Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

RaggyRat The RaggyRat Company
Weymouth
Website

he is very sweet !
thanks

cat xxxx

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Hi Ming,

I emailed all the pattern pieces out at the beginning of the challenge.  There was a closing date for applications though, perhaps you missed it?  I have'n't been back to the first thread since the closing date.

K Pawz Guest

ooopps I will add pics of my little one here, sorry I missed this one.
Hugs,
Krista

Weymouth
Website

some of these lovely creatures are missing from the challenge gallery ...
go for it , folks !

cat xxx

K Pawz Guest

Okay here she is again, I had so much fun actually making a bear!! Especially out of this luxurious Sassy Bears imported fur
Hugs,
Krista
KpawzchallengeHeaddesign.jpg

Weymouth
Website

what is that sassy fur? i want to go and see what colours it comes in

nice to see her again !

cat xxx

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Paula, why cant I find the Gallery for this topic?
Wendy

Marlys Waggle Bears
So Cal Desert

Peppermint_tall_tt.jpg    Peppermint_sit_tt.jpgMeet Peppermint, my A-Head of Design Challenge.

I reduced the side head by 10% on the computer, then further reduced by hand starting at the swell of the head at about 1/8 inch to the neck opening at about 1/2 inch. She bigger than I've made in a while at 17.5 inches. The mohair is Shulte and very thick so it was difficult getting all the seams pulled and lined up evenly. If I try this again, I'll use a lesser density.

I'm going to cheat a bit here and also list Peppermint as my Christmas Sweet Challenge.

Weymouth
Website

wel done marlys
shes super !

cat xxx

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

She certainly does look yummmy!! :dance:  bear_grin 
I adore the red you have used. If photographs really well. bear_thumb

Kent
Website

Marlys, what a fun bear for Christmas!  I love the way you've balanced the colours for your bear!  :clap:

I've just checked the 'Ahead of design' challenge gallery and it's still there ... not sure if it disappeared temporarily or not, but it's certainly there today! bear_original

cjsmum Happy Little Souls
Sydney

Well, I've finally finished him (and he was definately born a he).

For Soren I reduced the side head pattern piece about 15%, and I can definately say although he looks like he's from the Happy Little Souls family, he is probably a cousin from overseas  bear_laugh He ended up at 42cm. I wasn't quite sure of him to begin with, but now that he is finished I'm rather chuffed with his shy looks.

sorenswish2.jpg

sorenprofile1.jpg

Can't wait to see more finished challenge friends soon.

KiddoBears KiddoBears
California

thanksgiving-11-22-2007-014.jpgThanksgiving-11-22-2007-015.jpgthanksgiving-11-22-2007-016.jpgHi, Paula I posted my bear on first thread,and here it is again on this one. Hope I did it right and you like it.  I felt happy how it came out.  She is meduim and she is 9 way jointed. Thanks for letting me participate. I also want to mention all the bears in this challenge are just beautiful bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb to all,sorry i could not comment on each indivdually.
She is one of a kind so I will not make any more. I did not make any changes on the side head,I guided myself with the side head and from thier I just made the head gusset how I wanted it.She is  cotter pin fully jointed 9 way. Her dress is hand made. The hardest part for me was what she was going to be. I set her aside for a few days until I decide what she will be a princess,girly clown,etc.
   Hugs to all :hug:  :hug:

Sumien Sumini bears
Johannesburg

Hi,
This is Buh-Luu. I made him from long pile mini fabric and suede paw pads. He measures 3.5 inches in standing. (I shrunk the head panel LOTS)This was my first challenge on TT and I enjoyed it thoroughly.
Sumien

Sumien Sumini bears
Johannesburg

me again!
How on earth do I load the picture of my bear on here???? I'm new to TT and have no idea. Please help?
Sumien

K Pawz Guest

WOW Everyone!!! Awesome work!!!

Yup Peanut is from Sassy Fabrics in the imported section...there are lots to choose from, but for the life of me I can't remeber the length of this one...sorry

Hugs,
Krista

KiddoBears KiddoBears
California

Hi! Sumien,click on edit on your post, "don't click where the teddies are"  go down further where it says " load a photo from your computor",click on browse and your window from where you have your pictures on your computor will show then you choose your picture and submit. I also had alot of trouble loading pictures at first. Hope this helps :hug:   :hug:

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

Good job everyone love those bears, you did a great job Mary, she kind of looks like a ballerina!!

leelth Posts: 12

IMG_7461_1.JPGDSCN6094_1.JPGHi everyone

Here are two of my Friends made for the A-head challenge.
The big one is 22 cm, and the smaller is 12 cm. Both are made from the same type of mohair.
It is always fun to see how different bears can be, made from the same pattern.

Bear hugs from Lena

KiddoBears KiddoBears
California

Thank You Kathy I am gald you like her. I really enjoyed making her :hug:  :hug:
All of the creations are awsome! Wonderful work everyone bear_thumb  bear_thumb to all that have submitted. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug: to all too.

Kent
Website

Wow, Mary!  I wasn't expecting an open mouth bear from that side head pattern!  Did you add a separate mouthpiece?  She's such a sweet faced bear and I love her little shoes.  You've included so much detailing ... well done!! :clap:  :clap:

Lena, what a lovely pair of teds!  I can see my side head pattern clearly and yet you have achieved a look which makes the entire design completely your own.  It's great to see both sizes of bears snuggling together and I love that slightly understuffed look ... congratulations on your end results!! :clap:  :clap:

What is really interesting to me about this challenge so far, is that no-one as yet, has made the pattern at its original size!  All the bears have been smaller to one degree or another ... I'll share the original bear with you all tomorrow.  I'm hoping we may have a few more challenge bears to enjoy before then! bear_flower  bear_thumb

bettys bears Melbourne

Looking forward to seeing the original bear.
Mine isn't going to make the deadline!
I still have to finish him off.
Hopefully the sun will shine over the next couple of days so I can sew his nose.
The plan is to have him out of the way before Monday.

Kent
Website

Don't worry too much about the deadline Betty .. we can be flexible! bear_flower

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

So glad you just said that Paula - I'm really pleased how my bear is coming along but I've been so busy that he hasn't been touched for days.  At the mo he's headless with pinned on ears and no facial features, but I don't want to spoil him and rush this last important step. 

What a great challenge this has been, I have really enjoyed looking at all the wonderful yet very different creations you talented bunch have produced and although I haven't managed the deadline, it hasn't put me off having ago at another challenge in the future - but perhaps one thats deadline is Summer!  bear_grin

Hugs Ali x

Gijzette Elfin Bears
Mount Dora FL
Website

Mine's not anywhere near completion either. I've had many challenges...1st the gusset was too long...then it was too short...now it's too narrow. I'll get it yet. I don't know why I'm having so much trouble. One of my talents is to be able to see things spatially and sometimes this can really be a hindrance. 

Hugs,

Board footer