Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Deb Upstate New York

I was just doing some shopping at Intercal.com and noticed the menu item on the left called English-Style Specials, and in other places, references to the Norton mill closing.  Does this mean they'll be carrying only the Hembold?  Norton Weaving is still in the Who's Who section.

:doh:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

The Norton Mill is definitely closed but guess that part of Who's Who hasn't been updated yet.  Think Helmbold has started finishing some of its fur like Norton did.  The "H" and "V" finishes, for instance, were created by Norton but are now done by Helmbold.  Think Intercal may have some original pieces of Norton fur left, but when they're gone - they're gone.

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Does that mean they will become a collectors item.  You could charge big money for a bear made out of fabric that is now extinct. aye bear_original :thumbsup:Mmmmmmmm......think about it...... bear_original

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

Oh, believe me Fran, I've thought about that one!!  Whenever I make a bear from original Norton fur, I always make a note of it in the decsription saying that the fur will become a collectible!  :dance:

Deb Upstate New York

Just curious SueAnn ~ is there any mohair you haven't tried?   :lol:

My question/confusion I guess was whether or not selection would be reduced, etc.  And I guess I don't need all these Norton samples I have.   Well, not for ordering anyway.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

There's probably not much mohair that I haven't tried, Deb!  :dance:  And I have a house full of fur, including a lot of original Norton, which I'm slloooowwwllllyy using!  bear_thumb  Johnna would probably be able to tell you what Norton fur they might have left if you're interested.

Board footer