Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

This race happens every year on boxing day and my brother is taking part in the race this year and he seems to be doing really well. He has started it a couple of times before but had to pull out because of bad weather. His boat is 37 yrs old, he has had it refurbished since he has owned it. He is running second in his class, If you are interested in taking a look here is a link. His boat is Stormy Petrel

http://rolexsydneyhobart.com/standings_ … 1&Send.y=8

NIKKEL Nikkel Bears
Orient Point, NSW

Patsy - I wish your brother & his team well.  The Stormy Petrel was featured on WIN News last night, as she has 3 members from the Illawarra Yacht Club sailing on her to Hobart (we are in the Shoalhaven) so it's a local news event. 
Every Boxing Day afternoon, we go up to the headland near home (with our binoculars) to see if we can see the yachts as they sail past, but there was a stiff northeasterly blowing yesterday afternoon and visibility was pretty hazy on the horizon so we didn't get to see them this year.
Marg  bear_original

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Patsy, I wish your brother good luck and I hope he wins. You must be very proud of him.
I hope you had a great Christmas!

Hugs, Jane.  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Patsy, thats  fabulous news, I hope he goes extremely well. :pray:  :pray:

I haven't been following the race much this year, it doesn't appear to have had a lot of coverage here as yet. bear_sad

Thanks for the weblink.  :hug:  :hug:

Board footer