Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

berry lane bears Berry Lane bears
essex

Hi everyone ,  bear_thumb
I am a newbie and what a fantastic friendly site this is.
I have been using the copic marker pens and the aircan system with it ,but do you have to heat set this after as i find when handling the bears you still get some rub off. Any suggestions any one.
Angela bear_grin

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

I use the Copic pens - never found any rub off and don't heat set it. Are you using it on mohair?

Marion

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

It is recommended that you do heat set the copic dye.  I use a blow dryer.  Some people put them in a very low oven.  I have done it both ways heat setting and not setting.  I only had one that the color faded until I heat set it.
Donna

berry lane bears Berry Lane bears
essex

Hi Marion and Donna ,
I am using mohair , but I will try the heat setting with a blow dryer , My husband says i burn everything in the oven,so I don.t think I'll
chance that ,

Angela

MerBear MerBear Originals
Brockville, Ontario

have you tried to do a search on the board using "copic markers"? There is a lot of prior information that might be useful to you.
I also have the airbrush system but do really use it since I prefer to just use the markers themselves.

Marion

Board footer