No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

Pijangibears Pijangibears
Denmark

Mine isn't finished either. I can't make it to the deadline  bear_sad

:hug:

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

BennyTT.jpgDon't worry, just post when you are ready ladies!

Bennyhead.jpg

As promised, this is the original bear ... he's called 'Benny' and is 20" in height, so much bigger than all the bears posted so far!  bear_tongue

Benny3.jpg

Bennyprofile1.jpg

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

She is a real sweetie bear_wub  bear_wub .I find it amazing that the bears are turning out in everyones own style and you would never realise we used one of Paulas pattern pieces bear_flower
Laurie :hug:

cjsmum Happy Little Souls
Sydney

Yep Ellen,

She is definitely a she, but so sweet, I love the insets.

I think it is amazing with all of the different results, it just goes to show- there are never two teddy's alike!

Thanks for the great challenge Paula. It's fantastic to see the original big boy he is wonderful- a real Teddy Bear!!

Mel

RaggyRat The RaggyRat Company
Weymouth
Website
Laurie wrote:

She is a real sweetie bear_wub  bear_wub .I find it amazing that the bears are turning out in everyones own style and you would never realise we used one of Paulas pattern pieces bear_flower
Laurie :hug:

i agree with this, an amazing array of work ....

cat xxxxx

KiddoBears KiddoBears
California

Hi Paula,sorry I didn't answer sooner. No I did not add a mouth piece. I did not change the side head, I used it as you send it.  I didn't have an idea of how it was going to turn out. When I cut my gusset and stuffed the head and when i put the head together I  thought it looked to plain and so I just decided to cut more or less where the mouth goes and added my own sculpted tongue into the face. Hope this was OK ?  :hug:  :hug:  :hug: I really enjoyed the challenge :hug:  :hug:

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

WOW!!! what marvelous bears!!!  :dance:  :dance: and everyone soooo different.

Kent
Website

Hi Mary, of course it's okay!  I was just intrigued to find out how you created her.  Thank you for sharing your creative process!  bear_flower

Ellen, your bear is such a feminine pretty bear.  I know this challenge made you rethink your usual methods and yet you have still created a bear which is unmistakably of your own identity!  I think she's lovely!  bear_thumb

KiddoBears KiddoBears
California

Paula your original is just amazing bear_thumb  bear_thumb  I just love that face. How do you creat it. Do you go under the muzzle and then come out the eyes to get the muzzle effect? I just love the cheeky effect,big feet, on the bears.But  when I cut a pattern I never know how its going to turn out,until I start assembling. I have tried ,But mine never come out cheeky I would like to try to make the muzzle bigger that way in one of my bear. Would you mind sharing bear_original
Ellen your bears came out just beautiful, too bear_thumb  bear_thumb
I also want to include all those that maybe I might have missed,awsome works on all of them will keep checking til the end of the challenge :clap:  :clap:  :hug:  :hug:
Paula,Oh by the way! did you check my ice cream bear,in the yummy challenge.Hope you like him.Let me know what you think,my daughter wants it for christmas.

Kent
Website

Hi Mary, I'm so pleased you like the original!  I'm still amazed by the diverse range of bears we've all created from the same side head piece!!!

I like to keep things as simple as possible when I design bears, so Benny's head is a standard three piece head - two sides pieces and a gusset.  The muzzle is scissor trimmed to achieve the look you asked about.  The most important thing to consider when trying to achieve this look is the fabric you are using and how you lay your side head piece on the fabric.  For Benny, I have used a 24mm straight pile fabric and I made sure I laid the side head pieces so that the fabric pile ran slightly diagonally away from the nose tip.  By the way, this look works particularly well with dense tipped fabric!

Once the head was stuffed, I inserted the eyes, then trimmed back the top of the muzzle to the backing.  For the sides of the muzzle, using embroidery scissors, I carefully trimmed the fur, graduating it gently so that it was a little wider at the 'cheeks'.  Then I stitched his nose and mouth and finally, trimmed the area in the 'V' of the mouth, back to the backing, taking care to trim the side muzzle area so that it was cut straight along the mouth stitching (so the side of the muzzle looks neat in profile) ... if you look closely, you will see what I mean on the close up head picture.  I also gave another fine trim once the nose and mouth had been sewn and the chin area exposed.

I hope that makes sense!  Basically, it's all scissor sculpting techniques, there are no extra cheek pieces or seams/gussets/darts etc.  It's just a standard three piece head design.

I haven't seen your ice-cream bear yet ... I'll go and find him! bear_original

Ellen, it would be lovely if you came up with a challenge too!  I tried to think of something that would be accessible to absolutely everyone, from someone who perhaps hadn't designed at all, through to challenging established bearmakers to work on something fresh ... I'm so pleased with the results and it really has been fun too! bear_flower

KiddoBears KiddoBears
California

Thank You! Paula for explaining your process on your bear! bear_thumb  bear_wub I will try it with a dense fur and see what I come up with.  :hug:

bettys bears Melbourne

IMGP9753.JPGIMGP9750.JPGIMGP9747.JPGIMGP9743.JPGHe's finally finished.
He stands almost 17" tall and is made from a matted Mohair.
So far he doesn't have a name but he looks as though he's saying "WHO ME!"

Weymouth
Website

what a fun bear betty - thanks for sharing ...

has anyone noticed i havent finnished ? oops
been asked to make another cuttlefish puppet so thats taken over ....
cuttle fish inform my bears !

cat xxxxx

Kent
Website

Betty, he's a great character bear!  Full of expression!  Another unique piece of work!  :clap:  :clap:

Please can you add him to the challenge gallery ... in fact, can everyone please remember to add their work to our challenge gallery.  It's right at the top of the page, on the toolbar that runs across under the Teddy Talk logo.  :thumbsup:

Whoa!  I just scrolled through all our posts and found I'd completely missed little 'Flippie'!  I'm not sure how I managed that but a big sorry!  He's a lovely addition to the challenge and all the way from Johannesburg too!  Please could you add him to the gallery x bear_flower

KiddoBears KiddoBears
California

Oh! Betty  bear_flower he is just adorable,and with a unique funny expression! bear_thumb  bear_thumb 
Flippie !is also just beautiful bear_thumb  bear_thumb  :hug:  :hug:

ivuska.h Anavy teddy bears

Hi all, how wonderful bears you made! Here is mine (a bit late, he was been almost finished for a while but his nose was still incomplete and I was quite busy because I follow in Cat's and Claire's footsteps -- I'm pregnant too! bear_wub ) -- Benjamin.

2092556471_4bae09d848.jpg
2092556469_1456778a26.jpg

He is a bit under 5 inches.

Weymouth
Website

hes lovely - and again, so different ... im finding being preg and looking after twins
has really taken me over ... and thats a bit hard ....

i am crafting slowly tho like you ivuska !
cat xxxx

KiddoBears KiddoBears
California

Hi! Wow Ivuska! bear_flower  your bear is also beautiful very tiny and adorable and different indeed you did a wonderful job :hug:  :hug:  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Lovethosebears Yorkshire

DSCN2987-640x480.JPGDSCN2984-640x480.JPGI know I am REALLY late  :redface: but this was the first pattern I have ever done and I had a few (well quite alot) of problems with it and other boring life things got in the way, so I'm sorry for the delay, but proud to introduce to you ............. CADBURY!

I made his head along time ago but the body I made was too small and I had to start again.  However not to waste anything, I made a little head for that body which turned into a cutie I called Cookie.

Cadbury has so many firsts for me ..... my own pattern (except Paula peice), posable arms, slicing of pattern, claws, shading, cheeks ...... phew 

There is only one small problem, I didn't tighten the cotterpin joints enough and he has loose legs  bear_cry (I know he would have stood unaided otherwise), perhaps with his size and weight, I should have used nut and bolts, will add that to my next to try list!  Oh Cadbury is nearly 13" tall.

I might leave the challenges alone in future, until I have more time to myself  :redface:  bear_grin 

Hugs Ali x

Kent
Website

Wow, these bears just keep on coming!  Sorry if I missed your's earlier ... I wasn't expecting the challenge to be so popular for so long!  Thank you all for staying true to your challenge commitment. 

Ali, congratulations on persevering with your bear, I know how hard it can be to stay focused when things don't go your way!  I think you have created a lovely friendly looking bear and I'm delighted you've used the challenge to work on so many new skills.  His chubby cheeks are great!  I quite like loosely jointed limbs by the way, they can add character to a bear!

Ivuska ... it has completely intrigued me that such little bears can be successfully made with a piece of pattern that started life so big!  Your little fellow is such a sweetie!  His little nose is adorable and I really like your arm and body shaping ... he stands beautifully!

Board footer