Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I've got a new website!!!

:dance:

After 4 long years of the same boring appearance I've completely redone my site! My webdesign and graphic skills are still hovering at the beginner level with just enough knowledge to make a complete mess of things!
:crackup:
But I think I've done OK!

There are new features including a

Supply Shop

stocked with mohair! A shopping cart to make all purchases easier right from my site! And

......New Bears

just added today!!

I invite you to come by and have a look around, let me know if I missed correcting any "goofs" (the link to my blog doesn't work yet... gotta mess around with my blog first!) and what you think of the new look.

www.backroadbears.com

Thank you for taking the time to look!  :hug:

PS... LINKS..... I know there are many of you I've missed linking to! Please let me know if you already have a link from your site to mine so that I can reciprocate. Also, If you'd like to swap links please let me know!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

VERY nice, Daphne.  I know you must have spent so many hundreds of hours on that makeover.  It's beautiful!   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland
Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

It's great Daphne!!! I'm very impressed. It's got such a nice look and flow.
I spent a great deal of time studying your show application PDF. Sounds like you put on a couple of great shows and your table prices are great!

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

Looks great, very easy to browse!!!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Shel.... when I think of all the bears I could have made in the time it took me to re-do my site..... bear_wacko .... well, you know how it is! But I had fun and always learn lots of new things about FrontPage and Paint Shop Pro in the process!

Kathy & Bron.... Thank you!

Tami.... I'll expect your application in the mail real soon!  :crackup:  Just kidding! But yes, the shows have gotten fantastic feed back and next year's shows promise to be even better and are filling fast so I'm pleased. bear_thumb

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio
Daphne wrote:

Tami.... I'll expect your application in the mail real soon!  :crackup:

I wish I could promise you that!!! I do love shows. And I haven't been to the East Coast since I was a kid. I've never been to Maine or New Hampshire. Starting in January I'm back to my graduate school classes and with my teaching job I'm not sure how much bear work will get done
bear_sad

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Beautiful site, Daphne.

Kathleen Pa

Very nice, easy to navigate. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
Love the dog pics.

Kathleen

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Tami - I was just having fun.... I'd never press anyone to do one of my shows..... just PLEASE find time to make bears now and then in 2008!!!

Marlys & Kathleen..... thank you! I tried to keep it as simple as possible.

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Wonderful site Daphne  bear_thumb great work and I love the colours you have chosen and it showcases your bears well.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

You did an exellent job on your site, Daphne!  Very attractive and lots of goodies there . . . colors are super.   bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

Well done Daphne- I am so impressed that you were able to do it yourself and include so many different goodies like the shopping cart etc Will hopefully get my application and photos off to you shortly for the Maine show next July
Hugs
Gail :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

The talented bear artist- what impressed me the most - THE DOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynette

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

You did a marvelous job on your website ! It's beautiful and really welldone !
I really love the new look !  :hug:

puca bears puca bears

It's a LOVELY site - well done, you! The bears look marvellous...and of course, your dogs bear_wub
huggies
Maria

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Congrats Daphne, your website looks fabulous and professional.  :hug:

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

I love your website Daphne.It is very pleasant to look through.Your dogs are really cute and I have a big soft spot for Ezekiel-he is a lovely bear and his mohair is gorgeous bear_wub  bear_wub
Laurie :hug:

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

It is a wonderful site Daphne. I am really impressed!!~ bear_thumb
Wendy :dance:

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Daphne  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: What a great makeover so easy to navigate and great to look at.

Just a couple of points ()I hope you don't mind me saying) but the link to your blog from your bear page does not work and the link to 'The Underground Bear Factory ~ Anna & Andrea Vey' ..well it comes up on my computer as not found.
Over all your website is fantastic, now do you want to do mine for me...ha, ha!  bear_whistle  bear_whistle

Hugs, Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_thumb

Spiracy Hvalsø

It looks great  bear_thumb Really nice design, the colours go well together, it's easy to read and easy to find the way around the site. Very user friendly  bear_thumb  bear_grin Thats how it is supposed to be bear_original

The Rabbit Maker The Rabbit Maker
England
Website

Hi

Your website looks great and I know had long it takes because I have just done mine. 

I would love to swap links so I will email you with my banner .

Best wishes
Shelly.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Hi Shelly! I'll add your link to my site... I only do artist text links (no graphics) as you'll see on my links page. Hope that's OK! I'll get it updated tomorrow.... off to my parent's for Thanksgiving Dinner! Yum!!!

You are all so kind to take the time to look and give your feedback! bear_flower  bear_flower 

I spent plenty of time checking out other websites... bear artists and others too... and made note of what I did and didn't find pleasing then went ahead with my limited webdesign skills and tried to create something of balance. By your response I think I accomplished what I set out to do! Thank you!!! There are a few things I want to 'tweak' but need to step away from it for a bit.

Jane.... thanks for spotting the broken link to Underground Bear... I"ll get that fixed! The blog link isn't active on the site yet because I need to play around with my blog first... that's tomorrow's job! I just couldn't wait to get my site published any longer! bear_original

The dogs have heard your compliments on their page and cuteness and have decided they'd like their own website! :doh:  :crackup:

heartsez Hearts Ease Bears
Fairfax,Vermont

its terrific daphne! and i know..a boat load of work! great job! beautiful boys!! the furry ones!  deb

ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

Loved it!  Loaded quick and easy to browse.  Well done!!!

Board footer