Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

rhubert.JPGYesterday while out shopping I went into an Op. shop or 2nd hand shop and found this bear.

He was sitting amongst all the Made in China bears (poor thing) and I just had to rescue him.

He is made from German mohair, lilac tipped and he is quite a large bear.  He measures 40cm or 18".
I have given him a face trim, a new bow and a brush.  I have named him Rhubert and he is sitting on my bed looking so happy, and I am happy too.  He will be my "feel good bear"because it just felt so good to save him. 

Only fellow bear makers will understand my sentiments...  bear_wub

The cost for him was AUD$3.00.

bettys bears Melbourne

Denise bear_thumb
He is one very lucky bear. Now he has someone to love him
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wow, Denise . . . what a find!!  It looks like an artist made bear and really cute!  I'd say you made a very good purchase and I'm sure Rhubert agrees!

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

NO WAY ! ! !  $3.00 ! ! !   What a lucky find.  He is quite a handsome bear..

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

awww he really does look like an artist bear too, I am just like you about having to save bears.  When I used to buy teddies when I was young I always picked a bear at the back of the shelf because I thought they would be forgotten!

Catherine
x

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

What a great find Denise, and what a lucky bear to have you rescue him.  He could probably tell a few stories as to who made him and how he ended up in an "Op Shop".

kerrenmorris K M Bears
UK
Website

How sad, I would hate to find one of my bear had been sent to a second hand shop. I am glad you rescued him poor thing,
Hugs Kerren  bear_thumb

Mikki Mikki, Cripple Creek Creative
Bethel, Ohio

Denise,
Most excellent....these poor little guys have feelings and need homes...thank you for rescuing him..........Mikki

Board footer