Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Spiracy Hvalsø

Out of curiosity, how did you come up with the name for you and your bears?

If there is a fun story behind it, please feel free to share it  bear_original

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Hiya. I think someone posted a similar question ages ago, but with lots of new members, a great post.

My name, Pandy Potter is what my dad called me when I was little. Pandy rhymes with Mandy and the Potter bit? Well we do live in the Potteries (Stoke) and I suppose it rhymes as well. I also had a panda for my first Christmas so there is a panda connection. Years ago I used to be Bramble Bears but someone else had the name after and so when I came to start mini making changed it.

burlisonbears Burlison Bears
Louisville, Kentucky

bear_grin Mine's pretty obvious...Burlison Bears. Burlison is my last name. If you're a teddy bear artist with a last name starting with "B" it is so natural to pair it with "Bears". Alliteration works great for a company name.

Gantaeno Je Suis Lugly!
Website

Lol Ummm... yeah, I'm about to sound a bit mad here!

Well, 'Lugly' is a combination of Lovely and Ugly, which is what the lady who does my hair (and is also a family friend!) was called by her late partner bear_tongue The Je Suis part came in because i thought it sounded better than 'I am': I don't speak a word of French in reality!

As for bears (or Sloths) some times the names just come to me, and sometimes I name them and then make them: it builds characters.  I know if the name's wrong if i stop using it!  My first Sloth was called Ai (the sound Sloths make) for ages, until I decided it was horrible... now he's called Poke (as in Slowpoke bear_tongue)

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

My business name is after my 2 gorgeous little boys! I used to call James (who's nearly 6) 'pumpkin' when he was a baby, and I used to call William (now 2) 'pickle' as a baby!!  bear_tongue

DENBY30 DENBY BEARS
EDISON, NEW JERSEY

bear_grin My maiden name  is Den Bleyker, so sometimes friends called me Denby for short, therefore the name Denby Bears, also that den in there is for bears. I like the name, it works for me.

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

"Wild Thyme" comes from my favorite Shakespeare verse....

"I know a bank where the wild thyme blows,
Where oxlips and the nodding violet grows,
Quite over-canopied with luscious woodbine,
With sweet musk roses and with eglantine;
There sleeps Titania sometime of the night,
Lull'd in these flowers with dances and delight;"

I had a children's picture book of Shakespeare when I was a little girl, and this description of a fairy's bed was just sounded SO beautiful to me.  Every time I heard that verse, I just want to GO there!  I still do!

Kim Basta

eatcakevintage Eat Cake! bears and vintage
Ormond Beach, FL

My name is Eat Cake! Which describes to me the best way to have fun, fight the blues, and keep happy thoughts. So Eat Cake! was the best way to describe my bears and other artful creations.

KiddoBears KiddoBears
California

Hi Everyone! bear_flower When I finished my very first bear and had it infront of me I just looked at it and said HiKiddo, when I was asked what I was going to call my bears. I did not have the sligthest idea. I just popped out with HiKiddoBears. But lately I have been planning in changing to: MEBears toward my name or TwinBears,since I am a twin and in memory of my twin brother. But I have still been thinking if I should. :hug:  :hug:

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

My first name is Laura... middle name is Lynn.  I was taking a break at work and doodling...  I ended up entwining the 2 "L's" of my name one beneath the other.  I thought it would be a great logo, and so named my biz Teddies by Laura Lynn

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Well Doodlebears comes from two things really. When I first start to design a new bear I sit and make a doodle picture of roughly what I want the finished bear to look like. The second thing is when my son David was little I called him Daydy-doodles, so Doodlebears it is!

Hugs, Jane.  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

My great love is old bears and my favourite style to make is old vintage style bears.  I have the most gorgeous pair of vintage babies "bootbutton" little leather boots, and I often used to display them with my bears before I started creating them for sale.    The old bootbutton boots, with those million tiny buttons up the side, have always facinated me, and so when I was trying to come up with a unique name,  BootButtonBears  seemed to feel right.  It has all the B's you could wish for!!!!

heartsez Hearts Ease Bears
Fairfax,Vermont

well....heartsease is the actual name of he pansy..which i have always adored,,and then i lost my dad and my alaskan malamute the following year..there was a period of change ( divorce ) and some depression whilst i decided what to do with my life! i got another malamute who had (as a baby many of them do) a heart shaped mask on his face,,,presto...he was Ice winds Hearts Ease..and as he and the bears eased my heart,,it became my business name!heart.jpg    deb

Board footer