Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Barling Bears Barling Bears
Nr. Maidstone, Kent
Website
matilda wrote:

How on earth do you do that Paula?  I'm in my second day trying to make a 6 incher.  bear_grin  bear_grin

I know just what you mean Matilda!  I think Paula works at least 48 hours a day!!! 

Love all the sneak previews and it's going to be a fantastic event!

Well done everyone!

Marilyn bear_flower

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

bear_grin  Blood, sweat and tears girls!  (And cake ... bear_happy )

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I WANT CAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:crackup:
Heres another from Matilda Huggington-beare for the BAO winter warmer
BAOWWMH-bearesneakypeak.jpg
try and guess what this is?  :crackup:  :crackup:
spotyas Wendy

Kent
Website

What a great pic Wendy!!!!  Did you get your cake?  I just munched some carrot and sultana cake .. ooooh yum!!

Here's my very last, I'm worn out, final, end of, not doing any more so there, Winter Warmer bear! bear_tongue

Toddypreview.jpg

Yay, only a few more days to go!!!!  I hope Penny's coping with the strain!!!!  Way to go Penn!!!  bear_thumb  :clap:  :clap:

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

I've been following the thread, the bears are all fantastic! (So, cake is the secret, huh Paula??? bear_laugh  And Sultana cake! My dad makes it every Christmas from my great grandmother's recipe.  Must try it before bear making bear_grin )

I'm prepping for 3 shows this month, so I've just taken my photos today (nothing like the last minute! -eek-)

Here are my sneaky peeks  bear_original

:hug:
~Chrissi

WINTER_WARMER_SNEAK.jpg
WINTER_WARMER_SNEAK2.jpg

WA

carrot and sultana cake .. ooooh yum!!

I knew there must be a secret weapon  bear_grin  I didnt get cake but I can recommend lemon tarts.  bear_grin
Here is a sneaky peak of my last. AND NO he's not finished yet. aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!
I am in trouble big time I bet. He will be finished before the day ends. HONEST. I just seriously needed a bit of a break.
Great sneaky peaks Paula and Chrissi.
BLOGsneakypeakyRetroduck.jpg
and NO he's not a poop duck, though I do understand how you could get that impression. bear_grin
Wendy

Kent
Website

Ooh, Chrissi, they have such gentle expressions!   bear_wub Gorgeous!  Good luck with the shows!!  bear_thumb

Wendy, you have me chuckling at the screen again ... I can't wait to see this one finished ... heaven only knows what he will be when the tarts hit your system!!  :crackup:  :clap:

puca bears puca bears

Not long now - all I have to do is win the lottery this weekend!.....or sell LOTS of bears on Sunday........
big huggies
Maria

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

I just love these sneaky pics of the BAO show bears girls but i am just wondering..............WHERE'S MY CAKE?????????

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

You looking for cake- I thought George Clooney was top of the list  :crackup:
Lynette

tinybear-dk TinyBear
Denmark

HereĀ“s a cake for you Penny
food126.gif

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Here's a preview of my first finished piece - bless Penny for giving an extension!

hugs,

Brenda

preview1.jpg
preview3.jpg

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

I do know I want them all already, friends !  bear_wub  bear_wub Can't wait to be at the show !

Here are some sneaky rear views of mines too bear_original :

teaser01.jpg  teaser02.jpg

And one a little more visible bear_happy (Yes, I just put her as an avatar  bear_innocent )
teaser03.jpg

Hugs !!  bear_original
Marion :hug:

WA

BAOWWMatildaHBeareRETRODUCKbutt.jpg
since his face isnt showing I doubt he will be recognised in a lineup
My last BAO critter :dance:  :dance:  :dance:
Wendy

WA

MMmmm??? not many clues Brenda, hahaha :dance:  :dance:

russellbears Russell Bears
Perth
Website

bao-peek.jpgHi to everyone,
Everyone's creations look wonderful, this is so exciting, loved the last show and can't wait for the next one, 7 more sleeps to go  :dance:
Big thanks to Penny for the deadline extension, sounds like we all needed it  bear_thumb
Here is one of my sneaky peeks, Hudson, he's a little bit shy at the moment!!
C U
Kim

WA

I cant wait for him to turn around Kim. I just love your bears faces :dance:

Perth
Website

Thanks Wendy, I am also intrigued by your new critters, can't wait to see them. I have just finished a Bunyip which I am really pleased with, talk about stepping out of my comfort zone!!!
Do you know what time we kick off here in Perth on show day?
Have we ever met at the Perth craft fairs, I've been trading for the last couple of years quite consistantly?

Kent
Website

Wendy, your puddleduck is as cute as cute can be!  Nope, you can't disguise that cuteness by turning her around!!!

Kim, what a gorgeous bear!  I love the pose!!! 

Oh boy oh boy oh boy ... only seven more days to go!!!!  I can't wait!!!!  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

WA

Kim, I saw your avatar bear and frog prince at the last fair at Claremont I went to, earlier this year. I was truely impressed but then I have always adored and been impressed with every bear of yours I have had the privilege to hold.   I wanted to introduce myself but was way to shy.  :redface:  bear_grin  bear_grin

Paula, he's not a Puddle duck. He's a 'Qwacker. ' That's why he gets so cross. He just told me to tell you...

" do you see the name 'Jemima' printed on my butt?"

......surly, crotchety wee  qwacker this one!  dont mind him, his quack is louder than his bite. :crackup: quackup :crackup:
Wendy

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Fantastic Thread of I have enjoyed this, good luck everyone. :hug:

I finished my second piece for the BAO warmer -YIPPEE!  Only one more to finish!  Here's a sneak peek.
preview5.jpg
preview6.jpg
                               hugs,

Brenda

Perth
Website

Awww Wendy, why on earth would you be shy, just introduce yourself next time, or maybe put a pic up so I can recognise you. I'm in two minds about trading in November, so not sure whats happening yet, life is sooo full on at the moment!!
Have you been up to the Teddy Tree in Osbourne Park? Have you thought about teaching, with all the different techniques you are using, I'm sure you would be booked out in no time. Let me know if you want some details.
Brenda, your piece looks wonderful, can't wait to see everyones work on the day!!! 5 more sleeps to go :dance:
Kim
Russell Bears

Thansks Kim!  I was trying to get my last piece done tonight but it's not going to happen.   It's almost 4:30 a.m. and I have to get some sleep.  It will be finished tomorrow!

hugs,

Brenda

Kent
Website
matilda wrote:

Kim, I saw your avatar bear and frog prince at the last fair at Claremont I went to, earlier this year. I was truely impressed but then I have always adored and been impressed with every bear of yours I have had the privilege to hold.   I wanted to introduce myself but was way to shy.  :redface:  bear_grin  bear_grin

Paula, he's not a Puddle duck. He's a 'Qwacker. ' That's why he gets so cross. He just told me to tell you...

" do you see the name 'Jemima' printed on my butt?"

......surly, crotchety wee  qwacker this one!  dont mind him, his quack is louder than his bite. :crackup: quackup :crackup:
Wendy

Hmmn, you're right, he's no Jemima!!! Wendy, you have me laughing out loud here on the other side of the planet!!!  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Board footer