Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Pipa UK

Hi everyone, i was wondering if anyone has any experience with this.
I cant wear wrist watches..why? i have no idea..everytime i buy a watch..brand new..put it on.. within a day it stops completely.. ive had the watches checked..new batteries..bought new watches over and over..and everyone of them stop dead... i even took my mothers watch which works for her..and tried that..it stopped..i gave it her back and it worked... LOL!

Now i really want this gorgeous watch i saw and the thing is..it has a strip of leather under the watch and the watch on top.so i was thinking maybe if the silver bit of the watch isnt in contact with my skin it might work??

anyone have this problem and ever found a watch you can wear ?? or know why it does this ?? i must be full of electricity or something  bear_grin

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Yep, which made being a nurse annoying- I gave up and wore them around my neck on a chain or on my stethascope

Actually you are full of 'electricity'.....in a different way very simply put- s that I can understand it:

All the cells in our body are either positive or negatively charged...sodium, potassium, chloride and calcium are in everything.  These chemicals are responsible for all of our general funtioning- positive ions move in and neg move out....back and forth, in and out of our veins etc. with out this back and forth movement your heart stops, and nothing works right.  This is one reason when you get really really sick the docs order electrolyte panals- etc. They want a readinbg of how much sodium, potassium, chloride and calcium yu have running around inside.  It is also why the IV solution going into you in an emergency is usually a balanced solution- although they do use just normal saline or glucose solutions. in certain situations.

It also is why MRI ( magnetic resonance imaging) works and gives such incredable pics of our insides.

I'm a betting that was more than you ever wanted to know-  It was more of a mental exercise for me to see if I could remember...hmmmmmm  :doh:

Good luck with your watch......

bear_tongue

Pipa UK

Thanks Dilu i understood perfectly  :D

NOw i was wondering.. i had acupuncture a few months ago in my back. do you think that would re-balance things?? i have no idea im just guessing by what the Dr told me what acupuncture does and it's a long shot but i'll try anything hehehe or am i destined to have this forever?  bear_rolleyes

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Hmmm.....energy flows along the meridians-could you readjust your energy so you can wear a watch?  and would it be permenant?

I doubt it, but for this reason:  MRIs pull al the negative ions to one side of the cell wall and all the positive to the other-that's when the picture is taken...it's very fast, and then they start going back and forth like usual ....It might be worth asking your accupuncturist about though-  I have seen accupuncture do some incredable things....so I don't discount the science behind accupuncture.

bear_tongue

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

My hubby had acupuncture for his bad back......

he kept getting drawn towards the 'fridge door

hahahahahahh

Penny  bear_grin

Pipa UK

hehehehe i think i will lay off the acupuncture for awhile then, i dont want to be walking along and get magnetically stuck to something..  bear_happy

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Good luck with the wrist watch Pipa - I hope that you have better luck with this
one, if you buy it.
I have sometines had my credit card in my wallet and the magnetic strip
seems to not work and the other day I pressed the lift button and got a  small shock
from it - which was not very nice.

Hugs
Carolyn

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Oh Pipa, I hope you next wrist watch will not stop on you.  :hug:

Marie

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

An old fashioned wind up watch, that should do the trick Pipa, just remember not to overwind it or wind it at all.

Jane  bear_original

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

I also have this problem.  The wind up watches work well.  The problem is finding one.  I have found that I can get by if I only wear the watch part of the time.  When I'm going somewhere I put it on, then take it off when I get home.

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

millie wrote:

I also have this problem.  The wind up watches work well.  The problem is finding one.  I have found that I can get by if I only wear the watch part of the time.  When I'm going somewhere I put it on, then take it off when I get home.

LOL!  For me the wind up watches ALWASY stop when I wear one!  Have to wear battery operated ones.

Pipa UK

I decided against buying the watch, after about 15 years of not wearing one now i fear it will only irritate me and i just know it will stop LOL !!

Ohh carolyn about your electric shock.. i have to be careful going on escelators (you know the moving stairs in shopping malls for anyone outside the uk i dont know what you call them) everytime i put my hand on the rail i get a little static electric shock..

Have you ever touched your tv first thing in the mornings and touch your radiator heater at the same time ?  that gives you quite a shock LOL!

Board footer