Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Its 4 am ....and can't sleep, too many things running through my mind !!! Like ...how will I fit all my stuff in a condo ? GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !! Need to sleep . Have to get ready for work at 6 am. What is every one doing ? I guess you over seas friends are up now. bear_grin

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

Jodi..I regularly get up at 4am!!! It's the best time for bear making...no phones, no interuptions..except for the milk lady waving at me as she goes by with the milk !!!! I love it!!

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

Hello,

Its 8.00pm here in Aussieland....just about time for me to go and have a shower and then settled into bed with my book..

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

It is 11.15pm here and I am just about getting ready for bed.

Sorry you are not able to sleep Jodi and I hope that you will not be too tired for work.

You are lucky to still have a milk delivery over there Jenny, they stopped our home milk delivery years ago.

Nighty night or Good morning to you all!

Hugs
Carolyn

bear_flower

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Yea.... milk men here were about 5o years ago !!!

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz  bear_tongue

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Jodi, I was up at 4:00 am too but it was because of my restless leg syndrome.  Eeeek.  We could have had a chat if I'd known. 

Jenny, it's true, the last time I remember having a milkman was probably early 60's.  He used to leave the milk on our porch in glass bottles. We had a bread truck too called Peter Wheat.

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

I love having the milk delivered every morning..and it's in glass bottles too!!..Which you have to wash and leave out for the milk lady to pick up!!!

I remember as a child having the baker call at our house..and the butcher..with  baskets to choose from, and the greengrocery van ...and a hardware man who sold polish and brooms and buckets and stuff...

Lovely memories!!

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

I was up at 4:00 a.m. too Jodi - just getting ready to go to bed.  I can't get up early, but I love to stay up late , especially if I have bears on the go.   Unfortunately I have three pieces I'm trying to finish up and have ended up with bronchial pneumonia, compliments of our germ infested grandson.  He gets sick when everyone has to work and I get to babysit, which I really don't mind, but I am going to start looking for a mask  :crackup:

hugs,

Brenda

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

I was up at 4am...up in bed just like Paula counting  ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ   bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin  bear_grin

No joking apart I get up around 7am as I can't lay any longer because of back pain. I always come onto Teddy Talk and see what you've all been up to whilst I was in bed (I won't say sleeping because I don't get much sleep.
Anyhoo it's 7.12 pm now and I've spent the afternoon making monkey toes and fingers..whoopee only another sixteen to make.  bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko

Hugs Jane.  bear_flower

Teddy Tales My Teddy Tales
Massachusetts

Patty my husband has restless leg syndrome. He takes recrip. I think I spelled it right! Are you taking anything for it. Ohh It's awful to have, your up all night and your legs just wont stop. Before he started taking medication he just walked around all night evey night.   Good luck to you.

Kelly Blondheart
Colorado Springs, Colorado

I always stay up til 5 am.  I like to work at night when it's quiet.

wazzabears Wazza Bears Australia
Bulli

I do myself. I have a show this weelend in Melbourne and I have only one bear finished. i stayed of houp all night Monday night. caught a couple hourrs sleep yesterday while kids were at school. I am getting there. All the bears are just waiting for faces. So I am trying not to go on here to much. But all and all i like working during the night, its so quite and I can get heaps done

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

It's fun to hear how all of you 'function'.

At 4am this morning I was likely in the midst of an awful dream. I've been having very detailed, full-color, tragic  early morning dreams for the past week or so. The events, I know, come from worries or experiences in my conscious daily life. But these dreams have resulted in a very unrested state when I get up in the morning and the bags under my eyes tell all! I have to get up from these dreams and read or watch TV to get the details out of my head! I wish they'd stop!

Jenny.... my mom was just telling me tales about the ice man who used to deliver to their house. And the coal man with his shiny black lumps of coal for the furnace. She'd love to live where you do!!! So would I!

Patty... my mom has RLS and I'm not sure that she's taking anything for it but started doing foot soaks (soaking feet in warm water with mineral salts for 15 minutes) before bed and after the first week found much relief from RLS as her leg muscles were relaxed. I'll warn you if you try this that the first 3 or so nights her RLS was just as bad and when I started doing it I got muscle cramps the first few nights. Those old leg muscles aren't used to relaxing! Now it's wonderful and helps me sleep too.

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

I think at 4 in the morning I am in snooze land as within an hour the dogs get restless, especially with summer here and it getting so light in the morning.

When we still had my precious Jessie, she would start barking as soon as it got light, this set the rest of the gang off and we had no option but to take them out for their walk.I think the neighbors cursed us as this then got all the dogs in the neighbor hood going.

Dont most dreams take place early in the morning ???

Lynette

Summer5 Pawssibles
Loon Lake, Saskatchewan

Hi Jodi,

Thought I was an early riser at 5 am most mornings, but you beat me.  When things are on your mind it is difficult to sleep.  I just think oh well tonite I will sleep for sure.... bear_flower

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

My DH & several friends take varying dose amounts of Requip - As the person in the other half of our (very small!!) double bed, I can tell you that it makes a huge difference in the quality of my sleep! Ask your Dr about it.

And Patty, what a memory that brings back! The Peter Wheat bread man!! We had one here too in suburban Chicago, in the late 40s & 50s. My folks never bought comic books so we 7 REALLY looked forward to that little freebie!

Board footer