Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

There I was, browsing the magazines in Barnes an Noble, blissfully soaking up the coffee aromas wafting about, flipping through the latest Art Doll Quarterly and what did I find suddenly find gazing back at me from the pages but a cute little Potbelly Bear!  Flip the page and there was a delightful creation by Aleta and no less than three of Lisa's adorable Twin Cubs Bear! They were all part of an article titled "Answering the Call: Artful Teddy Bears" and it was , as always, a fun treat to see creations of fellow TTer's in print.    Way to go ladies!!
:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

edited to add: There may have been more TTers in this issue. I definately didn't mean to slight anyone!  Lisa, Aleta and Shelli's bears just jumped out at me as I flipped through the pages. If I did miss anyone  I sincerely apologize and hope you speak up so we can applaud you too!

hugs,

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

I second that Bonnie, Hurrah!!!  to our very talented TT Ladies bear_thumb
Way to go Girlies!

:dance:

Hugs
Carolyn

bear_flower

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I was sooo excited to stumble on that, too, while in SF this last weekend.  ADQ had sent me a note a while back, informing me that my bear had been accepted for publication.  But I didn't realize the issue was out until I was at a bookstore away from home, just yesterday.  It was a huge thrill to make an appearance in a new publication, and extra exciting that Lisa and Aleta were both featured so beautifully, too.  I was also really excited to see some work from artists with whom I'm less familiar -- or don't know at all -- who are cranking out some really cute little bears.  The more the merrier! 

Thanks so much for the kind notice; it's very appreciated.   bear_flower

valewoodbears Valewood Bears
Yorkshire
Website

Congratulations to all, brilliant news  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Pauline

bearlykidzbears Bearly Kidz Bears
Lodi, Ca.

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Congrats girls, thats fab news.  :hug:  :hug:

duff Deedle Bears
Dallas

Ladies, this is great news and well deserved,  I will be out looking for the magazine this week!

Duff

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Hugs &

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Thanks!  I'll run out today and pick one up.

Congrats Ladies!!!!   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Lisa q.D.paToOtieS
Near Fredericksburg, VA

Thanks everyone for all the sweet comments.  I am really blushing here!!! :redface:  :redface:  :redface: I love making my quirky little bears and I just hope that shows.  I knew back in May that my bears were going to be featured and had to keep it a secret all this time.  I had done a Gourd Doll for their magazine which was featured in the Autumn issue.  When Michelle, the editor, went to my website she saw all the bears and asked that I send in several for the Artful Bear Issue.  Let's just say that I was truly honored that she thought enough of my work to ask me to send them in to her.

I wish I could find a copy of the magazine but have not as of yet.  I saw my friends at my Soft Cloth Doll club meeting and they were jumping up and down telling me that I had a whole page?  I still didn't get to see it because they left their issues home because they didn't think I was coming to the meeting.  I was driving to the Hunt Valley Show and just stopped by to pick up the pattern for our next project.

Anyway, long story short, I'm truly, truly honored and I'm definitely going to be on a hunt for the new issue so I can see all the other wonderful bears by Shelli, Aleta, Nancy Dotigney, and all the other artists.  Kudos to all who took the time to send in their work!

P.S.  I also heard through the grapevine that their is a Sock Animal challenge in this issue?  Put on your thinking caps!!!

Hugs,
Lisa

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Yep, Lisa you did get a whole page! Yay you! :dance:

Shelli wrote:

I was also really excited to see some work from artists with whom I'm less familiar -- or don't know at all -- who are cranking out some really cute little bears.  The more the merrier!

I agree!  ADQ is always chock full of creative, fun, funky, and beautiful creations ~I love art dolls~ but it was really great to see so many wonderful teddies there  too! bear_thumb  :dance:

dusty attic dusty attic bears
somerset

:clap:  :clap:  :dance: CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE.

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Congratulations to all of you!  I will be looking for the ADQ next time I'm in Chapters!

hugs,

Brenda

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

:redface:  :redface:  :redface:
Thank you.  I'm honored to be included in such a fabulous magazine with my friends and other incredibly talented artists.  It makes me feel all sparkly to get a nod from such an esteemed publication.

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Big Congrats, everyone! You must all be floating on air. Can't wait to get my copy. I'm thrilled to know so many talented bear celebrities. :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

samanthapotter Mary Myrtle Miniatures
Cheltenham, UK
Website

Congratulations ladies!!!!  Thats wonderful news!!!   :dance:  :clap:  :dance:  :clap:
I'll go and order my copy now - I always buy it from www.joggles.com
I can highly recommend Joggles if anyone is struggling to find a copy.  I can't wait to see all the bears!!!!

karenaus Melbourne
Website

oh congratulations everyone! :clap:  I will have to go order a copy right now hehe Can't wait to see it!

tinybear-dk TinyBear
Denmark

Congratulations to all of you
That is great news
and so well deserved.
:clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Board footer