Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

Amy: Bless you, that's a very tempting offer, I'll PM you.

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio
bearlysane wrote:
All Bear wrote:

By the way, I absolutely love those pretty circular quilt mats you US girls use to place your trees on, I haven't seen them used in the UK ... I'd love to be able to make one!

Paula: If you can make bears, you can certainly make a tree mat!  :crackup: I'm throwing down the gauntlet, yep a Paula challenge for 2008.
For the time being, I will look forward to seeing your tree tomorrow with great anticipation! Now we just have to nudge Sue Ann!  bear_grin

Absolutely Paula!. I think many of them are "tree skirts". Mine is. It is a flat circular quilted thing with a small circle in the center, and a split to the small circle. You wrap it around the trunk to cover the stand.
Here is a link with some ideas.

http://christmas.howstuffworks.com/how- … tions3.htm

Thanks for that link Tami ... there are some great ideas there!  bear_thumb

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Ah!  Now I see!  Thanks heaps for the link Tami ... hopefully I'll be able to rise to Sandi's challenge for 2008!  I think I'm out of time this year unfortunately as I still have bears to complete and am having to steal back little bits of time to get the festive preparations underway.

Mutz Mutz's Tootsz Bears & Buds
New Berlin, Wisconsin

I am very proud of the tree skirt in my big tree photo. My mom made it. It is piece quilted & has yo-yos & buttons on it. Just my type of thing.  My mom is sooooooo great!
HHFN
Amy

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

Christmas2008tree.jpgTa ra!  At last, it's ready to share!  My daughter decorated it last night and I fiddled with the settings on my camera today, trying manfully to remember what my sister said about 'ambient light' and how to capture it!  Not sure I've done as I was told, but here it is anyway!

What wonderful ambience you have created in this setting Paula....with yet another gloriousl tree. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

SIGH!  bear_wub I think I am in love with Christmas, it's a beautiful time of year no matter where you are. All these pretties really get you in the mood for this jolly season.

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO'S POSTED A TREE.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Now where's Sue Ann's? ... come on NUDGE! NUDGE!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

All in good time . . . I'm pretty much a Scrooge at Christmas and I'm dragging my heels.  Patience, my child.

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

000_1722.jpg

Here's mine...tucked nicely in the bay window.  It's kind of difficult to get a very decent picture.  My living room is rather dimly lit because I have a rather TALL Christmas tree in my backyard  It would take zillions of lights and a firetrucks ladder to decorate.   :crackup:   Maybe next year.  bear_tongue

Hugs,

SueAnn wrote:

All in good time . . . I'm pretty much a Scrooge at Christmas and I'm dragging my heels.  Patience, my child.

You a Scrooge? Never in a million years! Slow and aging maybe... :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup: Just kiddin' Sue Ann and I will try very, very hard to be patient...promise.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Shantelle: That's a wonderful tree...with a very pretty angel on top too!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

christmas2007-022a-2.jpgchristmas2007-005a-2.jpgchristmas2007-004a-2.jpgOhhh dear..I hope to get my decorating done this weekend...hmmmm...
Everyone has done such a wonderful job...beautiful trees...not sure if I dare share what I have in mind now.

Oh my goodness...we woke up to 6 inches of snow this morning & as you can see in the smaller picture...every tree was loaded with snow, so after the sun & wind helped clear some of the branches, we decided to just get some Juniper Branches, that needed trimming anyhow, and put them in a vase & bucket with water & decorated them. Glad the snow guided us in this direction...
Sandi...loads of Juniper Berries on these!!!  bear_wub

Hugs &

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Sandi,
Wish I could have added the wonderful Juniper scent I have in my house right now, to my post!!

Hugs &

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub I love this thread!! bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub
I have not had much time to spend on TT recently but I've looked at this thread every day and enjoyed it very much. Beautiful trees everyone!

Bit late arriving here today...but I'm not missing this thread...like Tami E, I just love what you have all done.  bear_wub

makafelts wrote:

Sandi...loads of Juniper Berries on these!!!  bear_wub
Hugs &

Charlotte: Your Juniper looks lovely and I am extremely envious of the fragrance permeating your home. There's nothing like the pleasing scent of Junipers or Pines, to turn a regular house into a Christmas home!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Christmas2007.jpgI just realized I forgot to hang the stockings!!  Oh well.  Merry, merry holiday decorating everyone! 

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

P.S.  Note the furry in the lower right corner!   bear_laugh I didn't see him there until I downloaded the photo.

OMG Aleta! That tree must have taken you hours and hours to decorate ... you can hardly see the tree!
It's absolutely wonderful!   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney
bearlysane wrote:

OMG Aleta! That tree must have taken you hours and hours to decorate ... you can hardly see the tree!
It's absolutely wonderful!   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

ditto But all the trees look wonderful

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

2007Tree2.jpgHere's this year's tree... some of you have been here long enough to remember my 2005 Christmas tree  bear_whistle  Needless to say, THIS one is still pretty tall, by it is so nice and skinny!  Yea... the husband has learned!!!!  You can check out the 2005 monstrosity on my blog if you wish....

And Daphne... I again brought up your fabulous 2005 lyrics to disuade him from making the same mistake.  YOU are a Christmas tradition at our house!

Wow! That's a biggie Kim! Your children are growing up fast too! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Keep 'em coming girls...only a week to go!

Katrina's Miniatures Katrina's Miniatures
Website

snowshoeing-001.jpgWell, we finally got our tree up!  It's one from our front yard/field.  I think it's one that my dad planted years ago.  It's a big one, we got almost all of our ornaments on it this year!  We've got a nice combination of antique and modern ornaments on it bear_original

rkr4cds Creative Design Studio (RKR4CDS)
suburban Chicago

Re: Tree Mats/Skirts
They actually are to go to cover up the water reservoir underneath 'real' evergreens, or to camouflage the brackets holding up the 'other' styles. It's been tradition here in the States, for at least the last century; more ppl use them than don't. It's curious to consider that you might think that they were for matting or surface protection underneath, Paula - it's all in what one gets used to!

I'm curious: are there ANY TTers who leave up at least one tree all year round? I know a number of ppl who do this (indoors and yes, it's 'plastic', not real wood & greenery) and change the decorations with the season.
We have at least one US theme or holiday a month that would suffice.

Now you're free to admit it - you're among Friends!!

sonblestbears Son Blest Bears
Geetingsville, Indiana
Website

our07tree.JPG Hello and Merry Christmas!!  bear_wub This is our tree, decorated completely (almost) by my two children, Hannah (8) and Evan (2 1/2)!  They did such a beautiful job!  They did everything except the ornaments up at the top.  We had so much fun!  And I have to say I have loved seeing everyones trees and decorations!  They are all gorgeous!

Katrina: What a lovely "real" tree, I bet it's fragrance fills the house, just like Charlotte's Juniper. Looks like you have real glass ornaments there too. They were pretty hard to get your hands on for a number of years, but I have noticed them back in the shops again this season.  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Kimi: Your lighting is perfect!  bear_thumb Tell your children they have done a magnificent job...this picture made me get goosebumps!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

If anyone wasn't feeling in the mood for Christmas before, they must do now!

Katrina's Miniatures Katrina's Miniatures
Website
bearlysane wrote:

[b]Katrina: What a lovely "real" tree, I bet it's fragrance fills the house, just like Charlotte's Juniper. Looks like you have real glass ornaments there too. They were pretty hard to get your hands on for a number of years, but I have noticed them back in the shops again this season.  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Thanks bear_original  It does smell great.  We have lots of real glass ornaments.  Most of them are antiques, but some are ones we've found from Poland.  I love the delicate, glass ones.  My mom gives my brother and I each a new ornament every year, and I've got quite a variety.

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

Here's this year's tree... some of you have been here long enough to remember my 2005 Christmas tree    Needless to say, THIS one is still pretty tall, by it is so nice and skinny!  Yea... the husband has learned!!!!  You can check out the 2005 monstrosity on my blog if you wish....

Ha Ha Ha..........or should that be Ho Ho Ho? I remember your HUGE tree Kim, it was fabulous but, as you say...Large!

I am really enjoying seeing all your fabby trees and decs Girls. My tree this year is refusing to play ball with my camera no matter how i try to capture it - it could be cos it's standing in front of the window this year and the backlight plays havoc with contrasts or something but also maybe it's because i have gone dark this year with the colour scheme too - think peacock tail feathers and you'll get the idea. In fact, quite a lot of peacocks have given up their tail feathers for my tree this year - poor buggers - i thank all male peacocks for their generosity but i'm guessing they did'nt have much say in the matter.................life's tough for birds this time of year dontcha think?
bear_wacko  bear_whistle
I love all your trees and am with Sue Ann on this one this year when she says...

All in good time . . . I'm pretty much a Scrooge at Christmas and I'm dragging my heels.

......i still have a huge red firebird to hang up (more feathers i'm afraid) with a jewelled crown sitting on a golden swing perch - no one wants to tackle the task of climbing up the stepladders to my high ceiling and attaching it, least of all me cos me knees knock whenever i get past the first 3 rungs of the ladder and i start to sweat (or is that a hot flush hmmmm).
Penny
bear_tongue

Board footer