ...

I wish you good luck in your refocusing and don´t forget :  :photo:
...because I hope to see some new creations of yours soon!!

Gaby :hug:

Jane Perala Jane Perala Designs Ltd.
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada

You go girl!! (not literally - just figuratively!)  :clap: 
Thanks for a job well done Shelli.  Hope to see many more Potbelly bears in the near future.

Teddy Talk Teddy Talk
California
Website

As you already know, Shelli Heinemann, one of TT's original Help Advisors, has resigned her position.  We would like to take this opportunity to publicly express our appreciation for her dedication, loyalty, time, and hard work in helping this forum become an important gathering place for all those connected to the teddy bear world.  We are saddened that she will no longer be contributing her considerable talents in the role of Help Advisor, but understand her need to prioritize her activities.  She will continue to visit TT and post as time permits and we welcome her ongoing participation.  TT wishes Shelli all the best in her professional and personal endeavors and thank her for helping establish this forum's significance.

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

I've already privately given you my big old polarfleece blanket bear hug!!!  But I'd look like a big goober if I didn't publicly say thank you for all you've done to make this a wonderful forum, for all your hardwork both where we can all see it but also behind the scenes. 

Now get busy and get us some Potbelly Bears!!!

THANK YOU!!!   bear_flower   bear_flower   bear_flower   bear_flower

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

I second what's already been said!  You're not leaving TT, you're just switching gears  bear_thumb  You'll still be you and your posts will still be yours, that can't change.  Looking forward to seeing more of your lovelies and new rascals!! bear_flower  :hug: 

:hug:
~Chrissi

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Gee, you guys; you really know how to make a (cynical) girl (not prone to such things) blush.   :redface:  bear_whistle  bear_original

Thank you for your sweet sentiments, so very, very much.  I treasure you and your kindness.  But don't worry; I'll still be around to annoy the crap out of some of you, and hopefully, to cheerlead and virtually hug the rest.  As regular Shel... the same person, but without the HA hat on.

For DebbieD... a special thanks for your unique and empathetic understanding of forum moderation.  "Freeing" is right!  I have put down the tool belt.  No more repairs for this bearmaker!

Happy bearmaking to all,
Shel

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Thank you for all you have always done!!! Your a great & very talented lady!!
:clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

PS  Just FYI, my inbox is currently full, so if you're trying to contact me, please send me eMail instead!

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

All the best with your bear making and we will no doubt see you around.
This makes me wonder if any more photo shop challenges will be around- I eventually found the snow flake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! never mind trying to put it all together.You have sure made me put on the thinking cap and tackle a few more things that I would not have attempted in the past. Living and learning the Shel way.

Lynette

Teddy Tales My Teddy Tales
Massachusetts

Thank you for all your hard work!!!!! Looking forward to seeing you create  your wonderful bears again.  God bless

calabear Cala Bear Den
Winnipeg, MB

Oh Shelley you will be missed.  You've been a great help and insightful and sometimes we come to the conclusion it's time to move on to bigger and better things.  Life is so short and time runs fast so I know i like to fill my day/week/month with a lot of things, but sometimes there just isn't enough time.   As per my absence in months.

I wish you luck in your new endeavours and look forward to "seeing" you in the forum.
45.gif
hugs. :hug:  :hug:

MKinsey/TBF Teddy Bear and Friends
Lancaster PA

MKinsey/TBF Editor of Teddy Bear and Friends

Ditto. You rock, lady. Thank you for all you've done.

Mindy

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Well Shelli! I admire you for having put in so much work and effort over the years.

Also from the bottom of Garnets and my hearts, we wish to thank you for those efforts.

You will be missed very much but I am so glad to hear you will be popping in from time to time.

Have a cup of Java and relax. You deserve it!!

Hugs Louise and Garnet

Pages:

Board footer